Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

On my last holiday they put carrots on my pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Yester wrote: »
    On my last holiday they put carrots on my pizza.

Cheap or what.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Gotham Pizzeria (Stillorgan and Sth Anne St Dublin) do a pizza called the Little Italy which contains "Bacon and spring onion, baby roast potato, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil pesto"
    It is an absolutely gorgeous pizza!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Doesnt matter what you throw on it, American pizza's are garbage.

Italian is where it is at.

inforfun wrote: »
    Doesnt matter what you throw on it, American pizza's are garbage.

Italian is where it is at.

Reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago, US Navy ship arrives in an Italian port, sailors run off on shore leave.
    One guy runs back and shouts "guess what! They sell pizza here!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

Reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago, US Navy ship arrives in an Italian port, sailors run off on shore leave.

Yeah, Was once asked in the US if we have Halloween in Ireland.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

I really want that to be true because it panders to all my prejudices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

beertons wrote: »
    I feel like I've had a stroke trying to comprehend that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I feel like I've had a stroke trying to comprehend that.

It's not that hard :confused:

Dylan's dad came onto mark his potential future son in law in a game.
    Age not being a factor in who lines out.

GBX wrote: »
    Sure, it would've made sense if I knew what a junior B was beforehand. I initially thought it had something to do with marking the junior cert and corporal punishment :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Even in a junior game?

Dylan's dad came onto mark his potential future son in law in a game.

Too Americanese to travel, most people wouldn't get it.
    I'm not American and didn't get it either.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mark? Lines out?

Translate please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

New Home wrote: »
    Mark? Lines out?

Translate please.

Mark in a game - cover the opponent. Defend against a particular player.
    Line out - start the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Victor wrote: »
    Even in a junior game?

Junior refers to the grade of play, not age. GAA = Senior, Intermediate, Junior A, Junior B, etc.

Junior B (also affectionately known as the Junior Bellies) can be a combination of young lads on the way up, auld lads on the way down and other assorted player types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

dulpit wrote: »
    Junior refers to the grade of play, not age. GAA = Senior, Intermediate, Junior A, Junior B, etc.

Junior B (also affectionately known as the Junior Bellies) can be a combination of young lads on the way up, auld lads on the way down and other assorted player types.

ah the lads that use 'I'll educate ya!' as a threat
    and where the fast lads get faster or they'll loose their ankles

Here's a good explanation of American ball games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

What was the Enniskerry team photo that was taken down. I didn't get it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

stesaurus wrote: »
    What was the Enniskerry team photo that was taken down. I didn't get it

Didn't get a joke either. From what I could see it was just a pic of a group of kids in wheelchairs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

It was a reference to the 9 guys falling off the lorry in the town over the weekend celebrating their county win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Didn't get a joke either. From what I could see it was just a pic of a group of kids in wheelchairs

You don't want to get the joke. There's a video going around of about 8 people falling 10ft to the ground from a trailer. They were celebrating Enniskerry winning a Junior B cup. The video I saw isn't an easy watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You don't want to get the joke. There's a video going around of about 8 people falling 10ft to the ground from a trailer. They were celebrating Enniskerry winning a Junior B cup. The video I saw isn't an easy watch.

There are three videos doing the rounds on whatsapp that I saw (probably a lot more). The one directly at the back of the bus is f**king horrible, thankfully they are all okay - no serious injuries or head injuries etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Suckit wrote: »
    There are three videos doing the rounds on whatsapp that I saw (probably a lot more). The one directly at the back of the bus is f**king horrible, thankfully they are all okay - no serious injuries or head injuries etc.

That's the one I'm talking about. You see one person landing on their head and neck. Horrible.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They were talking about it at work today, didn't loads of them have to have surgery? I wouldn't call that not having serious injuries...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Compared to what they could have had, certainly none of them can be said to have serious injuries.

You would expect one or two "life changing" injuries from that, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Update on that Junior B story - the father score a point on the daughter's boyfriend: https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/1014/1083341-51-year-old-scores-point-on-teenage-daughters-fella/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

beertons wrote: »
    That's disgusting! The size of those black bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hmmm what's with the name change?

