Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurosport Player £1.99 for 12 months

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭G1032

Galego wrote: »
    No luck here for me.

Do you need to use some sort of vpn?

Error

There was an error processing your request.
    Service temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I got there in the end. Different email, different card. Wouldn't process for me on my PC at work. Possibly because of work VPN but don't know for sure. Tried it on home laptop and went through no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

G1032 wrote: »
    I got there in the end. Different email, different card. Wouldn't process for me on my PC at work. Possibly because of work VPN but don't know for sure. Tried it on home laptop and went through no problem.

Had the same experience! Couldn't get it to work at work but got it now through the mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Just found it here too

https://promo-pl.eurosportplayer.com/promo/all-sports/black-friday-2018

44.50 Polish Zloty or c. €10.35

Just signed up, great deal, thanks OP

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just found it here too

Seems to have worked perfectly for me, with a new email address (as I had signed up for similar deal last year). Cheers for that. Hopefully, it'll continue to work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Signed up. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Cheers op worked a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭geriatric

Worked Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Looks like Eurosport have billed me £39.99 ,sub must have automatically renewed from last year.
    Sneaky maggots .
    I dont think I ever even used it .
    Have cancelled now so money should be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Worked for me as well, cheers - €10 is a bargain

Looks like Eurosport have billed me £39.99 ,sub must have automatically renewed from last year.
    Sneaky maggots .

in fairness that was clear when signing up.
    not sure if you'll be able to get your money back

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    in fairness that was clear when signing up.
    not sure if you'll be able to get your money back

I've a 14 day cooling off period as standard .
    I cancelled and it says subscription ends 25th Nov 2018 so I expect my money will be refunded in full.

I've a 14 day cooling off period as standard .
    I cancelled and it says subscription ends 25th Nov 2018 so I expect my money will be refunded in full.

fair enough. a lot of such subscription renewal systems aren't as forgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

With the Polish offer, will commentary be in Polish?

I suppose it would still be better than listening to Carlton Kirby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

DM-BM wrote: »
    With the Polish offer, will commentary be in Polish?

I suppose it would still be better than listening to Carlton Kirby.

Coming in English for me......

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭_Puma_

The player uses your location to give you the correct comentary. UK comentary for us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Just found it here too

Thanks mydiscworld and OP, changed my email and paid with Revolut on PayPal ...€10.38...every cent counts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Sneaky maggots .

I'm usually vigilant with automatic renewals but I was also caught with this one and they refused to refund me when I contacted them.

No advance notice of upcoming renewal and no cooling off period. That's shady practice in my book!

Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I'm usually vigilant with automatic renewals but I was also caught with this one and they refused to refund me when I contacted them.

No advance notice of upcoming renewal and no cooling off period. That's shady practice in my book!

Lesson learned.

I think this was as good as state din the registration email. Buyer be ware and all that. I cancelled a few weeks ago and got an email back confirming cancellation but also stating I would have access up to the 24th November. I think it may have been possible to cancel the subs last November but still have access for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Cancelled mine the day I got it last year and have been able to use it no problem.

Lesson learned.

14 days cooling off period is standard by law .
    I am waiting for my refund to show up in my bank account ,if its not there by the end of the week ,I will give them a right bollicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

I am waiting for my refund to show up in my bank account ,if its not there by the end of the week ,I will give them a right bollicking.

Got stung as well. Been trying to log in the last 3 weeks but forgot my password. Tried the password reset but never received the emails to reset the password. Miraculously, one came into my inbox today, a day after they took the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

I've opened a dispute with PayPal in the hope they'll take a more sympathetic approach to subscription traps.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Lesson learned.
    Maybe the email was considered spam by your provider? I got emailed from Eurosport a month or more before expiry, warning me of the pending expiry and whatever price they were going to "offer" me to resub.

No odds now, I guess. I would, however, hound them about it.

14 day colling off was served last year so I'd imagine you are bound by the terms this is a rolling subs that you did not cancel in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

1p a month for 6 months through amazon prime until 27th of january. will continue at £6.99 if you don't cancel in time.

sweetie wrote: »
    1p a month for 6 months through amazon prime until 27th of january. will continue at £6.99 if you don't cancel in time.

How much does Amazon Prime cost per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

£7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

icom wrote: »
    Just signed up, great deal, thanks OP

I just signed up for this to watch the E3 Harelbeke . Worked fine but says it is a monthly subscription... so is it only for 1 month & not the full year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I just signed up for this to watch the E3 Harelbeke . Worked fine but says it is a monthly subscription... so is it only for 1 month & not the full year ?

Full year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Set a reminder to cancel your subscription after the cooling off period.
    Otherwise they'll automatically re-charge you in 12 months time

Advertisement