Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters of the Universe (Live Action) 2019.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

They must have got funding from somewhere so. I would say that was the biggest problem. Here's hoping it works out and its at least decent. Its either that or it will be a huge flop.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

Can't remember where I read it but someone reminded me how tasty the chicken looked that Gwildor stole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oh my goodness! :eek:

Lena Headey! Mark Hamill! Sarah Michelle Gellar! Alicia Silverstone! :eek:

KEVIN FREAKIN CONROY!!! :eek:

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1228395157109624832

King Randor AND Trapjaw?

Loving that Alan Oppenheimer is on board!!

Loving that Alan Oppenheimer is on board!!

*googles*
    *checks IMDB page*

Oh Yes! Oh Yes indeed!

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »
    *googles*
    *checks IMDB page*

Oh Yes! Oh Yes indeed!

Also in the episode where Star Trek: DS9 really took the gloves off

340?cb=20141228022849

Slydice wrote: »
    Noah Centineo confirms it's still on:

filming begins this Summer:
    Sony’s Masters of the Universe Film to Begin Production This Summer
    https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1122794-sonys-masters-universe-begin-production-this-summer

Hi Mom, indeed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Ack! I've mixed updates for two separate developments into this thread!

There is the Live Action reboot film with Noah Centineo
    Masters of the Universe - Reboot film
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_the_Universe#Reboot_film

then

There's an Animated sequel series to the original Animated show:
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-Man_and_the_Masters_of_the_Universe#Masters_of_the_Universe:_Revelation_sequel_series

The Animated show is on Netflix and has all that voice cast!
    Netflix's New Masters of the Universe Anime Has Basically Every Voice Actor You Love
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/netflixs-new-masters-of-the-universe-anime-has-basicall-1841700390

Yeah, I copped that from the HeMan actor

• Advertisement

Yeah, I copped that from the HeMan actor

I jumped the gun! So many big names in the list got me excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I don't even know who half them chracters or actors are in that list but can't wait now. I only remember He-Man, Skelatar and teela from the cartoon. Have to see the original film sometime before this comes out so I can compare and decide which is better. Got a couple of years should be able to do that lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,346 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's still in the works and heading to Netflix now

Mattel’s live-action Masters of the Universe film based on its iconic 1980s muscular action figure toy line is determined to live on.

After being in development at Sony for quite some years, the feature project is now moving over to Netflix for a summer start. There was buzz about this some time ago, but Sony would not confirm then. That rumor now is a reality. Sony, meanwhile, will keep rights to the film in China.

Adam and Aaron Nee (The Lost City) remain attached to direct with a screenplay they wrote with David Callaham (Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Wonder Woman 1984).

Kyle Allen. who plays one of the Jets in Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story, will star as Prince Adam/He-Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They're really getting their use out of that license. 2 animated series and a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

the site where I read about this used a synopsis I read a few years back stating Adam is an orphan unaware he is a prince.

is this the story they are going with? Why change it - orphan hero is fine to death

that is the She-Ra story.

he seems too slim to be able to bulk up like Chris Hemsworth.

and if he does bulk up won’t Adam be too muscular ?

or is this going the route of once he transforms the first time he stays He-Man?

it would be great if Hamill got the Skeletor role.

Anyone here have favourite to play Teela?

Sure I remember the original Adam just stripped and put on the tan when he became He-Man. Same build the whole time. The tan must be the Eternia version of Clark Kent glasses.

Still in the works with Amazon taking over from Netflix.

The long-awaited live-action “Masters of the Universe” movie is one step closer to becoming a reality, with Amazon MGM Studios and Mattel Films dating the project for worldwide theatrical release on June 5, 2026.

Travis Knight (“Kubo and the Two Strings,” “Bumblebee”) is on board to direct the film adaptation of the popular franchise, with Chris Butler writing the screenplay, following initial drafts written by David Callaham and Aaron and Adam Nee. Mattel Films’ Robbie Brenner, Escape Artists’ Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing.

According to its official synopsis, “Masters of the Universe” introduces a 10-year-old Prince Adam, who crashed to Earth in a spaceship and was separated from his magical Power Sword — the only link to his home on Eternia………

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

that sounds like a load of bollix. he loses his sword on earth for 20 years..?

When I saw Amazon I thought cool, might have another Fallout on our hands.

Then I saw the sypnosis..…why do they have to make this so hard? Just adapt the bloody story.

Because bringing them to Earth is what everyone praises about the first last film. Wonder if Monica, Paris and Strickland will be there.

Reading the article, it seems he'll only be on Earth for part of it so don't know how long. Probably enough time to see him being bullied at school and having a dead end job.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I thought they only went to earth in the movie because it was cheaper than fleshing out Eternia?

Yeah that was the reason. Though for the planned sequel it seems it was going to be set more in Eternia. They had started building the sets and costumes but after cancellation they were repurposed and used for Van Damme's Cyborg.

I assumed you were having a laugh Castor!

Lungdren's film is a guilty pleasure of mine but I always thought the consensus was that people hated the earth setting and characters.

The fans generally want a full Eternia film as well. No reason why it can't be done when you look at GOTG.

Oh I was. Can't think of many films that were liked when they brought the characters out of the setting they're known for. Sonic was enjoyable.

I liked the Lundgren film. Never understood the hate it got. Of course this was before the internet was around to tell me what films I should hate. 😀 I know big fans didn't like setting it on Earth instead of Eternia and then having new characters like Blade and Karg rather than trying to adapt characters we knew.

Was only years later, I realised it was Monica Gellar and Tom Paris in it. I know Friends and Voyager came out after the film, but didn't recognise them from the film. Just recognised them when I rewatched the film.

And now I want to rewatch again. Still have the Cosmic Key tune pop into my head occasionally.

On a sidenote, the movie was kinda made canon recently in comics as part of a multiverse and the latest animated series where they brought in Gwildor and I'm sure they had the Cosmic Key as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I distractingly remember being annoyed at the movie when it came out because of all the changes it made to the cartoon (why did He-Man have a cape?!). Still, it ended up being a movie we watched countless times. Frank Langella was both awesome and terrifying as Skeletor.

Advertisement