Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor quality work

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Get test record sheets and a cert that should cover a lot of the problems, still worried after that then get someone in to do a periodic inspection. Would give a fair degree of confidence in the installation, not a lot more you can do short of a rewire.

Insulation resistance test. Check every terminal for torque etc....

Maybe I'm just being hypercrytical.

gremlins-header.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

get builder back to fix it or call the regulating body

Here a plumber installed two cold taps in my house one is red one is blue...can I get him back to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Zarco

Here a plumber installed two cold taps in my house one is red one is blue...can I get him back to fix it?

Had tha conversation with a plumber one day

Was on a job but he didn't seem to care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Zarco

Insulation resistance test. Check every terminal for torque etc....

Visual will tell you a lot quickly

Take the cover off the distribution board and see what it's like

Check a few outlets see what they're like

Joins with no boxes doesn't sound great, might be downlights but still

Zarco wrote: »
    he didn't seem to care.

Good enough for the Irish.

What we call standard I'd say is broken.

Spare me the excuses and BS cold water is coming outtov the red tap...that's not right! I'm too busy finishing insulating the house after the last fellar said it was good enough, to do anything about it right now. :rolleyes:

As regards the original problem. Let the original installer fix his work. Don't pay him anything else. Get a professional to fix it after his fixes and send him the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭leroypatches

Thanks a mil for all the comments. He’ll be coming back soon so will have a list and see how it goes. Will get the cert and get it checked by someone else after. Will let you
    Know how I get on.

Thanks again.

just a follow up question.

In a cert 3, which the electrician will be issuing, he will certify all the circuitry from the new extension.

What is required of him in relation to the altered circuits in the original house - the original house was reconfigured, so there was a good bit of wiring to be done but he didn’t redo circuits for the like of lights that were moved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

just a follow up question.

In a cert 3, which the electrician will be issuing, he will certify all the circuitry from the new extension.

What is required of him in relation to the altered circuits in the original house - the original house was reconfigured, so there was a good bit of wiring to be done but he didn’t redo circuits for the like of lights that were moved.

The Cert 3 should cover any alterations also.
    Ask for a copy of the test records from him too.

Great. Thanks.

Advertisement