Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 9/pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

talkabout wrote: »
    I have the 6T and its time for a change but I'm not willing to pay for the 9. I see the 8 and 8T for about 420/570 on amazon. Is the 8T really worth the extra 150? Any advice?

This is just my opinion, I went from the 2 to the 6T. It felt like major upgrade. I don't think going for the 6T to the 8/8T would feel like much of an upgrade. Can't be much difference in specs. Next time I'm upgrading I would want wireless charging, I'm not sure the 8/8T have that. Going to wait and see what that 9t is like I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Same here. My Oneplus 7is stellar and absolutely love it no need to change even though I love tech :)

Same I find the 7 pro absolutely bang on and will hold it for yonks,what's not to like, great yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Same I find the 7 pro absolutely bang on and will hold it for yonks,what's not to like, great yoke

What's the camera like?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

What's the camera like?

Decent TBH,big phone with an amazing screen,look up the you tube reviews all good , considering it's age

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Are any of the mobile providers in Ireland getting this into stock?
    I have a one plus 7 pro that i bought from 3 2 years ago when it came out and am out of contract now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,142 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered the pine green pro 12g ram/256 g storage and free wireless charger.

€1019; €100 deposit.
    F*ck it, may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

Trying to get this this morning has turned into a right dose.

Could add earbuds to order so had to buy them separately and pay 20 extra shipping.

Then the shipping address came up as some weird looking thing that wasn't even an address.
    Though I better cancel my orders as I didn't know where they be sent.

Got refunded through PayPal.
    Now when I try to re order, I go into my order where it says pay balance (100 deposit paid last week), when I click on pay it says "order closed".
    On to live chat with 3 hours and they are useless.
    Saying they can't do anything from where they are.

Screenshot-20210329-132254.jpg

Screenshot-20210329-132326.jpg

Android Authority: OnePlus 9 vs older OnePlus phones: Should you upgrade?.

https://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-9-vs-oneplus-upgrade-1211099/

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Trying to get this this morning has turned into a right dose.

Could add earbuds to order so had to buy them separately and pay 20 extra shipping.

Then the shipping address came up as some weird looking thing that wasn't even an address.
    Though I better cancel my orders as I didn't know where they be sent.

Got refunded through PayPal.
    Now when I try to re order, I go into my order where it says pay balance (100 deposit paid last week), when I click on pay it says "order closed".
    On to live chat with 3 hours and they are useless.
    Saying they can't do anything from where they are.

Screenshot-20210329-132254.jpg

Screenshot-20210329-132326.jpg

I did the same thing. I think pre order has closed and have to wait for the actual launch

01902 wrote: »
    I did the same thing. I think pre order has closed and have to wait for the actual launch

Yeah, live chat have told me I just have to wait for open sales.
    I assume no free wireless charger then (CS couldn't tell me).
    I'm on the verge of pulling the plug and just buying a Poco F3.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

FYI for anyone buying through a company to get the VAT back. If you buy direct, they dont itemise VAT on the invoice (been going on for years). So the only way to get VAT back is to buy through Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've a business account with Amazon and am VAT registered with them so they will sell to me ex VAT. They usually standardise the price across Europe even though each country has a different VAT rate, it worked out cheapest for me buying my 7 Pro off amazon.it as they had the highest VAT rate at the time. Ex VAT purchasing is gone from amazon.co.uk now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JamBur

I preordered OP9 Pro 8gb ram version last week. Upgrading from a OP6. Ive been with OP since the OP2, this was the first time I considered other options. My buying pattern is every second model, this is more by coincidence then design, as my work environment means Im hard on phones.

The OP6 has been a great phone, and its still working well. However the back has severe cracking, but more importantly, Im hoping the OP9 will solve my android auto disconnects.

Looking forward to getting the phone. Seemingly European orders start shipping tomorrow.

Yeah, live chat have told me I just have to wait for open sales.
    I assume no free wireless charger then (CS couldn't tell me).
    I'm on the verge of pulling the plug and just buying a Poco F3.

Went ahead with the 9pro 12gb when it went on open sale at 10am today.
    No free wireless charger as I suspected would happen.
    Bit of a kick in the teeth

Went ahead with the 9pro 12gb when it went on open sale at 10am today.
    No free wireless charger as I suspected would happen.
    Bit of a kick in the teeth

I did exactly the same. Due to ship tomorrow, DPD are working Friday so fingers crossed it might come then. If not Tuesday.

