Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag shot in Tarbert, Co. Kerry

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Cody montana

feelpablo wrote: »
    Can you expand on your thoughts there a little as to why you think that maybe?

Because he didn't deserve to be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppy37

I’m from nearby, the stag was shot without permission from the landowner. He also gave a false name when confronted. He is from the nearest village in Limerick and the matter is with the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Majestic looking animal all the same

They sure are.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Because he didn't deserve to be shot.

on what grounds have you come to that conclusion?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

They sure are.

Seems a shame to burn it/over cook like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Cody montana

That looks cremated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

poppy37 wrote: »
    I’m from nearby, the stag was shot without permission from the landowner. He also gave a false name when confronted. He is from the nearest village in Limerick and the matter is with the Gardai.

Who confronted him ? Bit stupid in a rural area where everyone knows everyone else generally.

The landowner apparently confronted him. There is supposed to be photographic evidence as well. The stag was very popular in the area and the locals are not happy. The hunter did have a license but not permission, he was also outside his 5km and in another county to the one he resides in.

That looks more well done than it actually was, it was cooked to medium.

Would this be more to your preference Jesus?

I don't like it too pink myself but I'll always consider my guests preference...

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

The landowner apparently confronted him. There is supposed to be photographic evidence as well. The stag was very popular in the area and the locals are not happy. The hunter did have a license but not permission, he was also outside his 5km and in another county to the one he resides in.

The key point here is if he did not have permission, the other points you made are irrelevant if he did have permission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Is it right to comment any further now we know its in the hands of the Gardai ?

tudderone wrote: »
    Is it right to comment any further now we know its in the hands of the Gardai ?

You are correct, I will not be making any more comments on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

You are correct, I will not be making any more comments on the matter.

Probably for the better since the thread has generated more heat than light.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

The Kerryman is a local newspaper and there are no Sika deer farms.

The nearest Sika deer would be in Killarney national park
    how did it get this far?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kunekunesika

Bus, bicycle or walked,???? Can't imagine Kerry sika respect a line on a map. There eruptive population type growth prevents them staying in one area only, for ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Richard308

There are Sika, from kenmare, caherdaniel, rathmore, glenbeigh, Tralee, ardfert, castleisland, duagh, and everywhere in between, just because you can’t pet them does not mean they’re not there. Maybe not in such large populations or visible as around Killarney but 110% there.

Advertisement