Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restart Grant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

westgolf wrote: »
    Are you registered for Vat ? Might work

It wont work unless you have a business premises. Your Vat number wont work . I missed out on the first grant this is only a top up. Thanks replying anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

august12 wrote: »
    I think it applies to those who got the minimum at the time of 2000 now eligible for the new minimum of 4000 so 2000 top up and also applies to people who got the maximum in the first round may receive a top up as I think that increased as well, that's my understanding of it, someone else more familiar with the scheme might update here, isn't it also based on your rates contribution ??

Not true if your rates are 6 you got six under the old and get another 6. If it's a new application you get 6 but miss out on previous. As I say it's a liquidity support. They are time barring it. It is also taxable,and if the original and new are over 10 then you need a tax clearance code from Ros revenue. There's also 6 mo free rates as a credit on your rates account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

lomb wrote: »
    Not true if your rates are 6 you got six under the old and get another 6. If it's a new application you get 6 but miss out on previous. As I say it's a liquidity support. They are time barring it. It is also taxable,and if the original and new are over 10 then you need a tax clearance code from Ros revenue. There's also 6 mo free rates as a credit on your rates account.
    I knew there would be someone more knowledgeable on the subject, thanks for clarifying. I don't have a business so hadn't read the terms and conditions, good to get some financial aid to help struggling business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Is it still called restart grant as page comes up as not found and earlier it said it was stopped so whats going on.

It's called now restart grant plus. Which council are you in the page shouldn't come up blank. If you've applied before then you wait for their email in next days or so rather than a fresh application

I knew there would be someone more knowledgeable on the subject, thanks for clarifying. I don't have a business so hadn't read the terms and conditions, good to get some financial aid to help struggling business.

It's very confusing for sure. It's the one time I guess you'd want a high rates bill. Rates really is money for nothing. No services are provided directly so it seems nice to get back 2.5 years of a ridiculous tax. And it's a great time to get a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

It's very confusing for sure.

It certainly is! Like @august12 I assumed this latest one was just to allow those previously excluded (e.g. due to size) to be brought in, or who'd been capped at €10k, or received the mininimum of €2k to be brought up to the new higher limits.

Then I received an email which seemed to say we'd get more too, so I checked the description, which is what I quoted in my post above. Reading that, I'm none the wiser.

Is there any more explicit statement you're aware of that's been made?

It seems too good to be true that we'd get a second grant.

It certainly is! Like @august12 I assumed this latest one was just to allow those previously excluded (e.g. due to size) to be brought in, or who'd been capped at €10k, or received the mininimum of €2k to be brought up to the new higher limits.

Then I received an email which seemed to say we'd get more too, so I checked the description, which is what I quoted in my post above. Reading that, I'm none the wiser.

Its true, enjoy the money, we pay enough out!! I can post a link https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/Restart-Grant-Plus-FAQs.html
    down the bottom

Its true, enjoy the money, we pay enough out!! I can post a link https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/Restart-Grant-Plus-FAQs.html
    down the bottom

OMG! That's brilliant - I hadn't realised.

I'd gone through the FAQ very briefly, but gave up before getting to the end.

Our creditors will be delighted: we used the bulk of the last one to pay down part of what we owed and had been chipping away slowly at the balances, but this should get them all cleared with a bit left over for a buffer for ourselves.

Most of our creditors are small companies like ourselves that supply us, so this will be a huge benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

From Clare County Restart Grant Plus page;
    The Restart Grant Plus is a NEW standalone grant that is available to all eligible businesses,
    including those who received a grant in Phase 1 of the Business Restart Grant Scheme.

If your business was successful and received funds in Phase 1 of this scheme you do not need to re-apply.
    The Council will contact you to confirm if you wish to opt-in to the Restart Grant Plus scheme.
    The Council will liaise with you, in the event that any additional information is required to complete
    your application under the Restart Grant Plus scheme.

On the same page there is also a table confirming that businesses who were successful in the first grant will get the same amount again.
    3k gets another 3k
    4k gets another 4k
    5k gets another 5k
    etc.

https://www.clarecoco.ie/services/business/supports-and-grants/grants/restart/

On the same page there is also a table confirming that businesses who were successful in the first grant will get the same amount again.

