Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I've made a new updated backup that contains the few fixes (webif & autobouquets sd etc) for anyone else interested in this box

447775.png

447779.png

447776.png

447777.png

447778.png

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭kierc

All setup. many thanks my friend.

kierc wrote: »
    All setup. many thanks my friend.

Enjoy. It's a savage box. One of the best I've used. And a great price which makes it so much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Enjoy. It's a savage box. One of the best I've used. And a great price which makes it so much nicer.

Yes it is probably the best 'bang for your buck' out there.
    It would be so much better if that DVB-T tuner was a dual tuner.

Thanks for all the info, files and pics ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tkeogh.

hi 'the high horse brigade' i have this box got from wos and had the openvix image preinastalled on it, wondering could you put up the settings you are using in the autobouquets etc?

• Advertisement

tkeogh. wrote: »
    hi 'the high horse brigade' i have this box got from wos and had the openvix image preinastalled on it, wondering could you put up the settings you are using in the autobouquets etc?

Here ya go

447815.png

447818.png

thanks, i wonder is it the same layout in the openvix image?

It will be close enough unless it's a really dated version of it

It will be close enough unless it's a really dated version of it
    cheers, how do you get into the autobouquets menu like in the pictures you sent?

cheers, how do you get into the autobouquets menu like in the pictures you sent?

Open the plugin then press menu

• Advertisement

perfect cheers,

Why is the volume for example on BBC 1 HD so much louder , indeed on most of the HD channels

Why is the volume for example on BBC 1 HD so much louder , indeed on most of the HD channels

Different channels have different audio formats. I have mine connected to a surround sound receiver so I don't notice as much. If you're just using stereo from TV speakers then turn on ac3 downmix in the audio settings

Only issue ive left is im trying to edit some bouquets, but when i enter the ip for Openwebif it wont connect

Never mind, sorted

Excellent box, best i ever owned

Excellent box, best i ever owned

Yes, I'm saying the same thing, fantastic box for the price

Btw I've ordered one of these for the kitchen. I don't need recording will be using a usb key for picons. It'll come with Openatv so I can set it up the same way as my Tiviar.
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/edision/edision-os-nino-combo-dvb-s-2-plus-dvb-c-t-t2

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Hi,

Can you arrange the saorview and satellite channels in the same favorite list ?

Also I've a Canal + card, will this work in the software that comes installed or will I need to install something else ?

Thanks in advance.

doogb wrote: »
    Hi,

Also I've a Canal + card, will this work in the software that comes installed or will I need to install something else ?

Thanks in advance.

Of course, you can arrange the channels in whatever order you want. There are plenty of softwares to help you with this. The box is a blank canvas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

doogb wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Yes.

Yes you would need to install a software emulator to read the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The spec for the Tiviar mentions this:

"Record 3 satellite programs while watching 1 or 2 (PIP) other programs...."

If it only has 2 satellite tuners how would that be possible? Or is it confined to 2 transponders at a time?
    Does it mean it could support up to 4 independent satellite channels via LAN (or 3 via LAN + HDMI)?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Great info from The high horse brigade there, thanks.

I bought this box myself and finally got around to setting most of it up last night (still some things to do).

I'm very impressed, seems nice, fast and smooth. I'm hoping it will be more stable then my old Amiko Alien 2+. Internal HDD is nice, I was able to take a 500GB HDD out of a USB case that I was using with the AA2 and put it in this box and it just worked right off, with all the AA2 recordings still there, nice :)

Ten Pin wrote: »
    The spec for the Tiviar mentions this:

"Record 3 satellite programs while watching 1 or 2 (PIP) other programs...."

If it only has 2 satellite tuners how would that be possible? Or is it confined to 2 transponders at a time?
    Does it mean it could support up to 4 independent satellite channels via LAN (or 3 via LAN + HDMI)?

I'm sure that's a mistake. It has 3 tuners you can record on all 3 at the same time and watch 2 of them pip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I'm sure that's a mistake. It has 3 tuners you can record on all 3 at the same time and watch 2 of them pip

What happens if you try to set 4 (or more) concurrent satellite timers in the EPG? Does it give an error at any stage to say too many?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    What happens if you try to set 4 (or more) concurrent satellite timers in the EPG? Does it give an error at any stage to say too many?

You don't get warnings when setting timers, you get a pop up when a recording starts if there's conflicts. It would probably work if one of those recording was on the same transponder, whether the hard drive is up to it is another issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You don't get warnings when setting timers, you get a pop up when a recording starts if there's conflicts. It would probably work if one of those recording was on the same transponder, whether the hard drive is up to it is another issue

I'm surprised by that. Normally openATV warns immediately if you try to set a conflicting timer. Likewise, autotimer will warn if it encounters an upcoming conflict. It is smart enough to know if the two conflicts are on the same TP

I'm surprised by that. Normally openATV warns immediately if you try to set a conflicting timer. Likewise, autotimer will warns if it encounters an upcoming conflict. It is smart enough to know if the two conflicts are on the same TP

I'll check later when I'm back at the house

I'm surprised by that. Normally openATV warns immediately if you try to set a conflicting timer. Likewise, autotimer will warn if it encounters an upcoming conflict. It is smart enough to know if the two conflicts are on the same TP

Just tried this. I added the two satellite recordings from the EPG and added a third while the others were recording. It let me add the third timer but popped up an immediate error warning saying there was no tuner available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Maybe it's implemented differently on the Tiviar although I don't see why. Last night I recorded BBC1 HD and BBC4 HD (same TP) and CH4 HD at the same time on my F1. However if I had tried to add a timer for say Quest, it would immediately come up with a screen showing existing planned timers and the conflicting one I was trying to add. I could then rejig them to suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Maunderevents

Hey about to buy this box what should
    I get vix or atv
    I want sky q type skin,
    Also is it a lot faster than amiko alien 2
    I have a zgemma h2s is so much faster than amiko will this box be as fast as zgemma thanks

Advertisement