Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

If they only limit to 10Mbps when the network is under pressure, then I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Was getting similar fir most of yesterday contacted VF in Twitter both public ( to embarrass the bolloxes)and private , mysteriously 4G reappeared an hour later, coincidence? They can throttle on / off, now getting 35 down/ 2.5 up

Via phone

theintern wrote: »
    If they only limit to 10Mbps when the network is under pressure, then I'm happy enough.

Don't know wtf is happening TBH,now via phone I'm getting 45+ MB down/14+ up,never consistent,drops from 4G to 3G ( huge difference,and forced to switch from automatic network to manual - scan- find 4G again and register on network, pain in the hole, same thing every day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I got this text from Vodafone today.

Mw76NjJ.png

I wonder what the 150GB thing is all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Don't know wtf is happening TBH,now via phone I'm getting 45+ MB down/14+ up,never consistent,drops from 4G to 3G ( huge difference,and forced to switch from automatic network to manual - scan- find 4G again and register on network, pain in the hole, same thing every day
    Yeah I have to do that a few times a day. This is how I do it - a pain but at least you DON'T have to rescan:
    So if it goes to H (3G) I go to - Settings --> Network & Internet ---> Mobile Network ---> Preferred Network Type ---> Change to 3G (yes, 3G!).
    Wait until the symbol on the top shows it has changed, showing H or 3G.
    Now switch it back to 4G - and after a couple of seconds it will show 4G and the huge increase in speed. If I move the phone round in the house, or go out for a walk, it may well slip back into 3G (H) mode.

This seems to happen when I am in a less than perfect coverage area. When I'm in a solid 4G area it does stay in 4G mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Did the speed cap get enforced yet at 10mbps does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

robbiep958 wrote: »

Not for me.

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Yeah I have to do that a few times a day. This is how I do it - a pain but at least you DON'T have to rescan:
    So if it goes to H (3G) I go to - Settings --> Network & Internet ---> Mobile Network ---> Preferred Network Type ---> Change to 3G (yes, 3G!).
    Wait until the symbol on the top shows it has changed, showing H or 3G.
    Now switch it back to 4G - and after a couple of seconds it will show 4G and the huge increase in speed. If I move the phone round in the house, or go out for a walk, it may well slip back into 3G (H) mode.

This seems to happen when I am in a less than perfect coverage area. When I'm in a solid 4G area it does stay in 4G mode.

I do similar,but it's a pain in the arse
    I go to Mobile networks
    Select 4G
    Register on network
    ( Won't register)
    Select automatic network
    Reboot phone
    4G magically appears

4motion wrote: »
    Not for me.

No definitely not in 3Gmode it's low but generally above or about 10 Mbps,once it's switched to 4G up to ,65 plus

robbiep958 wrote: »

Just checked it - Friday 19:20 4 bars signal, got 15.5Mbps down, 2.4 up (usually up is much faster).
    Generally I get under the 10Mbps but acceptable. Probably more due to the less than perfect signal than VF capping it, I'd say.

• Advertisement

I do similar,but it's a pain in the arse
    I go to Mobile networks
    Select 4G
    Register on network
    ( Won't register)
    Select automatic network
    Reboot phone
    4G magically appears
    Try my way - I know it's counter-intuitive but it usually works and at least you don't have to wait for your phone to reboot.

Just checked it - Friday 19:20 4 bars signal, got 15.5Mbps down, 2.4 up (usually up is much faster).
    Generally I get under the 10Mbps but acceptable. Probably more due to the less than perfect signal than VF capping it, I'd say.

Force 4G it's a pain but works,ps after reboot it holds 4G , unless I switch to WiFi

Try my way - I know it's counter-intuitive but it usually works and at least you don't have to wait for your phone to reboot.

Doing it now, tnx

theintern wrote: »

,55.47 download just now( Friday 7.31

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

CyberGhost wrote: »
    I got this text from Vodafone today.

Mw76NjJ.png

I wonder what the 150GB thing is all about?

Yeah, I keep getting this too every few weeks. I'm not sure what the point of giving me an extra 150GB (which expires in a week) is, given that I already have (supposedly) unlimited data.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

Just got a text saying contract change, sky sports mobile will be taken off after 31 July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Bojill wrote: »
    Just got a text saying contract change, sky sports mobile will be taken off after 31 July.

Same with Spotify. Being forced onto the 10mbps limited plan as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Bojill wrote: »

As did I about Spotify.

So essentially paying €20 without Spotify now. Might be time to look into GoMo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

As did I about Spotify.

I changed to them and back again. No coverage at work, albeit I'm homeworking for the next while but trying to get hold of them was impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

As did I about Spotify.

Got the same text today. Now thinking of switching provider. and paying for Spotify myself.
    Anyone have any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got the same text today. Now thinking of switching provider. and paying for Spotify myself.

I'm on my 2nd month with 48 now and they've been great. No issues at all.
    Just a point to note - I finished the VF Spotify plan 4-5 months ago and they still have me down as a premium plan! :D So you could be lucky too

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Back to 48 for me anyway, ordered sim this evening.

Spotify family on here

Back to 48 for me anyway, ordered sim this evening.

What speeds/coverage are you getting? Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

rizzee wrote: »
    I'm on my 2nd month with 48 now and they've been great. No issues at all.
    Just a point to note - I finished the VF Spotify plan 4-5 months ago and they still have me down as a premium plan! :D So you could be lucky too

Thanks. I will most likely get family Spotify eventually as I would miss it.
    Just looked at 48 there. The 20gb membership would do me. I gather then that you just buy call minutes as an add on?
    What's the coverage like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just looked at 48 there. The 20gb membership would do me. I gather then that you just buy call minutes as an add on?
    What's the coverage like?

Coverage is same as Three.

9.99 plan is 20GB, 300 mins, all text
    14.99 plan is 40GB, 300 mins, all text

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058072911

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Coverage is same as Three.

9.99 plan is 20GB, 300 mins, all text
    14.99 plan is 40GB, 300 mins, all text

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058072911

What, if any, are the downsides to 48? Can you skip a month or is it a contract that you commit to and, if so, how long? Thanks for any help - you seem to have a great handle on this stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does GoMo have similar coverage to Vodafone?
    I was with Three but when I'd go to my parents or visiting other places for weekends there'd be no coverage.

Apart from people like myself, who are only with Vodafone for coverage reasons, how do they expect to keep customers by taking value away?
    I suspect they're relying on the power of laziness as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Got the text and would consider moving but I do think Vodafones coverage is worth a premium. My in laws have a holiday home in the arse hole of nowhere and no one (gomo, eir business, 3, tesco) has coverage there by me, and I have 4 bars on 4G.

Also, I was on 48 network for about 5 years before Vodafone, brilliant service and value

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Vodafone does have the best coverage where I'm living, thanks to a hill blocking other providers.

I'm not sure what to do now. If I stick with Vodafone, I'll drop X in favour of Chat Extra €20, which has 10GB data (no mention of throttled speed) and unlimited calls and texts to any network.

GoMo is the cheapest, so I might gamble on getting a SIM and see what the coverage is like, but I had a Meteor SIM years ago and had to stand outside to get any signal...

Is there any other MVNO that piggybacks on Vodafone network?

Advertisement