Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of The Den with Ray, Zig zag & Dustin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

briany wrote: »
    The Glenroe theme used to air on a Sunday evening, and the theme essentially became the "Have you done your maths homework yet?" klaxon call to a few generations of Irish kids. Don't want this iteration of The Den and its theme to be the same thing for another generation of Irish kids, but that won't happen because they'll be too busy playing Bouncy Pig Simulator on their iPads.

Bouncy Pig Simulator?

If an evil goose game can make a studio millions, they so could this idea!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

But how has that anything to do with this?

Ah... I just noticed that The Den will actually be back on November 8th (Sunday), not November 6th (Friday) as the OP says, so I can see now how it makes sense. I was not trying to be hostile to the comment or anything, I was just genuinely curious on what it had to do with it since I had checked the day of November 6th.

On the wikipedia it says it will "make its debut" on RTE 1... I wonder is it really true that it has never appeared on RTE 1 in the history of it being on air? Of course they often switch sporting events and the like between 1 and 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

On the wikipedia it says it will "make its debut" on RTE 1... I wonder is it really true that it has never appeared on RTE 1 in the history of it being on air? Of course they often switch sporting events and the like between 1 and 2.

From 1986 to 1988 it aired on RTE One, weekdays 4 till 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Never really watched it when I was a kid (or RTE generally) except for the 90s Batman Animated series. I was always more into the cartoons themselves than the presenters and their "antics" (plus we had Sky from the mid 80s thanks to a brief stint in Holland and then Cablelink/satellite when we came home and it had all the better cartoons)

Anytime I saw Zig and Zag though they just struck me as loud and annoying. Dustin is just a mean-spirted pisstake character. I can see how so many idolise the Den though if all they had access to was RTE and maybe BBC/ITV (Knightmare was quite good though), but it never did it for me.

Advertisement