Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

• 02-11-2011 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

This is a catch all thread for all Dota 2 general discussion.

For anyone who will be trying , hoping to get access to the limited Beta, try the below.
    Once you’ve read today’s part, make sure you fill out the Dota 2 Survey in Steam to secure your place in the upcoming invitations (if you haven’t restarted your Steam client for a few days, you might need to do that before clicking that link). The extra data the survey provides will allow us to ensure we invite a wide spread of players and hardware.

[URL="steam://takesurvey/1/"]steam://takesurvey/1/[/URL]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

boom boom in da room

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

I got the email, and took the survey... gibe first round plx !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I think i overstated my skill and average kill/death ratio to the point where it is not believable

I was pretty accurate with my badness

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

whoops i didnt see this and made my own thread ahhhh.

i signed up, hopefully some of us will win and share with everybody! :D
    It's great from what I can see, have played a few games of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

actually gonna play a game now and i notice the 'top live matches' feature, it's deadly, shows player names, what hero they are and how many towers are alive on each side.

other games may have this but ive not seen it.

what hero should i be :p

Tar you got in already ???? when ?? Gibe Beta key plx Huehuehuehuehue

nah im not in, an administrator of a dota2 site is letting me play a game or three on his account. I've been SK and tide so far :)

takes forever to find a game, as so few people have teh beta....this game has been searching for 8 minutes so far, longest yet!

Don't troll me like that Tar its not nice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

You can watch people playing streams too if you're suitably bored. There's a few commentators on it too past few months. www.solomid.net/livestream.php?s=37904#90645:joinDOTA
    is one (may not be live right now, pick out other dota streams as opposed to the League of Legends streams on the right).

• Advertisement

I normally watch the Sunsfan and Xenocide ( GHLF ) stream, as they also streamed in HoN.

http://streamdota2.com/ When they are broadcasting they are there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I was honest in that I'd never played DOTA 1, Skill level 0 , hopefully they'll let me in as a noob :P as they're looking for a wide range of testers

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I was honest in that I'd never played DOTA 1, Skill level 0 , hopefully they'll let me in as a noob :P as they're looking for a wide range of testers

True that, I am sure the testing they got done over the last month was mostly the pro's they gave keys to test with, and staff / friends of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I took it but it assumed I had actually played Dota before. I've only ever played one game and I don't remember what hero I played as so I couldn't answer any of the questions in the second part. Do they not want new players in the beta? You'd think that'd be important feedback.

ríomhaire wrote: »
    I took it but it assumed I had actually played Dota before. I've only ever played one game and I don't remember what hero I played as so I couldn't answer any of the questions in the second part. Do they not want new players in the beta? You'd think that'd be important feedback.

Im sure they want all sorts.

Tar does your mate have any idea when they will be sending out the first set of invites ?

no idea just knows what they said in the next week or so. but who knows with valve.

First Batch sent out no luck on my end :*(

didnt get any either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Got one here! Woo.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Got one here! Woo.
    so I hear you have 2 spare keys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Got one here! Woo.

Hello sir, got any spare keys? :D

seyeM wrote: »
    Got one here! Woo.

Hello sir, got any spare keys? :D
    And so the queue forms :D

Shall we form an orderly queue ? I wants one !

Can you see how many people are online mate ?

Give me a key and i'll carry you to glory !

Actually !

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling.png

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Actually !

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling.png
    Ha. Does show how many I think, not sure

No keys, sorry. Gave them to a couple of mates and I've a few more promised if I get any more.

Yeah it shows how many are online, about 800ish or so but only around 30 people queueing in Europe, about the same in NA.

Wow they must of Given out very few in the first round, may I ask what your survey was like ?

Heard rumors alot of people with old ****ty comps got an invite to test how it runs on older rigs .... is that true ?? xD if so dam my awesome computer to hell !

• Advertisement

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Wow they must of Given out very few in the first round, may I ask what your survey was like ?

Heard rumors alot of people with old ****ty comps got an invite to test how it runs on older rigs .... is that true ?? xD if so dam my awesome computer to hell !

i5 2500k and Radeon HD6870 here, so not that ****ty no. :pac:

I doubt the survey mattered much, but said I had 500+ hours and games of DotA played, 100 heroes played, 50~ hours of other of those types of games, and answered the item and gold questions as best I could but I could've been way off. Had Lich, Lycan, AM, Pudge, and CM as 5 favourite heroes.

Advertisement