Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Same as last Sunday here. Roast beef, mash, roasties, veg and gravy. Put my hearty into it so having a beer.:D

I'm having beer for breakfast, and yes I know it's 5 o'clock.

Japanese style curry stewed beef. From yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Same as last Sunday here. Roast beef, mash, roasties, veg and gravy. Put my hearty into it so having a beer.:D

Exact same dinner on the way, in about 43 minutes.

Just going to crack open the first cold Guinness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Spaghetti Carbonara and a nice glass of red in front of a blazing stove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Spaghetti Carbonara and a nice glass of red in front of a blazing stove.

You're making me jealous now because I love carbonara AND I just ran out of wood for the stove last week. Trying my best to resist buying another crate of it as I know well I would be too tempted to burn it through the summer when its not even needed. But I do miss the fire, its as much about the visual as it is the heat.

Had one of Aldis buttermilk chicken thigh burgers, topped with cheese and streaky bacon. Frozen blueberry and banana smoothie for dessert.

Homemade chips, topped with shredded smoked cheese and curry, a medium fillet steak and baby mushrooms.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Homemade chips, topped with shredded smoked cheese and curry, a medium fillet steak and baby mushrooms.

That's the job RG. I had a leftover roast beef dinner for brunch. No gravy this time. I had pepper sauce instead. Ms G had chicken and chips in a basket. I've made a Thai red chicken curry. Mrs G has had her portion with rice and chips and informs me it was great. I always add some scotch bonnet for extra heat. It reheats great too. Looking forward to mine later. It's Monday night. I have 3 large bottles of Frank's lager in the fridge. Will I or won't I. that is the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Beefy, creamy noodles *nom, nom, nom* I'm addicted! :eek:

That's the job RG. I had a leftover roast beef dinner for brunch. No gravy this time. I had pepper sauce instead. Ms G had chicken and chips in a basket. I've made a Thai red chicken curry. Mrs G has had her portion with rice and chips and informs me it was great. I always add some scotch bonnet for extra heat. It reheats great too. Looking forward to mine later. It's Monday night. I have 3 large bottles of Frank's lager in the fridge. Will I or won't I. that is the question?

Do it man.

Do it man.

Doing it.:D

Thinking of making beef stew in a slow cooker... If only I could be sure I wouldn't ruin the whole thing :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Thai green curry. I know it's Tuesday but, I'm going to have some wine too. Shush!!!!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Thinking of making beef stew in a slow cooker... If only I could be sure I wouldn't ruin the whole thing :/

And how would you ruin it? What ingredients do you have? I'll talk you through it.

Thai green curry. I know it's Tuesday but, I'm going to have some wine too. Shush!!!!

It's Wednesday :)

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    It's Wednesday :)

Ha Ha! (and I haven't even opened the wine yet!)

And how would you ruin it? What ingredients do you have? I'll talk you through it.

I always ruin it! Just want it to taste like beef stew, not wallpaper paste. Also, this is my first attempt in slow cooker - the thing is still in the box.

I have potatoes, onion, thin sliced frozen beef (is all), baby carrots, powdered beef base (which oddly doesn't improve the flavour), worcester (or however you spell it), frozen peas, minced garlic (in oil), and dried herbs... Not sure what else goes in stew. Have frozen celery, but its flavour permeates everything after freezing - cringe. I have tomato paste, but never understood it in brothy soup.

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated, Grandeeod. :) Thank you!
    ... :( Is there any hope for my stew?

I always ruin it! Just want it to taste like beef stew, not wallpaper paste. Also, this is my first attempt in slow cooker - the thing is still in the box.

I have potatoes, onion, thin sliced frozen beef (is all), baby carrots, powdered beef base (which oddly doesn't improve the flavour), worcester (or however you spell it), frozen peas, minced garlic (in oil), and dried herbs... Not sure what else goes in stew. Have frozen celery, but its flavour permeates everything after freezing - cringe. I have tomato paste, but never understood it in brothy soup.

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated, Grandeeod. :) Thank you!
    ... :( Is there any hope for my stew?

Step one DB. Take the Slow Cooker out of the feckin box! Have you any beef stock cubes? And thinly sliced beef won't really give the wow factor to it. Big chunks is usually the way to go.

Step one DB. Take the Slow Cooker out of the feckin box! Have you any beef stock cubes? And thinly sliced beef won't really give the wow factor to it. Big chunks is usually the way to go.

