Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year on from Ms Cash's impassioned speech

Options
  • 20-09-2019 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Was just on Margaret Cash's Facebook and she put up a post reminding us, that just this time last year, she gave an impassioned speech on homelessness outside the gates of the dail and to never give up on fighting to get our home,

Such a strong woman, who now has her home which has a new addition - a little horse, no less - a present she got her son for his birthday.

Inspirational stuff to see on a Friday, when I'm about to head home after a 60odd hour week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What a novel and unique idea for a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Ah yes. After the women cycling thread comes the traveller bashing one. What's next, trans people or immigrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Guy Person wrote: »
    Ah yes. After the women cycling thread comes the traveller bashing one. What's next, trans people or immigrants?

It's not traveller bashing. The fact this woman gets over 50k a year in benefits while having to pay maybe 160 quid a month on rent, medical bills all paid etc.... For anybody working to be left with that after rent/mortgage/medical bills they would be earning in excess of 70k.... The fact she is better off financially than thousands of people working is wrong. Every effort should be made to high light how unequal Irish Society really is to the middle class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Where is she keeping the horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Oh whisht with your crap smart ass reply...it's AH, don't read if you don't like the topic

• Advertisement

piplip87 wrote: »
    It's not traveller bashing. The fact this woman gets over 50k a year in benefits while having to pay maybe 160 quid a month on rent, medical bills all paid etc.... For anybody working to be left with that after rent/mortgage/medical bills they would be earning in excess of 70k.... The fact she is better off financially than thousands of people working is wrong.
    I do agree with you. I can't stand the woman and all she gets but my point was that here is yet another thread about her and no doubt travellers. There plenty of them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

In the stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Never forget #

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The mind boggles...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

In the stable?

Coolmore stud ...lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

In her over sized klopper

In the stable?

Didn't think they had many stables in housing estates in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Outside.

Fcuk your Honda civic btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Any chance this pish could moved over to the Current Affairs asylum?

Make AH great again.

Winter is coming!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

A year, eh.
    There'll have a been a new state-funded baba since?
    Or could she be done finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Id say your great craic at parties

Rx713B wrote: »
    Id say your great craic at parties
    Haha! If you go to parties and spend your time giving out about Margaret Cash then you go to the wrong kind of parties.

I'll never forget the fawning media coverage, sold us a sob story without bothering to dig a little deeper into her background. As a consequence, my trust in RTÉ was eroded completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Why are you all begrudging this woman her good fortune at your expense?

Shocking.

• Advertisement

Why are you all begrudging this woman her good fortune at your expense?

I really want a horse :(

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

eurokev wrote: »

Such a strong woman, who now has her home which has a new addition - a little horse, no less - a present she got her son for his birthday.

I'm sure as the good upstanding citizen that she is, she is in compliance with The Control of Horses Act 1996 by having a licence for the horse and ensuring that it is microchipped and has a passport.

#metoo

Do you also not have the money or facilities to house a horse, Maryanne? Those would be the main 2 reasons why I wouldn't get a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭14dMoney

topper75 wrote: »
    A year, eh.
    There'll have a been a new state-funded baba since?
    Or could she be done finally.

No, though I think her jailbird husband has been released, so there's probably a bit more welfare coming in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

eurokev wrote: »
    Was just on Margaret Cash's Facebook and she put up a post reminding us, that just this time last year, she gave an impassioned speech on homelessness outside the gates of the daily and to never give up on fighting to get our home,

Inspirational stuff to see on a Friday, when I'm about to head home after a 60odd hour week

Your comparison is just daft tbh. You don’t actually envy her lifestyle because it’s shìte compared to your own, and working 60odd hours a week if you feel you’re not being paid enough, that’s a conversation you need to have with your employers.

It's not traveller bashing. The fact this woman gets over 50k a year in benefits while having to pay maybe 160 quid a month on rent, medical bills all paid etc.... For anybody working to be left with that after rent/mortgage/medical bills they would be earning in excess of 70k.... The fact she is better off financially than thousands of people working is wrong. Every effort should be made to high light how unequal Irish Society really is to the middle class

You’re right, it’s not “traveller bashing” (stupid phrase anyway), it’s another whinge thread about “how unequal Irish Society really to the middle classes”, sure God love ya :pac:

You’re mistaking gossip and speculation for facts, but don’t let that stop you having a good whinge all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

You shouldn't be taking this up with us. Get down to your local People Before Profit clinic and empower yourself.
    When they are finally in government, we will all have horses, one for every garden and ENDLESS DOLE for EVERYONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I think it's actually more, a PAYE worker would need to be on 80K+ a year to make as much as she does.
    It's a disgrace.
    I'll stop here or ill be permabanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Does it fit in the back garden with the trampoline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Your comparison is just daft tbh. You don’t actually envy her lifestyle because it’s shìte compared to your own, and working 60odd hours a week if you feel you’re not being paid enough, that’s a conversation you need to have with your employers.

It's not, people like Ms cash are sc*m. They ruin it for the people who are genuinely in need and its not fair on people who work. In my opinion if a person chooses to work 60 hours a week every week instead of getting a free house that person is an eejit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement