Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breakfast at your desk

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

klm1 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with someone eating snacks at their desk, or eating lunch/breakfast at their desk if they are just too busy to take a full break. But if someone who works with me ate their lunch whilst working and then disappeared for a full hour, I'd pull them up on it.

Youd be laughed out of it anywhere Ive ever worked and possibly questioned as to why you were creating a problem where none exists.

Work from home some mornings so make and have breakfast with my partner before he heads to work. On the days I'm not working from home I go for an early swim and pick up breakfast at my work canteen and have it in my box of an office before work, I love doing that. It's very relaxing and sets me up for the day.

Provided people aren't eating stinky food I don't see the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There's a blanket ban on eating at your desk in my company and I really like it, I have to say. No stinky food smells at all. Although I can't imagine being so exercised by the smell of fish in the office that you'd go home over it like one poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I have a pint of water at home before I leave. In work (preschool) I have my breakfast while the children are having lunch. A bowl of raspberries and blueberries with Greek yogurt. So I guess it kind of is at my desk. Lovely to sit with a group of 4/5 year olds, nattering and eating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Breakfast at my desk : no need, plenty of time for that at home while I prepare lunch boxes for my kid.
    Lunch though - I used to go out for lunch with peeps from my team before, or have a lunch group // when I was having less responsibilities ...
    Now I don't have time to go to the canteen/restaurant: I would have a sandwich at my desk while ringing into virtual meetings/do my work. Other ppl do the same, guess the company culture allows that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I prefer to start early instead of working late. I’ll have finished my breakfast & cleaned my crockery long before most people come into the office, so it’s usually not a problem.

When I am on video calls with Californian clients, a few of them will have brought their breakfast in the meeting room, and eat away during the call. These companies provide free food, so employees will usually have their breakfast at work. They’re not really paying attention to the call while they’re eating, but they’re the client, you have to remain polite and repeat yourself as necessary.

Advertisement