Twas
    So Vegan I forgot to laugh

And now its
    So vegan I forgot to Lunch
    ???

Did I miss something?

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »

Twas

And now its

???

Did I miss something?

When your a moderator or admin you get to annoy the people who regularly read and post in a thread by messing around trying to be funny.

Ha h.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm not sure what's the funniest, the idea of the gadget, or the warning label!

It's not a wireless seatbelt, it's a clip to stop the seatblt alarm.
    Your photo is potato quality, so hard to read. But the full warning label says;

61yuErfuDjL._SL1001_.jpg

So a safety override feature, great, something to give to someone you don't mind losing.

So a safety override feature, great, something to give to someone you don't mind losing.
    It's presumably to people who need to carry objects on the seat regularly. hense the warning. I'm not sure why you'd be giving it to anyone, pretty crap present.

Mellor wrote: »
    It's presumably to people who need to carry objects on the seat regularly. hense the warning. I'm not sure why you'd be giving it to anyone.
    If the object is big enough to trigger the seat sensor, it should be restrained, otherwise it becomes a liability when going around corners, etc. and missile in the event of a collision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭josip

Had a friend who had a faulty sensor and was using one of these when the passenger seat was empty

• Advertisement

Over the months, I kept misreading the title, so I suggested to New Home that it be changed. It seems it took thousands of users 36 hours to notice. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I noticed that it was changed a couple of days ago- I just assumed it was some mod in-joke that I wasn't privy to.

If the object is big enough to trigger the seat sensor, it should be restrained, otherwise it becomes a liability when going around corners, etc. and missile in the event of a collision.
    I'm not suggesting it's a good idea, i'm explaining what it used for.

Personally, I don;t think restraining random obejects with seatbelts is safe either. If it's heavy enough to set off the sensor it should be on the floor in the back or in the boot, depending on the object.

Over the months, I kept misreading the title, so I suggested to New Home that it be changed. It seems it took thousands of users 36 hours to notice. :)

Noticed it straight off I reckon - as hadn't been on the thread. Do I get the prize for spotting it ;)

Anyways I don't get it tbh. Was it not tabnabs who suggested the original version? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭wally79

I don’t understand why you would misread laugh as lunch

I forgot to lunch doesn’t really make sense

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

wally79 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why you would misread laugh as lunch

I forgot to lunch doesn’t really make sense

It does if you use the words to lunch as a verb as in 'I lunched with Charlize Theron on Thursday'.

Re: the safety belt thing, some people do get exemptions - if you have a medical reason not to be wearing one (for instance, people with a pacemaker/defibrillator installed and a medical cert to prove that they'd be at risk from wearing a safety belt), then you can safely use one of those.

I have been meaning to get that annoying seatbelt bell disconnected for a while.

then you can safely use one of those.
    Unfortunate choice of words.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It does if you use the words to lunch as a verb as in 'I lunched with Charlize Theron on Thursday'.

Erm? But why the change from the original poll result - I dont believe there was any mass confusion tbh..

Anyway 'lunch' still doesn't make much sense. But hey them a lot of stuff hereabouts might be like that!

Re: the safety belt thing, some people do get exemptions - if you have a medical reason not to be wearing one (for instance, people with a pacemaker/defibrillator installed and a medical cert to prove that they'd be at risk from wearing a safety belt), then you can safely use one of those.

Also my friend had to use one when her dog was in the car. He had his own seatbelt attached to his harness of course but there's still enough freedom of movement that he could move to the next seat and set off the alarm.

Erm? But why the change from the original poll result - I dont believe there was any mass confusion tbh..

Anyway 'lunch' still doesn't make much sense. But hey them a lot of stuff hereabouts might be like that!

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/lunch#

Yes thank you - I do understand the word lunch ;). In context of the title though the change still makes no sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

giphy.gif?cid=790b761103eb1f48e186265b9f606b2169e2ef68762fb0cf&rid=giphy.gif

It makes as much sense as before. One verb was swapped for another. That is all. I don't get what you don't get. Don't mean this in a polemic way, I really don't understand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement