Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The return of The Den with Ray, Zig zag & Dustin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

Could be shelved before long because of complaints about inappropriate(albeit good)jokes, because Zigs, Zags and Dustin's humour will sadly be too crude for modern day time TV and in-show interaction with modern kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I want Podge to make a cameo

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

The guys who created pudge and rodge / zig and zag also did the 'Bronx Bunny Show' not at all aimed at kids, though be great if those characters appeared on the den.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Any chance of Geri Maye coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Shouldn't it be Dustin, Soky, Snotzer,Zuppy, Ted and Podge with D'Arcy? Don Conroy better make an appearance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Can’t see this working across the generation gap. They’re obviously trying to get kids to watch it, by reeling their parents in to watch it for nostalgia.
    Ray will have the three bears on first to try and convert all the kids to eating porridge, and banning sugar and telling them how bad it is for them. Fun times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Edgware wrote: »
    Great. So Wanderly Wagon should be next. Or would Pavee Point object?

Here comes the hiace
    Wanderly Wanderly hiace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I'm looking to give this a shot pretty based on the fact it was the only decent thing on "RTE Does Comic Relief". Admittedly that is damning with feint praise, but let's see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

The den is returning November 6th @ 6:30pm on RTE One.

Easiest €200k a year anyone will ever make.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

E mac wrote: »
    The guys who created pudge and rodge / zig and zag also did the 'Bronx Bunny Show' not at all aimed at kids, though be great if those characters appeared on the den.

Transmission time would have to move to 11pm for Bronx and Teddy to appear...

If they're doing crossovers, bring back Velcro Girl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Never watched it when I was younger so have no intention of watching it now. I used to like Ray when he was with Today FM and done the morning show with Will, Mairead and his wife but then he became an old man, moaning and complaining about everything and I soon switched off. He’s had his day, he should leave well enough alone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Is Vogue Williams or Jennifer Zamparelli going to be on? Other wise I am not watching it. Ray bleedin D'arcy?

I scored 5 on the psychopath test btw, chuffed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It BeeMee wrote: »
    Transmission time would have to move to 11pm for Bronx and Teddy to appear...

Ring-a ding-ding! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I wont watch it because Ray Darcy is a weevils jizz stain.
    The Den was class - back in the day.

I am not a fan of the idea that today’s kids will get “the Fear” that those adults who’ll be watching The Den this time used to get when they, as kids, heard the start of Glenroe.

Those who know, will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭KaneToad

razorblunt wrote: »

Wasn't D'Arcy meant to be marrying her at one stage? Doubt she'll be coming back! #awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭KaneToad

It BeeMee wrote: »

She's married to Dave of Dermot & Dave "fame".

And throw Ted in, hopefully he'll finally get the better of Ray.

Y’know he got a 3 movie & TV series deal? Starred as some lad that sounds like a Tellytubby......po.........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Bring back Emma as well.

she works with Linkedin now according to her... LinkedIn

still flaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VB3jynSA3g

• Advertisement

Bosco will be turning around in his little wooden box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Dustin is as stale as last weeks bread, I cringe when he comes on

no way, he's as good as ever

telling bob geldof to wash himself and not his car

https://youtu.be/iH4dZ8zk3JU?t=679

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

Dustin is brilliant when he's not being reigned in. There aren't many people on TV who can insult so many people on a personal level and get away with it, but Dustin is one of them. Part of that is because he isn't really a person as such, but another part of it is that he's been doing it since the late 80s or early 90s, and so the permission to do that has been grandfathered in, so to speak.

Great to see it'll be without an audience, but what format will it take beyond that? It won't be a strand, will it, where the program lasts for 3 hours but really they're just doing stuff in between the other programs on a Sunday evening, surely? That said, I can't say I wouldn't love to see Dustin tear into Fair City after it ended. So, I expect it'll be a half hour or hour? If you allot time to just let them do whatever they want within reason, that'd be the best thing. Just let them chat and do little skits and bits. Do not use it as a vehicle to have on some no-talent RTE darling, who isn't very funny or interesting, and just takes up valuable space and time. I'll let D'Arcy off with that one since he a presented the show back in the old days, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

KaneToad wrote: »
    Wasn't D'Arcy meant to be marrying her at one stage? Doubt she'll be coming back! #awkward

Exactly. I’d say he’ll shoehorn the wife into the show somehow anyway to keep a watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I am not a fan of the idea that today’s kids will get “the Fear” that those adults who’ll be watching The Den this time used to get when they, as kids, heard the start of Glenroe.

Explain please.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

Explain please.

The Glenroe theme used to air on a Sunday evening, and the theme essentially became the "Have you done your maths homework yet?" klaxon call to a few generations of Irish kids. Don't want this iteration of The Den and its theme to be the same thing for another generation of Irish kids, but that won't happen because they'll be too busy playing Bouncy Pig Simulator on their iPads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Zig and Zag were THE stars of the Den

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

briany wrote: »
    The Glenroe theme used to air on a Sunday evening, and the theme essentially became the "Have you done your maths homework yet?" klaxon call to a few generations of Irish kids. Don't want this iteration of The Den and its theme to be the same thing for another generation of Irish kids, but that won't happen because they'll be too busy playing Bouncy Pig Simulator on their iPads.

But how has that anything to do with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

razorblunt wrote: »

Wasnt she let go from Winning Streak for getting bitchy with a female contestant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Dustin: I heard a clip of what can be expected and it sounded really awful, crude, rude, loud, vulgar, cheap and nasty :(

Would steer well clear of that.

Advertisement