It's a pretty red one :p looks very nice in the box. ....Ok, fiiiiiinne :pac:
    No, but I have some of that beef base powder (I thought was similar :eek: I may be wrong).
    Ok, good to know for future - chunks be best. A wow factor is never possible, a "this is tolerable" flavour would be nice if ever I could acheive even that!

Here goes DB.

1. Finely chop the onions and fry up in a pot in some oil on a low heat until the onion starts to soften. 3 or 4 minutes.

2. While that's going on mix your beef base powder with some water 200ml in a jug and set aside.

3. Add your chopped carrots and peas to the pot with a squeeze of tomato puree and a few splashes of worcestshire sauce and a few sprinkles of the dried herbs. Cook on that same low heat for another 3 or 4 minutes. Remember to stir.:D

4. Add the beef powder mixture with another 400ml of water to the pot and stir in.

5. Pour all the pot contents into your slow cooker.

6. Clean that pot, Add a little veg oil and brown your beef for a few minutes. As your using thin pieces, it won't take long over a low to medium heat.

7. Add the beef to the slow cooker and as your beef is thin cook on high for 2 hours.

I've never used beef powder before so not sure of the thickness/consistency. Best of luck.

Ah thank you greatly Chef G, very very kind!
    I have never made it like that, so results will be much improved with your instructions! :D

giphy.gif

Thanks Chef!

• Advertisement

Ah thank you greatly Chef G, very very kind!
    I have never made it like that, so results will be much improved with your instructions! :D

giphy.gif

Thanks Chef!

Ah Jaysus DB, that's pressure! Hope it works out for you. Take your time with the prep and once its in the slow cooker, you should be grand.

Stay safe!.

Ah Jaysus DB, that's pressure! Hope it works out for you. Take your time with the prep and once its in the slow cooker, you should be grand.

Stay safe!.
    Nah, anything will be better than how I make things! And you're the tops so!
    Will do, thanks for all your thoughtfulness!
    ...you do the same chef - stay safe.

Having a Teddy Bears' picnic in the garden - nothing fancy to eat but lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭VW 1

BBQ with steak, sausages, sweetcorn and mushroom and onion cooked with garlic.

Any feedback on how the stew went?

VW 1 wrote: »
    BBQ with steak, sausages, sweetcorn and mushroom and onion cooked with garlic.

Any feedback on how the stew went?

If it didn't work, I may leave Boards.:eek:

If it didn't work, I may leave Boards.:eek:
    after you made me take that thing outta the box, :eek: you sure as heyull better not leave boards! :P

The stewmaking efforts got waylaid :o

Will definitely let ya know, but I already know will be better than any stew I ever tried before! :D

• Advertisement

Bag of cheese and onion Okey Dokey's, Moser Roth milk chocolate and a cold can of Molson.

God bless Aldi and the staff who work there.

Bag of cheese and onion Okey Dokey's, Moser Roth milk chocolate and a cold can of Molson.

God bless Aldi and the staff who work there.

On the Molson here too. A tenner for 8 cans. Stocked until next week.

A big shout out to all the shop staff everywhere. Getting ignored over the hero health care staff. All hero's. I feel like a wanker at home, but apparently it's the right thing to do and I'm doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Had spaghetti carbonara but substituted the bacon for hot smoked salmon, so tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Peanut m&m’s

Battered cod out of the oven, real chips, peas and curry. Better than any chipper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Smoked haddock in a fish sauce for dinner

Coffee & brownies (note the plural)

A big beefy Lasagne with coleslaw, lettuce and chips.:D A few beers too.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Graces7 wrote: »
    Guess what! Yep chicken soup. Is all I can eat . Ah well! also all but ran out of chocolate so no help there.

I hope you're feeling better Grace? Haven't seen any post from you in a while. Post and let us know how you are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Torrijas ... Think posh french toast ... Soak pieces stale bread in sweet flavoured milk ,then egg, fry it ,roll it in sugar and let it cool ...
    A bit like bread and butter pudding, fried ....
    I've just eaten a huge plateful ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

A roast Chicken, mash, roasted parsnip/carrot/baby potatoes and gravy. Even have some left over for brunch tomorrow.

A beer.

There's a leg from one of our lambs in the oven and the mother in law is after making an apple tart "to earn her keep" that's in there too.

Big nosh up will be ready for 6, in the meantime I'm enjoying a glass of red to rehydrate after my sauna and shower.

