Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New RTE Weather graphics.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Maidhci wrote: »
    For both young and old I would think.

I wonder are the graphics supplied by RTE Graphics or Met Éireann??

I'd say they're created in house by RTE.
    Or first year graphic design students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The new Meteo forecast graphics on the BBC are miles better (and better than the old Met office uk pics)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭pad199207

I wouldnt be too over gone on the new BBC graphics. Its quite hard to distinguish between cloud and snowfall.

But sure look as long as snowfall proves to be elusive as ever each winter we wont have that problem. Rain is easy to make out so thats grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Today's update on the BBC is very poor indeed, even their website is asking for flash player plugins.
    In comparison to all their previous versions, and everyone else's, this is very much a downhill effort from them.
    Even RTE's low-contrast and hard to read temps are better that their new 'wee boxes'.

Q1cjufi.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I really like the new look on BBC Weather, but nothing will ever beat their late 1990s-early 2000's look.

A video explaining the changes and today's forecast.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYJ3O8MipA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bit of a shock to see Scotland true to scale!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That was my first thought too ... its actually massive! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭lolie

In all the years watching the bbc weather i never noticed that.
    I'm not mad about the new graphics especially as Ireland is smaller now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The new BBC graphics:

During the forecast presentation add the new clouds,etc. overlay graphics animations, but remove all those words. Most of all do it on *a map of the UK only*.

FYI, I really dislike them if you could not tell.

Advertisement