Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

What was St Patrick's parade like this year?

Anyone any photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

Hi all
    Would you mind filling in this short survey as part of my college research, which is in relation to the Winterval Festival in Waterford to see if there would be a demand for a Toy Show event.
    Thanks

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/85B7SQS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Some director doing locations in Waterford today for an upcoming big budget movie anybody know what it is or might be :confused:
    Doing locations in #Waterford & I see this awesome statue of a true, #Irish #hero, Thomas Francis Meagher... love it.

https://twitter.com/markmahon/status/463709409403994112

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Some director doing locations in Waterford today for an upcoming big budget movie anybody know what it is or might be :confused:

https://twitter.com/markmahon/status/463709409403994112

I wouldn't believe much of what he says, in the last few years he's claimed to be making a film about the famine starring Colin Farrell and a Brian Boru film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Now he's saying it's a film with Thomas Francis Meagher as one of the leading characters. I'd be doubtful it'll ever happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Creamsoda wrote: »
    I wouldn't believe much of what he says, in the last few years he's claimed to be making a film about the famine starring Colin Farrell and a Brian Boru film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Now he's saying it's a film with Thomas Francis Meagher as one of the leading characters. I'd be doubtful it'll ever happen.

Maybe it's the same blockbuster, Leo might win an Oscar this time......:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Creamsoda wrote: »

Maybe it's the same blockbuster, Leo might win an Oscar this time......:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Lads I don't even know where to begin with this one. I'm lookin to learn to dance. I can see everywhere salsa and zumba classes but what I'm lookin for is, I don't know, social dancing?
    like how they danced in clover.
    I'd be a complete novice, but I'm fed up going to things and watching everybody else dance and feel a bit stupid too.
    would anybody know of anybody willing to teach someone or if there are Waltz jive lessons in Waterford or near? One to one or classes I could join?
    :( prob should add I'm a female.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Mike65 closed his account today. An excellent contributor to Boards, especially the Waterford City and Soccer Forums. Also has the highest amounts of posts on Boards I think, as things stand he has 90,093 to his name. Sad to see him go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Geoffs have nailed a lawn to their frontage! When did that go up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Geoffs have nailed a lawn to their frontage! When did that go up?

About two years ago the main building was done, they are just finishing an extension to the right of the building , haven't seen it lately maybe they covered this recently.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Distance between ferrybank, kilkenny and cherrymount is 80.66 km. Travel time from ferrybank, kilkenny and cherrymount is 73 Minutes.

From the bottom of that page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Any sign of the pizza blaa in Winterval this year, I havent seen it in any stalls yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Any sign of the pizza blaa in Winterval this year, I havent seen it in any stalls yet?

Been meaning to ask this myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

http://www.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/

get on and vote for Stephanie Roche...legend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

Does anyone know that busker always in town with the baseball cap? Can ya please tell him to stop playing Wagon Wheel? :pac: . Everytime i walk past hes playing it. I walked past him walking up to Dunnes today, got and ate a roll, walked back down and he was playing it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I got 4 rescued ex-battery hens today. Hopefully after a couple of weeks of good feeding, fresh air and sunshine they'll be thriving and enjoying life. At least they've been spared being slaughtered later this week.

Today was their first day outdoors and tasting grass. They're very nervous though and I'm keeping them away from my existing hens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I'd love to keep a couple of hens. It's one of those things I'm often saying I'll look into. Beekeeping too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just seen about 10 people sitting on deck chairs outside centra on johns street queuing for one direction tickets i guess which are on sale tomorrow morning!! :eek::eek:

Wow, some brilliant sunset out there lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Waterford Man on Coin.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/central-bank-launch-commemorative-ernest-walton-coin-1.2064214

A new commemorative coin which was first awarded to BT Young Scientist category winners last week has been released for general sale by the Central Bank.
    The Ernest Walton coin is being issued in recognition of Ireland’s only Nobel Laureate for science.
    The first coin of the new mint was presented to Jonathan Rainey and Patrick Dougan from Ballyclare High School in Antrim.
    They were winners of the eponymously-named Central Bank Ernest Walton Award at the exhibition last Friday, which is presented to the physics project which best illustrates innovative techniques and the use of data.
    The limited edition silver proof coin has an issue limit of 6,000 units, and will be available to collectors on the Central Bank website from today.
    Designed by Irish artist Rory Breslin, it depicts the manoeuvres of Walton’s famous experiment, and the resulting explanation of Einstein’s famous mass/energy equivalence equation, E=mc2. The coin will retail at a price of € 44.
    Walton shared the 1951 Nobel Prize in Physics with colleague John Douglas Cockcroft as a result of a pioneering experiment where they split a lithium atom using accelerated protons, which informed their critical findings on Einstein’s theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

http://www.thejournal.ie/news-fix-saturday-15-1913931-Jan2015/

Jeasusss tawdy isnt dead at all shor look at him in that pic

• Registered Users Posts: 37,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the woodman is not open late thursdays and sundays anymore

I went there to watch the superbowl last night but it was closing

Fire tender slowly wandering around Cherrymount/Kilcohan Park area. No siren but lights a flashing. Over odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stewiegriffin!

Hi guys i im looking for advice on where to rent in waterford city ..can someone link me to the right forum? (wanna know places to avoid and places that are best suited for a couple).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

LÉ Aoife is going to be gifted to the Maltese. A missed opportunity.

LOCAL HISTORIANS HAVE hit out at plans to demolish a Waterford ring fort that dates back over 5,000 years.
    US firm West Pharmaceutical Services began building a manufacturing plant on the Knockhouse site earlier this week.
    The tri-vallate ring fort will be cleared during the second phase of the development, which the company says will deliver about 150 new jobs once the factory is opened in 2018.

I think they are doing the right thing by thoroughly excavating the site and then building over it.

If there was anyway to save it, I'd be all for it. Maybe they could locate the factory somewhere else in Waterford but I'm sure it's not as straight forward as that.

http://www.thejournal.ie/waterford-knockhouse-ring-fort-west-pharmaceutical-2228226-Jul2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I think they are doing the right thing by thoroughly excavating the site and then building over it.

If there was anyway to save it, I'd be all for it. Maybe they could locate the factory somewhere else in Waterford but I'm sure it's not as straight forward as that.

http://www.thejournal.ie/waterford-knockhouse-ring-fort-west-pharmaceutical-2228226-Jul2015/

i wonder is it possible to integrate it into the building? i am annoyed at previous developments that could have been conducted better in this town regarding such issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Anyone ever read the "Well" supplement with the News and Star? Where the hell do they get the "stars" of page 3 from. The way their lives are presented its as if they are major celebrities or something, they are run of the mill ordinary people and should be described as such.

On that note, does Jim Nolan ever ever smile in any of his photos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

On that note, does Jim Nolan ever ever smile in any of his photos?

yup

Advertisement