I did exactly the same. Due to ship tomorrow, DPD are working Friday so fingers crossed it might come then. If not Tuesday.

I was on the verge of telling them stick it up their hole.
    They kept asking me was there anything else they could help me with without them having sorted the issue in the first place.
    Useless!
    Are they shipping from Poland, do you think?

I was on the verge of telling them stick it up their hole.
    They kept asking me was there anything else they could help me with without them having sorted the issue in the first place.
    Useless!
    Are they shipping from Poland, do you think?

I would guess they are as the one plus I'm using now I'm passing on to my partner but typically dropped it on Monday, it's going to Poland for a screen repair.

The last shipment from oneplus on priority was a day and that was also from Poland.

I would guess they are as the one plus I'm using now I'm passing on to my partner but typically dropped it on Monday, it's going to Poland for a screen repair.

The last shipment from oneplus on priority was a day and that was also from Poland.

I'm still on my 6t which I'm giving to a friend.
    However the 5t I had before that lasted 3days.
    Went to a wedding.
    Got a cab home around 4am.
    Went to bed, woke that "morning" and couldn't find my phone.
    Searched the house everywhere, then walked out to my front gate and there it was out on the road after being rolled over several times.
    Must have fell out of my pocket getting out of taxi :o

no sign of it shipping yet on Amazon. Have an estimate of April 1-3. If you order now on Amazon it says delivery on the 6th. Hoping to have it by the weekend...

Mine hasn't moved so I guess it will be Tuesday

Im on chat with Amazon. I ordered OP9 Pro and a sandstone case. Both said delivery by Saturday which is usually fairly accurate. But on chat now he is saying the cases arent in stock and wont be until Monday and only then will the begin to dispatch. I asked him to cancel the case and send the phone, but he cant confirm if that will speed it up dispatching the phone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

JamBur wrote: »
    I preordered OP9 Pro 8gb ram version last week. Upgrading from a OP6. Ive been with OP since the OP2, this was the first time I considered other options. My buying pattern is every second model, this is more by coincidence then design, as my work environment means Im hard on phones.

The OP6 has been a great phone, and its still working well. However the back has severe cracking, but more importantly, Im hoping the OP9 will solve my android auto disconnects.

Looking forward to getting the phone. Seemingly European orders start shipping tomorrow.

Just upgraded from Oneplus 6T to Oneplus 8 as I got a great price and give my sister the 6T. The back was cracked but I sent it off to oneplus and got it replaced for 22 euro, also had the battery done for 8 euro and labour was 18....its now as good as new. Might be worth sending it off.

Says mine will be delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Addie105

Hi there, sorry to jump in! I pre ordered a Oneplus 9 Pro Pine Green, It's saying it will be delivered tomorrow too! Can I ask who's your courier? DHL are saying my phone has been handed to a third party courier, they don't have a record which company 🙄 Oneplus know nothing about it either!

Addie105 wrote: »
    Hi there, sorry to jump in! I pre ordered a Oneplus 9 Pro Pine Green, It's saying it will be delivered tomorrow too! Can I ask who's your courier? DHL are saying my phone has been handed to a third party courier, they don't have a record which company �� Oneplus know nothing about it either!

That's was my attempt at an April fools .
    Not heard anything since ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JamBur

#

I was running to check my email, you basturdo,,,,lol

Mine has been dispatched this evening on DHL Express so there is still hope for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Addie105

Awh ok lol
    I'm afraid my sense of humor upped and grew legs..... just like my new phone....
    Keep us posted on any progress :)

what cases are people going for? I like the idea of the sandstone, but the carbon fibre might offer more protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Got my 256gb pro version from one plus yesterday. Coming from a one plus 6 so should be a solid upgrade. Went for the free wireless charger. Slightly annoyed the wireless charger doesn't come with a plug just charger and cable. It's also quite load when charging on it.

Issue wise so far I seemed to have a weird issue when on WiFi yesterday when it just stopped working and had to disconnect reconnect. That seems fine today.

Also had to do some forum searching and enter a phone code to activate 5g on my carrier in the UK it was not available by default. Battery life didn't seem amazing on the first day but I'm sure I had above average use. Will see how it goes over the next few days.

Otherwise it's another one plus phone in a carbon case for me so doesn't feel much different!

• Advertisement

what cases are people going for? I like the idea of the sandstone, but the carbon fibre might offer more protection.
    Did you see the special edition droid one?

Advertisement