Happy Easter to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Glass of Baileys

Just made a Chinese takeaway style chicken curry with added scotch bonnet for heat. Egg fried rice for the mix. They curry is in a plastic container and the rice is in a foil container. Later I will convince myself it was delivered and I had nothing to do with its prep.:D

It's a bank holiday Monday and tomorrow is no different for many of us, no blues, but not much beer in either so I'll finish what I have.:D

Yesterday was leg of lamb done in the slow cooker with red wine and veg in with it to make the gravy/sauce.

Today was a tagliatelle bolognese with the lamb sauce used as a base, along with fresh tomatoes from the father in law.

I've really enjoyed the cooking side of this lockdown, taking a couple of hours to make a meal that I would normally take 20 mins to throw together after work.

• Advertisement

Midnight dinner.

Baked beans on pancetta on toast.

IMG-20200413-234752.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Currently crunching on a granola bar and enjoying a hot coffee. Wish it was in bed instead of at my desk but hey ho.

Chicken Marylands. Mash. Corn on the cob. Chicken gravy on the side.

I've restocked the beer supply.:D

Had lamb curry with chips, which was left over from the lamb curry which was had with rice yesterday, which was made with the leftovers from the roast leg of lamb on Easter Sunday.

Truth be told it was a Hogget and not a lamb, but they are a lot more flavoursome and just as tender when reared organically.

Nice cold pint of Guinness now and it still looks like a summers day outside with the sun blazing down.

I have (and without any shame) stolen a chunky Kit Kat from one of my daughters Easter Eggs. She gets enough anyway. Twas nice enough. I have also ripped off a piece of the egg that came with it and stashed it away, just in case I need it mid morning tomorrow with a glass of milk. Ya can't have all these Easter Eggs hanging around the place and not expect to get robbed!:D

Lunch today was a lovely tuna salad with loads and loads of fresh rocket leaves.

Dinner was chicken breast cut into strips and marinaded in soy, tomato ketchup and honey, and cooked on the BBQ. Asparagus done on the BBQ also, with airfryer chips.

I have (and without any shame) stolen a chunky Kit Kat from one of my daughters Easter Eggs. She gets enough anyway. Twas nice enough. I have also ripped off a piece of the egg that came with it and stashed it away, just in case I need it mid morning tomorrow with a glass of milk. Ya can't have all these Easter Eggs hanging around the place and not expect to get robbed!:D

Thug life bro.

Keepin' it real in the fam, innit?

Thug life bro.

Keepin' it real in the fam, innit?

Fcukin' A RG!

Gonna cook, eat and drink my way outta this crap, if I can.:D

Fcukin' A RG!

Gonna cook, eat and drink my way outta this crap, if I can.:D

I can see it now...

giphy.gif?cid=e1bb72ff5b2b93f53931657a6fd630e7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dohouch

Honouring something I saw on the tele
    anOxr51BGzNjYxzT9U8QidjnYKmr9tC3cTDfxMg-f6O9VMDS_UtNxdw53g7zEBIzsXNWN3chpr9j7I60gDGpVnLHcXfe_VuaFt8Vt-H-qBQq2R7W-gKom-uwSEc0KDd8Ikw8fC0NYA3p9jthrziDia1xNFrKfBTQ6Le6MEiiJyICqUhhXXzn6crQsI731Gsubexe3qsOUZXubvd8Ti6epr1qPEt7rlxwPW9m20x45aGa1u29xBNnojcuIFv7RtrzHf-5LpYVMkt4h6Kz6VKHPcCHXupSx8g_uFVSnwmUicBW3_RPiIEfoflbsfALP0S4vfOICroru2fsgX9sxCkEABUMbKBAla0b5Qd-tW3h7ytOhVaAhYnJtnVPtG4lAGz027Va12BdaVAYJqA0A5YJZ27FOhwwKD0EGQGNns8JzHD6o-Oky63yCqe5HdZ70Zc2Thox3NhutNMzIsGGdjo73TifVZk8rgFSUowMncgGEQbKv-CwQNisgWY_0HdKUk5-RmcbBIloy1KB_8zCvrNG-tarEf83mEJc9WLfwW8ikE2WL3FGXsSec9EKA34POxY_mhNEgYgqwXEdcAlmmDUl_97UBpbNFhgwTsiRcUUO4EHdxW6EFr_QMopKBubm83vpuTrS636QPbYR39DI6DtZYauxljnRg7oajUU9nBdyIRLFFFtadAXNhCzeYnkp=w1238-h928-no

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Advertisement