Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Prescription Glasses

Options
  • 13-10-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My 11 year old & I have really caught the cycling bug & spend our weekends out & about on our bikes.

Anyway, I want to get cycling prescription glasses as I find the wind finds it way around my glasses & irritates my eyes, leaving my eyes running for the rest of the night. (My wife found it unusual last night, seeing me with tears running down my face, while watching Love Hate).

I have not been to the usuals yet, (Specsavers, Vision Express .. ) yet, but has anyone any recommendations of where to go or any advice on makes, materials on what to look for & what to avoid in cyclng glasses.

Rgds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Somebody posted a site recently that you could order online. Was very cheap from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

specsavers usually have a selection of oakleys that'll do you depending on your prescription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

zenni optical

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭lissard

Know the original question is about prescription lenses but I was in the OPs position last year and I came to the conclusion that getting contact lenses fitted was the best option. It allows you to wear any cycling glasses you fancy, from €5 ones in Lidl up to god know what for Oakleys. In the end I went with Specsavers daily disposables along with these (URL swimcyclerun.com/glasses/bbb-winner-sunglasses.html). On wet days you can take them off and still see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I got a great pair on a deal in specsavers - they were basically free, with another pair of regular specs like.

Loved them, was delighted with them, my first pair of prescription lenses after years of talking about them....

and three weeks later I lost them. :(:(:(:( That was a month ago and they still haven't turned up.

There's a lesson there somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

fat bloke wrote: »
    I got a great pair on a deal in specsavers - they were basically free, with another pair of regular specs like.

Loved them, was delighted with them, my first pair of prescription lenses after years of talking about them....

and three weeks later I lost them. :(:(:(:( That was a month ago and they still haven't turned up.

Are they on your head? - that's where mine usually are when I can't find them :o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

lissard wrote: »
    Know the original question is about prescription lenses but I was in the OPs position last year and I came to the conclusion that getting contact lenses fitted was the best option. It allows you to wear any cycling glasses you fancy, from €5 ones in Lidl up to god know what for Oakleys. In the end I went with Specsavers daily disposables along with these (URL swimcyclerun.com/glasses/bbb-winner-sunglasses.html). On wet days you can take them off and still see!

Lissard, contact lens & I do not get along. Would love if we did but ....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We've had a few threads on the topic - I think this is the most recent one with some options discussed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

fat bloke wrote: »

That's great to know, as I need new regular specs myself and would fancy some prescription cycling glasses. Which branch did you go to, and roughly how much for both pairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twaimkit

Hi i treated myself to a pair of Bolle this summer in optician as eyes were getting very irritated and practically blind without glasses. 235 if i remeber correctly and they are very comfortable to wear. I think the cost maybe cheaper depending on px.

• Advertisement

Hi i treated myself to a pair of Bolle this summer in optician as eyes were getting very irritated and practically blind without glasses. 235 if i remeber correctly and they are very comfortable to wear. I think the cost maybe cheaper depending on px.

Advertisement