Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts (T120+ onwards) Summer/ Autumn 2018 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Don't have the charts here but ECM 12z is properly cooler and more unsettled for the weekend into early next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The fact it changed so quickly suggests that the models don't know their arses from their elbows right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Summer ain't done yet ;)
    viewimage.pbx?type=ens;date=20180725;time=00;ext=006;file=t850Dublin;sess=11cfdb8992eed491791e9e2bf4a16c12;

• Registered Users Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭pauldry

I dont believe so either.

Id say the weather will be fair until September and even hot at times with just short wet periods

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Villain wrote: »
    Summer ain't done yet ;)
    viewimage.pbx?type=ens;date=20180725;time=00;ext=006;file=t850Dublin;sess=11cfdb8992eed491791e9e2bf4a16c12;

Sadly won't load for me Villain!

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Sadly won't load for me Villain!

It was (doesn't load for me either now) the GFS 0z ensembles from Netweather and they showed it staying largely warm for the most part into August with only short cooler interludes like the coming weekend.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It was (doesn't load for me either now) the GFS 0z ensembles from Netweather and they showed it staying largely warm for the most part into August with only short cooler interludes like the coming weekend.

Eh well don't worry, the 12Z is quite good too, from the 2nd of August onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Doh should have uploaded image some where, summary in my last tweet:
    https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1022084997497454592

GFS upgraded from 2nd Aug bringing Scandi High down over us.

A long way off yet but warm weather quite likely still after a few days rain

GFS 12z 850hPa temperature charts.

jFW6GV2.gif

• Advertisement

GFS 12z ensembles for Dublin looking really warm to hot for early August, an unanimous amount of support here! The ensemble mean gets close to 15c at 850hPa.....

e9gsT5B.png

Cork's ones are similar.

QgsQTkd.png

High on latest GFS more retrogressive as a low FINALLY hits Scandanavia.

Still all pie in the sky

Next run might bring heat back

pauldry wrote: »
    High on latest GFS more retrogressive as a low FINALLY hits Scandanavia.

Still all pie in the sky

Next run might bring heat back

It indeed has, it goes off on one if I'm completely honest :pac:.

vd3l2uK.gif

When the GFS shows temperatures of 29c over Ireland you know it would be a hot verification!

When the GFS shows temperatures of 29c over Ireland you know it would be a hot verification!

It shows 37c for England on 8th August but on its 12z run yesterday, barely reaching 20c in a northerly wind for that exact day.

It shows 37c for England on 8th August but on its 12z run yesterday, barely reaching 20c in a northerly wind for that exact day.

Never said it was likely to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭squarecircles

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭squarecircles

[IMG][/img]fuaxck.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

[IMG][/img]fuaxck.jpg

Now that's just dangerous heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

When is that predicted for Spain and Portugal? Flying to Portugal on the 12th of Aug.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    When is that predicted for Spain and Portugal? Flying to Portugal on the 12th of Aug.

that's predicted for next week. Temperatures for most of Spain look normal enough, high 20s to low 30's near the south and east coasts, where most people spend their holidays.

It's really the western inland part of Spain near Seville where extreme heat will be felt, but even there temperatures of 40C are fairly regular during July and August.

the coasts of Portugal look similar to the coasts of Spain, high 20s to low 30s, it's only inland where the extreme heat kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Oh right. Thanks gonzo. I don't the heat so I'll deal with it if it's really hot when we are there. Was there 3 years ago at the end of June and temps were in the the low 40s. It's usually in the mid 30s when we are there anyway. Lovely weather for sitting around doing nothing.

GFS 12z is high pressure mania after mid-week next week. Expect a lot more flip flops of this until we get closer to the expected period of time which should be around the first weekend of August.

tempresult_pdr9.gif

KMHakJo.gif

Don't have charts but ECM 12z is settled for the first week of August. However, the heat is less extreme than the GFS. Deep low attempts to push eastwards near mid-week next week but gets put off by the anticyclones.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Luke-m

Don't have charts but ECM 12z is settled for the first week of August. However, the heat is less extreme than the GFS. Deep low attempts to push eastwards near mid-week next week but gets put off by the anticyclones.

Agree, the op doesn’t quite build the heat. But the mean is more different. It’s warmer. I think it’s a case of more runs needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Definitely signs that high pressure will be building in again from Wednesday. Don't get caught up on the details yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Definitely signs that high pressure will be building in again from Wednesday. Don't get caught up on the details yet though...

That will do nicely

The garden will go crazy !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

To note, no amount of rain this week is going to make up for the losses so far this year. So if a block like this occurs we could be heading for issues.

J180-21.GIF?26-12

Not a very nice 00Z GFS run at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭White Clover

Not a very nice 00Z GFS run at all.

What is it indicating? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement