Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester Marathon 2020

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Cancelled? Was that on the email? I only see an option to defer. Not sure what to do now as it's only 2 weeks before Dublin and I'm hoping I have a good enough time from the last DCM for Boston.

It's in the FAQ section under the deferral. Nicely hidden!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

It's in the FAQ section under the deferral. Nicely hidden!

Perfect, thanks. Think I'll cancel and concentrate on Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Any thoughts on whether this will go ahead in October??

I took the refund option as I was already committed to a half Ironman in September also in the UK. My gut says both will go ahead but I'm hoping my race is called off. It'll be lower numbers, about 2000, but I'm not convinced by the UK approach to the whole virus. Still training for it - partly just in case it goes ahead, partly cos I'll go loopy without a goal however fluffy

They are saying that they are still working on it and will make a definitive decision in mid July. I wonder if they are waiting to see what London do first.

https://www.manchestermarathon.co.uk/news/june-covid-19-update/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They would be utterly daft to even consider holding it considering that the R number was fractionally over 1 in the NW last week... :mad:

They would be utterly daft to even consider holding it considering that the R number was fractionally over 1 in the NW last week... :mad:

Only heard that today actually. Yes, very unlikely to happen. Same for Yorkshire and Liverpool Rock and Roll. Perhaps you'd be better off considering Frankfurt if you want a punt on getting a marathon this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

wrong thread, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Aaaaaaaand cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Aaaaaaaand cancelled.

Opted for the refund myself. Time to move on!

• Advertisement

Aaaaaaaand cancelled.

It's a pity but probably the right decision.
    Ironman on the other hand are clinging on to the hope (plus my entry fee) that their UK events will still go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

The 2022 Manchester marathon is going back to it's usual April date, (April 3rd) Entries are now open, just scroll down past the 2021 entry.

https://www.manchestermarathon.co.uk/enter-manchester-marathon/

Advertisement