Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comrades 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Enjoy! I've never found anything as electric as the start of Comrades, it's everything you expect & more. Hopefully the weather will play ball & it won't be too hot & humid as you head towards Durban. Looking forward to see the report & the very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭py

Forgot to post in this thread. Had a blast last weekend. A long but enjoyable day of running. The support was electric throughout, even outside of the towns. However, the crowds were immense in all of the little towns/suburbs you pass through. People were out with their BBQ & beer/wine from daylight at ~7am. Weather held up and even got a bit of light drizzle in the last 30 minutes of my run. Something I'd love to do again, regardless of which direction it is in. Hopefully they announce the 2023 date soon so I can make a call on it. Full race report here.

Post edited by py on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Good video of this year's event, be warned that watching it might convince you to sign up 🙂

https://youtu.be/xUQepnklojk

Advertisement