Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters of the Universe (Live Action) 2019.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

that sounds like a load of bollix. he loses his sword on earth for 20 years..?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

When I saw Amazon I thought cool, might have another Fallout on our hands.

Then I saw the sypnosis..…why do they have to make this so hard? Just adapt the bloody story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Because bringing them to Earth is what everyone praises about the first last film. Wonder if Monica, Paris and Strickland will be there.

Reading the article, it seems he'll only be on Earth for part of it so don't know how long. Probably enough time to see him being bullied at school and having a dead end job.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I thought they only went to earth in the movie because it was cheaper than fleshing out Eternia?

Yeah that was the reason. Though for the planned sequel it seems it was going to be set more in Eternia. They had started building the sets and costumes but after cancellation they were repurposed and used for Van Damme's Cyborg.

I assumed you were having a laugh Castor!

Lungdren's film is a guilty pleasure of mine but I always thought the consensus was that people hated the earth setting and characters.

The fans generally want a full Eternia film as well. No reason why it can't be done when you look at GOTG.

Oh I was. Can't think of many films that were liked when they brought the characters out of the setting they're known for. Sonic was enjoyable.

I liked the Lundgren film. Never understood the hate it got. Of course this was before the internet was around to tell me what films I should hate. 😀 I know big fans didn't like setting it on Earth instead of Eternia and then having new characters like Blade and Karg rather than trying to adapt characters we knew.

Was only years later, I realised it was Monica Gellar and Tom Paris in it. I know Friends and Voyager came out after the film, but didn't recognise them from the film. Just recognised them when I rewatched the film.

And now I want to rewatch again. Still have the Cosmic Key tune pop into my head occasionally.

On a sidenote, the movie was kinda made canon recently in comics as part of a multiverse and the latest animated series where they brought in Gwildor and I'm sure they had the Cosmic Key as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I distractingly remember being annoyed at the movie when it came out because of all the changes it made to the cartoon (why did He-Man have a cape?!). Still, it ended up being a movie we watched countless times. Frank Langella was both awesome and terrifying as Skeletor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Nicholas Galitzine may need to call his hairdresser. The brunette “Idea of You” actor has been cast as He-Man, the blond barbarian who inspired the popular Mattel toy, in the upcoming film adaptation “Masters of the Universe.”

“Bumblebee” director Travis Knight is directing the movie for Amazon MGM Studios and Mattel. By the power of Grayskull, the long-delayed film will be released in theaters on June 5, 2026.

“Masters of the Universe” has endured a particularly torturous, two-decade-plus journey to the big screen. The project was set up at Warner Bros. and Sony before moving to Netflix, which axed the film in 2023 over budget concerns. Countless directors, including “Kung Fu Panda” filmmaker John Stevenson, “Wicked” helmer Jon M. Chu, “Charlie’s Angels” filmmaker McG and “The Lost City” duo Aaron and Adam Nee, have cycled through the movie since 2007. “West Side Story” actor Kyle Allen was at one point attached to play He-Man; it’s unclear when those talks fell apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Camila Mendes has been cast as Teela

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Reboot after reboot after reboot of countless well established, well received movies. Sequel after sequel to movies that should have been one hit wonders. Stories with tenuous links to a brand or boardgame created to make a movie, and yet it takes companies whose expertise is meant to be in making films 20 years to make a film with an established storyline and fanbase.

It's unfathomable.

I'm not familiar with her but after a quick look at her credits, it looks like we're going The CW route with this property. I'm not even mad, it's hilarious that after all these years, and I'm talking since the early 2000s at least, this is what all the money spent on scripts and the like has all whittled down to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Advertisement