Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restart Grant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

On the same page there is also a table confirming that businesses who were successful in the first grant will get the same amount again.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

OMG! That's brilliant - I hadn't realised.

I'd gone through the FAQ very briefly, but gave up before getting to the end.

Our creditors will be delighted: we used the bulk of the last one to pay down part of what we owed and had been chipping away slowly at the balances, but this should get them all cleared with a bit left over for a buffer for ourselves.

Most of our creditors are small companies like ourselves that supply us, so this will be a huge benefit.

Good stuff, yes it couldnt come at a better time. If your loss making this year I believe you can bring 25k from 2020 capital allowances and expenses back to 2019 reducing the 2019 tax bill too which helps alot partic if your a sole trader rather than limited as we pay more taxes, and theres 3% interest on warehoused tax debt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

From Clare County Restart Grant Plus page;

On the same page there is also a table confirming that businesses who were successful in the first grant will get the same amount again.
    3k gets another 3k
    4k gets another 4k
    5k gets another 5k
    etc.

https://www.clarecoco.ie/services/business/supports-and-grants/grants/restart/

Check the table again. If you got 2k or 3k first time around, you will get the minimum payment of 4k extra

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Whats the story with the sales cap of €100k per employee? So if i have €250k in sales and 2 employees i dont qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

• Advertisement

duffysfarm wrote: »
    Whats the story with the sales cap of €100k per employee? So if i have €250k in sales and 2 employees i dont qualify?

Apparently not ,only if you have 25 employees something like that.

Yes that is the other grant if you don't qualify for the restart grant and don't pay rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

duffysfarm wrote: »

The clarecoco document suggests that you do qualify, that the lowest turnover cutoff is 5 million for 1-50 employees, inside of this the business is eligible.
    Im hoping that is the case!!

Anyone heard anything if applying for second round of grant. I got the first, received an email for the second round, replyed to it to the same email address that sent it 5 days ago and havent heard anything. Should I send it to the original grant email address or do you think they have it and are working on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Check the table again. If you got 2k or 3k first time around, you will get the minimum payment of 4k extra
    I had assumed if you got the minimum last time, it would be doubled, that will be a pleasant surprise for business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

If you were awarded a grant in the "first round" to the original amount,

you will receive a follow up email form from your CoCo which you complete and reply with (same email).

The purpose of this is to bring your total award up to that which it would be under the revised Restart Plus conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

Hey guys, when I went to apply for the original restart grant in early July they had closed the application early awaiting the new restart grant details.
    I have applied for the restart plus grant now. My reading of it is that I will only get the minimum 4K grant. Only those who received the original grant get the combined amount eg. Minimum 2k + 4K. Am I interpreting that right?
    Seems unfair that my business would receive 2k less than other businesses because they closed the applications early.

Forge83 wrote: »
    Hey guys, when I went to apply for the original restart grant in early July they had closed the application early awaiting the new restart grant details.
    I have applied for the restart plus grant now. My reading of it is that I will only get the minimum 4K grant. Only those who received the original grant get the combined amount eg. Minimum 2k + 4K. Am I interpreting that right?
    Seems unfair that my business would receive 2k less than other businesses because they closed the applications early.

No one will original min. 2K plus new min. 4K
    They will get 2+2

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

No one will original min. 2K plus new min. 4K
    They will get 2+2

That was my original thought. However the grant table says “ A Further 4K”....

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

That's the way it was explained to me too

I agree with you about that wording, "further" definitely means "in addition to" but I think someone may have hastily prepared that blurb.

Needless to say, I really hope you're right 🙂

This is from the Cork City website, please see short paragraph just above the black bulletpoints --

http://www.corkcity.ie/en/doing-business-in-cork/business-supports/covid19-business-restart-grant/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

And this is the Department's website, looks like a further 4000 on top of previous 2000.

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/Restart-Grant-Plus-FAQs.html#

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

august12 wrote: »
    And this is the Department's website, looks like a further 4000 on top of previous 2000.

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/Restart-Grant-Plus-FAQs.html#

Restart grant plus is a stand alone grant. The minimum payment is €4000.
    If you received the previous €2000 grant you get a further €4000 under the new grant.
    If you didn't receive the original grant you receive €4000 if you qualify for the new grant. It would be wise to apply asap because you never know what the future holds.

Applications are been processed and approved now but funding from central government has not been released to the local authorities yet. At least that is the case with my local council.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Anyone heard back about the Restart Plus grant? Either confirmation, or remittance or queries?

• Advertisement

Anyone heard back about the Restart Plus grant? Either confirmation, or remittance or queries?

No not a word, I got the email that had to be replied to 2 weeks ago. I replied immediately and haven't heard anything since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

It comes down to the co co area you are in. In my area both those that are getting topped up and new applicants are now been paid.

lucky john wrote: »
    It comes down to the co co area you are in. In my area both those that are getting topped up and new applicants are now been paid.

Dublin City

Just got an email to say my application was successful and i will receive my payment in due course. I'm in SDCC

Just got an email to say my application was successful and i will receive my payment in due course. I'm in SDCC

Did you also receive the first batch previously?
    I'm in sdcc also and heard nothing, just an email that I replied to immediately and nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

Just received our payment. We're Dublin City Council.

Amount was the same as we'd previously received as initial payment.

Just received our payment. We're Dublin City Council.

Amount was the same as we'd previously received as initial payment.

Same. Dublin City Council. Received remittance last night.

lomb wrote: »
    Did you also receive the first batch previously?
    I'm in sdcc also and heard nothing, just an email that I replied to immediately and nothing since.

Yes I got the first payment round june.

I'm happy to say I was wrong

Just received confirmation that I'll be receiving "a further €4,000" having previously received €2,000 from the original Restart Grant scheme.

Wicklow CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm happy to say I was wrong

Just received confirmation that I'll be receiving "a further €4,000" having previously received €2,000 from the original Restart Grant scheme.

Wicklow CC

I thought it was just a top up, think one of mine was about 3997 so am I entitled to another 4000?

Advertisement