Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona receive two window transfer embargo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

This is like Al Capone being done for tax evasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

The Spanish FA getting sanctioned as well, they were obviously involved and aware of the breach of regulations.

If the transfer ban doesn't happen until next January and the following summer as has been mentioned, then they'll just sign a rake of players this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Im sure Chelsea got a 3 window ban but it was appealed and I think we missed only 1 due to Kakuta and a pre-contract taking him from France.

Id be surprised if this stuck anyway, remains to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Im sure Chelsea got a 3 window ban but it was appealed and I think we missed only 1 due to Kakuta and a pre-contract taking him from France.

Id be surprised if this stuck anyway, remains to be seen.

FIFA are coming down hard on Spanish clubs,I posted a link before regarding the financial shenanigans in Spain & how they want this sorted.I don't think an appeal will work in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Ballague saying it's for Jan and Summer 2015 so they will have this window to set themselves up at the back.

That's not what he's saying on SSN now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I can see all players out on loan that are close to breaking into the first team getting called back pretty pronto.

Looks like returning loan players won't be too much help in the keeper or centre back situations

No.PositionPlayer—22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.pngMFRafinha (at Celta until 30 June 2014)23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.pngFWGerard Deulofeu (at Everton until 30 June 2014)23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.pngFWBojan Krkić (at Ajax until 30 June 2014)22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.pngFWKeirrison (at Coritiba until 30 June 2014)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

PuyLOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That's not what he's saying on SSN now.

It's what he said on Twitter earlier. Not like him to change his tune :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

That's a big problem for them.

Valdes out, Pinto leaving, their CB's are ****ed,...

However, I can see this end the same way like the Chelsea case with Kakuta (?), it will probably fall through on appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If it is a ban for summer 2014 and winter 2015 transfer windows then they'll just offer Puyol a one year extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

We're calm about the transfer ban. It's a normal procedure, now we have 90 days to appeal and to explain things.

I'm sure something will be worked out.

Its a stupid rule. The young players in question obviously want to be there.

The view right now is a negative one, one that instigates that Barca are taking kids from their birth country, separating them from relatives and friends, and then when they eventually dont "make it" they get tossed out.

But what kid who loves football wouldn't snatch at an opportunity like Barcelona (or United, Bayern etc...)? It introduces them to a higher standard of football at a young age, higher than some of the leagues they would be in if they stayed at their home country.

No one cant say for sure, but I don't think Messi would have been anywhere near as good if he stayed in Rosario. Yes, medical treatments wouldn't have been available, but training daily with brilliant players is something that everyone would benefit from.

If they're gifted & if they want it, give them the best opportunities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

miralize wrote: »
    I'm sure something will be worked out.

Its a stupid rule. The young players in question obviously want to be there.

The view right now is a negative one, one that instigates that Barca are taking kids from their birth country, separating them from relatives and friends, and then when they eventually dont "make it" they get tossed out.

But what kid who loves football wouldn't snatch at an opportunity like Barcelona (or United, Bayern etc...)? It introduces them to a higher standard of football at a young age, higher than some of the leagues they would be in if they stayed at their home country.

No one cant say for sure, but I don't think Messi would have been anywhere near as good if he stayed in Rosario. Yes, medical treatments wouldn't have been available, but training daily with brilliant players is something that everyone would benefit from.

If they're gifted & if they want it, give them the best opportunities!

Messi is about the worst yardstick you could pick to justify this policy.

And the only justification you can give is that the kids 'want to be there'. that's like saying there should be no such thing as statutory rape.

Barca have around 400 youth players I think.

Clubs are basically businesses and businesses shouldn't be able to treat minors as assets, regardless of the potential benefit for the kids concerned.

There's also the issue of clubs basically hoovering up all the young talent from around the world and global leagues falling even further behind their European counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Would they be able to pick up players who are out of contract ? I think Marseille got Tony Cascarino despite a transfer embargo , although big Tony might be a bit old for Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Am i the only one here who still thinks it's only a slap on the wrist? Why is it the next two transfer windows after this summer instead of the next two windows? Sure they can just do all their planned business for the next while this summer then...a post world cup transfer window i might add.

This embargo will be lifted on appeal anyways given football is crooked as ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

spiralism wrote: »
    Am i the only one here who still thinks it's only a slap on the wrist? Why is it the next two transfer windows after this summer instead of the next two windows? Sure they can just do all their planned business for the next while this summer then...a post world cup transfer window i might add.

This embargo will be lifted on appeal anyways given football is crooked as ****.

It is the next two windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's what he said on Twitter earlier. Not like him to change his tune :pac:

:D

Also I never knew CHF was Swiss Francs!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

gosplan wrote: »
    You're not allowed to sign under-18's from outside the EU unless they're resident in the country already.

If you think about how Messi arrived at Barca before this rule was in place. That's outlawed now.

I guess it's to prevent a pointless upheaval in a child's life in case the football doesn't work out, and also to prevent poaching of minors internationally.

Are you sure thats the rule, MUFC signed a 17 year old from (non-EU) Switzerland a few months ago without there appearing to be any such issue.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2410260/Manchester-United-sign-17-year-old-Saidy-Janko-FC-Zurich.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

It is the next two windows.
    @GuillemBalague 3h
    About FCB. Sanction is for two consecutive transfer windows (Jan and summer 2015). Club plans 2 appeal

As mentioned earlier in the thread..

spiralism wrote: »
    As mentioned earlier in the thread..

Ballague is a hack of the highest order, and went on to contradict himself anyway. It's the next two windows according to actually credible news sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Maybe Ballague meant the 2014/15 season and just had a typo and a brainfart wrote 2015? But he clearly meant to the next two windows.

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    Maybe Ballague meant the 2014/15 season and just had a typo and a brainfart wrote 2015? But he clearly meant to the next two windows.

If that were the case then it would have been Jan/Summer 2014, but one of those is already gone. I'm not even sure he knows what he means half the time :pac:

Aye but maybe in Spain they refer to 2014/2015 season as 2015? Just saying, he's says crazy things but it's possible, especially with being twitter, that he also makes typos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They have no need to worry about anything sure don't they have the worlds greatest academy in La Masia why would they need to bring in any players.

They have no need to worry about anything sure don't they have the worlds greatest academy in La Masia why would they need to bring in any players.

They badly need a goal keeper and cover at CB. This could hit them very hard indeed and make La Liga even more interesting. :D (Assuming no other Spanish clubs get hit with similar)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This should be fun! Hope it's not reduced on appeal.

Watford had an embargo as well but still signed a heap of players. Dunno how that worked!

It's FIFA. Never be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Are you sure thats the rule, MUFC signed a 17 year old from (non-EU) Switzerland a few months ago without there appearing to be any such issue.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2410260/Manchester-United-sign-17-year-old-Saidy-Janko-FC-Zurich.html

TRANSFER BAN!!!! TRANSFER BAN!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pretty sure the Swiss or any EEA country don't need a visa to work in the EU or UK anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Switzerland is included as a common travel zone iirc and the kids mother is Swizz/italian so as long as hes over 16 the move is legal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Chelsea's case was very different ,

Lens took a case to FIFA over Chelsea and Gael Kakuta ( I had big hopes for this kid , he is out on his 4th loan in a row I think ! )
    Lens agreed to drop the case after coming to an agreement with Chelsea
    FIFA tried to progress the case but without Lens in with them it was always going to get thrown out .
    Chelsea's case was down to a single play and Barca's is to do with a least 10 !

Advertisement