Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eurosport Player £1.99 for 12 months

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

glasso wrote: »

Cheers, got it to project from my tablet to the Roku. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

I got this yesterday.....took my payment for 2:30 euro. But does not let me login. Didn't get any confirmation email or anything.

Anyone with any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

cuculainn wrote: »
    I got this yesterday.....took my payment for 2:30 euro. But does not let me login. Didn't get any confirmation email or anything.

Anyone with any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

The fact you didnt get confirmation email probable means when signing up you had a typo when putting in your email address.
    Contact Eurosport with your payment details, EG paypal ref number. Credit Card payment reference.

givecredit wrote: »
    The fact you didnt get confirmation email probable means when signing up you had a typo when putting in your email address.
    Contact Eurosport with your payment details, EG paypal ref number. Credit Card payment reference.

Cheers I'll give that a go. Just don't have a credit card reference yet. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks, OP. Very nice.

I registered while connected to a UK VPN, but my billing address was my real Irish address. €2.30 taken from Revolut immediately.

Not sure if I'll use it, but glad to get my hands on it. I'm going to investigate if I can rip the streaming URLs and use it on my satellite box with other IPTV services instead of relying on my Chromecast. Doubt it, but hopeful.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Just got subscription. The best €2.30 I have spent in a long while. Managed to cancel renewal immediately just in case I forget next year.

Cheers I'll give that a go. Just don't have a credit card reference yet. :-(

Of course you could just splash out and spend another 2.30 Euro

Of course you could just splash out and spend another 2.30 Euro

That was my original plan. But when I applied the code the price didn't change.....I'll try it again......is it still a bargain at 4:60 though???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

That was my original plan. But when I applied the code the price didn't change.....I'll try it again......is it still a bargain at 4:60 though???

0.012 cent a day. I would put it it into bargain territory :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Super bargain thanks OP. Subscribed and cancelled straight away on my phone.
    Can this app be downloaded onto fire tv box or shield without sideloading or vpn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yep, the app is Android TV compatible, so installed on my Shield without any problems. Though you do need to have location services enabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Yep, the app is Android TV compatible, so installed on my Shield without any problems. Though you do need to have location services enabled.
    Cheers I got it working on my mi box no problem but can't get it on my fire tv box. Tried using apps 2 fire and aptoide but it won't open?

iggy wrote: »
    Cheers I got it working on my mi box no problem but can't get it on my fire tv box. Tried using apps 2 fire and aptoide but it won't open?

It's probably because Amazon want you to pay stg 5.99 per month on their own channels Eurosport app

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

It's probably because Amazon want you to pay stg 5.99 per month on their own channels Eurosport app

So it can't be installed on the firestick?I was going to try installing it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads dont forget to cancel this before it hits full amount in november !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Kevcol

Fair play, will cancel tonight ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Lots of the snooker is on Quest. And the player is dreadful when I did try use it. So didn't make a lot of use of this for the year. Even for £2. They'd need to sort their player out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I found the Android TV app to be poor. Rarely bothered using it. Constantly had to sign back in, often no content showing until I signed out and in, location services had to be on. €2 is about right for the use I gave it - I'd renew at that price, but not more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I used the player on chrome and didn't have any issues whatsoever - €2 was an absolute bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Will definitely sign up again for €2. But no way would I pay the full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

marvin80 wrote: »
    I used the player on chrome and didn't have any issues whatsoever - €2 was an absolute bargain.

Maybe it's the fault of Internet Explorer that the player wouldn't work.
    If you get the player working ok it's a fair bargain for €2 alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

I think I cancelled it immediately after signing up. That's what one of the earlier posts said to do if I recall.

was good for the winter olympics, giro, tour de france and the world cycling championships. bargain for 2 euro. surely won't be repeated?
    worked perfectly in chrome on windows and the phone app worked ok also for me the couple of times that I used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

i used it for lots of bike races, definitely great value. Used it on chrome on the macbook and the app on the iphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Genghis

When I was going into cancel I saw a renewal of STG 29.99. Thought it was worth that so renewed. No idea why it was in STG or that price but was happy to renew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Genghis

This app is *seriously* heavy on data. Used it for maybe 90 mins and according to my phone consumed 5Gb.

Would be nice if it had a data optimising / saver option or even choice to watch in SD mode.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Genghis wrote: »
    When I was going into cancel I saw a renewal of STG 29.99. Thought it was worth that so renewed. No idea why it was in STG or that price but was happy to renew.
    That's not bad. I was given a renewal price of £39.99

Genghis wrote: »

I'll wait to see if there's a deal on Black Friday but otherwise I'd have no problem paying £30 for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

I got an email back in September, stating that my subscription would be renewed at £39.99 on 24/11/18, but in my account the price is £29.99, just checked with customer services there and they said that £29.99 was the old price and I would be charged £39.99

Logged out of my account and clicked the subscribe button and it says 39.99 Euro.

• Advertisement

pretty sure that there won't be a deal this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭lertsnim

glasso wrote: »
    pretty sure that there won't be a deal this year.

No loss for me with Eurosport being on Sky Go. I'd consider it again when the olympics are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Any sign of another black friday discount this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Looks like it's just £19.99 this year unfortunately - link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Just found it here too

https://promo-pl.eurosportplayer.com/promo/all-sports/black-friday-2018

44.50 Polish Zloty or c. €10.35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭G1032

Looks like it's just £19.99 this year unfortunately - link

Won't process payment for me. Service unavailable..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Just found it here too

Cheers! Worked a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭josip

Just found it here too

Great, signed up with Irish details thanks.

"Can't cancel contract during cooling off period".

Are they hoping that most people will forget to cancel by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭geriatric

Grassey wrote: »
    Cheers! Worked a treat!

Did you put a polish address in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

geriatric wrote: »
    Did you put a polish address in?

Nope, used that link, logged into my account, it then bounced to uk.eurosport (work vpn), used all my irish details stored there, price still at 44.5Zloty, happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭G1032

Anyone else having any issues processing this?

Nothing working for me, just get "service unavailable"

Tried different email, different card, payment method, existing account, new account..............

Edit:
    I wonder is it because my current subscription doesn't expire until 25th Nov???
    Edit 2:
    No, sure i've tried on a new account :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Galego

Doesnt work if you purchased the subscription last year using the Black Friday deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭icom

Galego wrote: »
    Doesnt work if you purchased the subscription last year using the Black Friday deal.

Use a different e-mail address, should work fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Galego

icom wrote: »
    Use a different e-mail address, should work fine.

No luck here for me.

Do you need to use some sort of vpn?

Error

There was an error processing your request.
    Service temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Has anyone used the .APK for this?. Does it work well on the android app?

califano wrote: »

I used the app to watch a few stages of the Tour de France and it was fine

califano wrote: »

I found the android app to be fairly decent.

marvin80 wrote: »
    I used the app to watch a few stages of the Tour de France and it was fine

Thanks. I just bought it and the app works great. Have it solely for the snooker and next week the UK Championships are up!. Its always the non Ronnie match I want to watch!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭josip

Just went downstairs to find my son watching ski jumping on Eurosport HD on the telly.
    Seems like we already had it in the TV package :o

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    Just went downstairs to find my son watching ski jumping on Eurosport HD on the telly.
    Seems like we already had it in the TV package :o

Ah yeah most do but it comes into play with live sport for choice. They show one game and the other less box office game under the eurosport player!. You wont see that on tv!. Joe Swail v Michael White shur where would you be!.

Advertisement