Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need website developer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

wba88 wrote: »
    Again I suggest you read up on GDPR if you want to keep doing that. It states that consent needs to be opt-in at the point that they are handing over their data i.e. they need to click a checkbox to allow you to contact them and use their email for marketing purposes. It is not enough that it is in your privacy policy

Is the first email we send them with the price list OK under GDPR?

We can combine the 2 emails into one. The first one is generic and the second one is the current info if we can take bookings and covid prices for small weddings. It just means we have to keep updating the automatic email.

It's not a newsletter sign up or anything. We even specify that in our privacy policy. It is purely information that is all part of a price list and they entered their details asking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,372 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Zenify wrote: »
    It's more about art than function for her.

A great designer will make sure it's about both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

Zenify wrote: »
    Is the first email we send them with the price list OK under GDPR?

AFAIK yes this is fine, they want something and tell you where to delivery it. You send it to them and then do not retain their information for use for future marketing purposes or for uploading to Google/Facebook marketing campaigns and the like

I really do suggest you experiment with a price list on the page and your contact information or contact form below it

p.s. I appreciate you being receptive of the feedback, a lot of people see compliance as a chore and impeding what they really want to do but GDPR really is good for everyone and the future of everything digital

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

wba88 wrote: »
    uploading to Google/Facebook marketing campaigns and the like

This is not what we do, we have the facebook pixel to do all of that. Remarketing to visitors is automatic now with tags, their is no reason to keep or upload these details anymore. Google tag manager has been a great tool and I've found it incredibly interesting.

I did phrase it completely wrong when I said we had peoples email addresses. I think you are assuming far beyond what we are actually doing.

It's the action of submitting the button that is important to us for marketing purposes. Not the email address itself. The information is fed to the facebook pixel and its a converion for our google and bing marketing campaigns. The email address itself is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

got nothing to say except site looks great to me. very classy looking. crazy how much money is in the wedding market

• Advertisement
Advertisement