Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus 9/pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

blade1 wrote: »
    Did you see the special edition droid one?

I did. its kind of cool, but perhaps I am not brave enough to pull it out in a business meeting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I did. its kind of cool, but perhaps I am not brave enough to pull it out in a business meeting :)

Do it!
    Show them u ain't taking sh*t from no one! :pac:

Has OnePlus customer's details been compromised again I wonder????
    Received what I assume is fake email claiming to be from DHL saying my package is stopped at customs and I need to pay to release it.
    Never had one of them before and surely too much of a coincidence to get one same time as DHL are delivering to me, no??

Has OnePlus customer's details been compromised again I wonder????
    Received what I assume is fake email claiming to be from DHL saying my package is stopped at customs and I need to pay to release it.
    Never had one of them before and surely too much of a coincidence to get one same time as DHL are delivering to me, no??

A better attempt :) beware of the Boy who cried wolf :)

A better attempt :) beware of the Boy who cried wolf :)

Actually serious this time :o

Screenshot-20210401-224346.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭JamBur

The grammar in that is highly suspicious alright

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Two, off, and that full stop. Looks really suspicious

Probably coincidence. Always amazes me how scammers aren't arsed to use spell check.

Next hurdle is DHL.
    They can never deliver anything to me without hassle.
    Takes 3 or days of ringing them explaining where I live.
    I can only hope they have improved.
    Worst ever was they lost a mountain bike I had ordered and when a replacement was sent out it took a month for them to deliver.
    Watching tracking every day, it was going to Cork then back up the country somewhere, then to Waterford then back up the country.
    This went on for a month with me ringing them almost every day.

Just got my email, due Tuesday.

• Advertisement

I'm posting this from my op9 pro. It feels so much snappier then my op6, and I would never have considered that slow.

I ordered directly from OnePlus, it was delivered this morning

JamBur wrote: »
    I'm posting this from my op9 pro. It feels so much snappier then my op6, and I would never have considered that slow.

I ordered directly from OnePlus, it was delivered this morning

Pics or didn't happen :D

Pics or didn't happen :D

DHL left it sitting outside the front door. Didn't even ring the bell

Seemingly it left Poland yesterday, amazing it arrived today

DHL left it sitting outside the front door. Didn't even ring the bell

Seemingly it left Poland yesterday, amazing it arrived today

Sweet!
    I can only pray they leave it at my door.:o

First impressions

Fast but a bit buggy. Have seen a few apps hang. Android auto set up ok with my wife's audi, but problematic with my VW. Had to enable usb debugging and change the default usb connection setting.

Nothing major, and would expect to see these things ironed out as updates are released.

First impressions

Fast but a bit buggy. Have seen a few apps hang. Android auto set up ok with my wife's audi, but problematic with my VW. Had to enable usb debugging and change the default usb connection setting.

Nothing major, and would expect to see these things ironed out as updates are released.

Yeah usually quick to release an update on their new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I was pushed a 2nd update since Wednesday yesterday. I'm enjoying the new battery coming from the old one on the OP6. Getting over 24 hours usage on a day yesterday that included almost 4 hours of screen time. Also enjoying the wireless charging as by the end of the OP6 life it was a bit fiddly to get it charging on the usb connection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

How are people finding the camera, currently on op7pro but reviews don't seem to be hyping the new cam?

Mine says delivery on Wednesday 7th.
    I went on the DHL website and changed the delivery address to the post office of my nearest town as I have no faith in DHL.

Mine says delivery on Wednesday 7th.
    I went on the DHL website and changed the delivery address to the post office of my nearest town as I have no faith in DHL.

:o
    Screenshot-20210406-182800.jpg

• Advertisement

Had mine delivered today but changed it to a locker. There were plenty of options for local Londis etc.

:o
    Screenshot-20210406-182800.jpg

I thought you were exaggerating, But DHL really do seem to have it in for you

I thought you were exaggerating, But DHL really do seem to have it in for you
    Rang them that time yesterday evening and they said it will get delivered to today.

This morning I get an email to contact DHL because of incorrect address.
    I ring at 9am.
    Gave the address again and girl.on phone says she updated details ( no change in details) and she contacted cork depot.
    I get off the phone and then get email saying updated delivery address.
    10 mins later I get another email saying contact DHL, incorrect address.ffs!
    It's the only p.o. in the town and on the main st.
    How hard is it to find at all.
    So DHL can't find my house and can't find the only p.o. in a town sized around 8000 population.

Absolute cretins!
    This is what I got today after two phonecalls to them.

Screenshot-20210407-094401.jpg

Sorry for turning this into to a delivery thread of my phone but this stuff beggars belief.
    Wonder where it off to now???
    Supposed to be delivered to county cork but now has left cork and has arrived in Dublin

Screenshot-20210408-023109.jpg

That's an absolute nightmare!

01902 wrote: »
    That's an absolute nightmare!

Just onto them there again on the phone and they can't explain why it's happening.
    Complaints manager is going to look into it apparently.

Just onto them there again on the phone and they can't explain why it's happening.
    Complaints manager is going to look into it apparently.

I don't understand how this can happen with the eircode system in place.... What a clusterfook!

Phone had a little staycation in Dublin for 2 days and has just arrived back in cork refreshed and revitalised according to girl on the phone.
    She said it should be with me on Monday

Anyone optimistic that it will be delivered?
    It may well be but I won't be one bit surprised if it doesn't turn up.

Screenshot-20210409-153531.jpg

Jaysus it got here today!

IMG-20210412-145854.jpg

• Advertisement

Jaysus it got here today!

IMG-20210412-145854.jpg

The saga has a happy ending. Hopefully it turns out to be worth the wait for you.

Advertisement