Thanks!

OMG! That's brilliant - I hadn't realised.

I'd gone through the FAQ very briefly, but gave up before getting to the end.

Our creditors will be delighted: we used the bulk of the last one to pay down part of what we owed and had been chipping away slowly at the balances, but this should get them all cleared with a bit left over for a buffer for ourselves.

Most of our creditors are small companies like ourselves that supply us, so this will be a huge benefit.

Good stuff, yes it couldnt come at a better time. If your loss making this year I believe you can bring 25k from 2020 capital allowances and expenses back to 2019 reducing the 2019 tax bill too which helps alot partic if your a sole trader rather than limited as we pay more taxes, and theres 3% interest on warehoused tax debt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

From Clare County Restart Grant Plus page;

3k gets another 3k
    4k gets another 4k
    5k gets another 5k
    etc.

https://www.clarecoco.ie/services/business/supports-and-grants/grants/restart/

Check the table again. If you got 2k or 3k first time around, you will get the minimum payment of 4k extra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Whats the story with the sales cap of €100k per employee? So if i have €250k in sales and 2 employees i dont qualify?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

• Advertisement

duffysfarm wrote: »
    Whats the story with the sales cap of €100k per employee? So if i have €250k in sales and 2 employees i dont qualify?

Apparently not ,only if you have 25 employees something like that.

Yes that is the other grant if you don't qualify for the restart grant and don't pay rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

duffysfarm wrote: »

The clarecoco document suggests that you do qualify, that the lowest turnover cutoff is 5 million for 1-50 employees, inside of this the business is eligible.
    Im hoping that is the case!!

Anyone heard anything if applying for second round of grant. I got the first, received an email for the second round, replyed to it to the same email address that sent it 5 days ago and havent heard anything. Should I send it to the original grant email address or do you think they have it and are working on it?

Check the table again. If you got 2k or 3k first time around, you will get the minimum payment of 4k extra
    I had assumed if you got the minimum last time, it would be doubled, that will be a pleasant surprise for business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

If you were awarded a grant in the "first round" to the original amount,

you will receive a follow up email form from your CoCo which you complete and reply with (same email).

The purpose of this is to bring your total award up to that which it would be under the revised Restart Plus conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Forge83

Hey guys, when I went to apply for the original restart grant in early July they had closed the application early awaiting the new restart grant details.
    I have applied for the restart plus grant now. My reading of it is that I will only get the minimum 4K grant. Only those who received the original grant get the combined amount eg. Minimum 2k + 4K. Am I interpreting that right?
    Seems unfair that my business would receive 2k less than other businesses because they closed the applications early.

Forge83 wrote: »
    Hey guys, when I went to apply for the original restart grant in early July they had closed the application early awaiting the new restart grant details.
    I have applied for the restart plus grant now. My reading of it is that I will only get the minimum 4K grant. Only those who received the original grant get the combined amount eg. Minimum 2k + 4K. Am I interpreting that right?
    Seems unfair that my business would receive 2k less than other businesses because they closed the applications early.

No one will original min. 2K plus new min. 4K
    They will get 2+2

No one will original min. 2K plus new min. 4K
    They will get 2+2

That was my original thought. However the grant table says “ A Further 4K”....

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

That's the way it was explained to me too

I agree with you about that wording, "further" definitely means "in addition to" but I think someone may have hastily prepared that blurb.

Needless to say, I really hope you're right 🙂

This is from the Cork City website, please see short paragraph just above the black bulletpoints --

http://www.corkcity.ie/en/doing-business-in-cork/business-supports/covid19-business-restart-grant/

And this is the Department's website, looks like a further 4000 on top of previous 2000.

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/Restart-Grant-Plus-FAQs.html#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

And this is the Department's website, looks like a further 4000 on top of previous 2000.

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/Restart-Grant-Plus-FAQs.html#

Restart grant plus is a stand alone grant. The minimum payment is €4000.
    If you received the previous €2000 grant you get a further €4000 under the new grant.
    If you didn't receive the original grant you receive €4000 if you qualify for the new grant. It would be wise to apply asap because you never know what the future holds.

Applications are been processed and approved now but funding from central government has not been released to the local authorities yet. At least that is the case with my local council.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Anyone heard back about the Restart Plus grant? Either confirmation, or remittance or queries?

• Advertisement

Anyone heard back about the Restart Plus grant? Either confirmation, or remittance or queries?

No not a word, I got the email that had to be replied to 2 weeks ago. I replied immediately and haven't heard anything since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

It comes down to the co co area you are in. In my area both those that are getting topped up and new applicants are now been paid.

lucky john wrote: »
    It comes down to the co co area you are in. In my area both those that are getting topped up and new applicants are now been paid.

Dublin City

Just got an email to say my application was successful and i will receive my payment in due course. I'm in SDCC

Just got an email to say my application was successful and i will receive my payment in due course. I'm in SDCC

Did you also receive the first batch previously?
    I'm in sdcc also and heard nothing, just an email that I replied to immediately and nothing since.

Just received our payment. We're Dublin City Council.

Amount was the same as we'd previously received as initial payment.

Just received our payment. We're Dublin City Council.

Amount was the same as we'd previously received as initial payment.

Same. Dublin City Council. Received remittance last night.

Did you also receive the first batch previously?
    I'm in sdcc also and heard nothing, just an email that I replied to immediately and nothing since.

Yes I got the first payment round june.

I'm happy to say I was wrong

Just received confirmation that I'll be receiving "a further €4,000" having previously received €2,000 from the original Restart Grant scheme.

Wicklow CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm happy to say I was wrong

Just received confirmation that I'll be receiving "a further €4,000" having previously received €2,000 from the original Restart Grant scheme.

Wicklow CC

I thought it was just a top up, think one of mine was about 3997 so am I entitled to another 4000?

I thought it was just a top up, think one of mine was about 3997 so am I entitled to another 4000?

Yes, it's the same again (or even more if you were below the lower threshold before).

If the total payable is over 10 then do yourself a favour and email them tax clearance code from Ros I got asked yesterday by Sdcc before funds will be released

Did I imagine hearing it in yesterday's announcement about further restrictions in Dublin, or is it the case that there is potentially a third bite of this particular cherry? I can't seem to find anything official about it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

30% extra on top the restart plus grant , similar to what Kildare , Laois and Offaly got .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

gizabeer wrote: »
    30% extra on top the restart plus grant , similar to what Kildare , Laois and Offaly got .

Hi there,

Would you know if this will be given out automatically, ie if you got the full grant (rates rebate) recently will you now by default get the extra payment ?

I have rang the department who said they hadn’t been told the details yet. Also have been told that it’s actually 40% not 30%. Seems all very disorganised.
    Thanks !

• Advertisement

Hi , I just heard it announced on the radio and haven't heard anything since .

I got the second restart grant today but only double earlier one. I note from

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/f7b2c-government-here-for-impacted-dublin-business/

Topped up Restart Grant Plus

Dublin businesses impacted by 25% or more fall in turnover will now be entitled to a 30% top-up, bringing the new minimum for affected counties to €5,200 and the new maximum to €32,500. Those that applied and received a grant previously, can receive the top up of 30%.

How do I get the other 30% and is there anyone who has got it? Im in Dublin. Thanks

I’m waiting 6 weeks here in Kerry and still no contact.
    Bit of a joke really that it’s taking so long. Other countries had their business grants within days.

I got the second restart grant today but only double earlier one. I note from

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/f7b2c-government-here-for-impacted-dublin-business/

Topped up Restart Grant Plus

Dublin businesses impacted by 25% or more fall in turnover will now be entitled to a 30% top-up, bringing the new minimum for affected counties to €5,200 and the new maximum to €32,500. Those that applied and received a grant previously, can receive the top up of 30%.

How do I get the other 30% and is there anyone who has got it? Im in SDCC Dublin. Thanks

I'm wondering this myself , I got the restart plus last week , it was my rates from last year but no sign of the extra 30% top up , what band of rates are you on ?

gizabeer wrote: »
    I'm wondering this myself , I got the restart plus last week , it was my rates from last year but no sign of the extra 30% top up , what band of rates are you on ?

around 8 pa, im assuming that they will email a form for the 30% in due course?

• Advertisement
Advertisement