Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you make any assumptions based on the brand someone uses?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Not a particular brand but I know a good few lads who would buy the cheapest sh1te and chuck it away after a few years because they can't be arsed looking after it and like to have something brand new in their hands. Drives me mad to see this carry on. The fella getting the cheap gutless daysul Golf on the Puckleberry-P and 'ah shur just trade it in 3 years time' would be one of them.

Also anyone who buys an Alexa or an OK Google is a sheep who doesn't mind being spied upon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Ficheall wrote: »
    If anyone chooses something to buy based largely on what brand it is, my opinion of them goes down a little. I'm sure there are counterexamples, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Previous good experience with the brand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 SpielCheck

Anyone using Black and Decker

I automatically assume theyre a racist a$$h0le

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

Skoda - I am about to be bored to death in 3,2,.....
    Wearing Tracksuit - I am either coming or going to the bookies
    Buying Lotto tickets - I failed maths at school

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Granadino wrote: »
    I’m sure there are plenty of people out there with money driving “sh!tty” Korean cars who’d rather spend their money on more useful things.
    I can’t understand the mentality that people seem to think someone else should be impressed by the car they drive.
    A metal box with four wheels that takes you from point a to point b when you put fuel in it...:

It really is horses for courses. Some people derive great pleasure from cars and would gladly spend a large proportion of their income on their mode of transport. I get little pleasure from motoring and see it as an expensive but necessary evil. I spend a small fortune on my (niche) hobby which I'm sure others would baulk at!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

SpielCheck wrote: »
    Anyone using Black and Decker

I automatically assume theyre a racist a$$h0le

I feel the same when I see someone eating a Nogger Black ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It never ceases to amaze me how someone else could get so riled up by another person's choice of phone :confused:

Makes me love Apple that little bit more :D

I love my Apple iPad and my Samsung Phone... Problem is the Apple loyalists get all arsey when you endeavor to say you ‘like’ or ‘prefer’ or you consider a better product like a Samsung S10 over the latest iPhone. You have expressed a preference, but the Apple dweebs get all full of tears, toys out of the pram, try to convince you that you are wrong, quote you numbers, stats this and that.... all I’ve said is... “I PREFER THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S10, to me that’s a better phone”..... the reply... “ahhhh, but...” :pac: I prefer the Hyundai Santa Fe over the Nissan Qashqai, I prefer Head tennis rackets over slazenger, I prefer galaxy chocolate over Cadburys, to me each product is better... but the Apple persons.. “YOU ARE WRONG”... “The IPhone is better, stop being wrong aghhhhhh”... that weird loyalty is...odd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Or prefer using superior devices. It's ok though, most people who slate Apple fans as 'sheep', can't afford Apple products anyway.

Nothing apple is superior ever they are overpriced fashion statements , def for sheep that haven't a notion what they are paying for.

Unless you of course like paying for a product that the company slows deliberately once they ve released a new one to "encourage" you to buy a new one.

So ya apple = not tech savvy sheep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Any lad that wears skinny jeans is instantly classed a tosser, who should be shot with a ball of his own ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I own a Huawai phone. It's excellent.
    (I'm not just saying that cos...you know;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I own a Huawai phone. It's excellent.
    (I'm not just saying that cos...you know;)

They are not great, sure every time I call you and say... “hello the rubberchikken” the signal just dies, I mean, come on ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I do.

One Example.
    I can tell if someone is price sensitive or otherwise motivated from the brands they use. This can tell me if i want to sell them a product what i should market towards them.

If someone is more brand sensitive than price sensitive i have to convince them more. These people can be turned off more easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Saab drivers classify themselves as a rich cousin to Volvo drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ficheall wrote: »
    If anyone chooses something to buy based largely on what brand it is, my opinion of them goes down a little. I'm sure there are counterexamples, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

What ketchup do you buy? Would you always buy heinz if its there?

Some people are brand sensitive....fussy...with clothes too....or cars ...they like things just so or are rigid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭lickalot

Never spent more than 1500 on a car and don't see the reason to. Get one with a fresh NCT and your flying.

It's the biggest waste of money you can spend. If I see someone drive a new car I just think to myself they have **** all of a social life.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If you wear joop you're trying to finger 15 year old girls, whether you're 15 or 50......

Do people still buy that muck ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The fella getting the cheap gutless daysul Golf on the Puckleberry-P

What is a Puckleberry-P?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

What is a Puckleberry-P?

PCP is my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

theteal wrote: »
    PCP is my guess

Yep spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yep spot on

Personal Contract Purchase. Puckleberry. Where did that come from or did you make it up?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Apple - easily influenced.

The Apple hate is bizarre.

Read a thread the other day where some eejit said it's a 'brand for f*tards'.

I use iPhones because I like iOS better than Android. I use a Macbook because I prefer a Unix based OS than Windows. I prefer programming/scripting on a Macbook. However, I still wouldn't rule out using Windows in the future. Especially given that W10 offers bash shell.

So you see, I'm not a clueless sheep. Merely a person with a preference. People would do well not judge everybody by the type of phone/laptop etc. they use. That, my friends, is what a f*cktard would do. :)

Edit: I do enjoy my Amazon Fire Tablet too. Cheap and does what I need it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

Cupatae wrote: »
    Nothing apple is superior ever they are overpriced fashion statements , def for sheep that haven't a notion what they are paying for.

Unless you of course like paying for a product that the company slows deliberately once they ve released a new one to "encourage" you to buy a new one.

So ya apple = not tech savvy sheep
    I'm the biggest Android fan you'll meet, but even I can admit that Apple has a much better track record for keeping its phones up to date than Android do.

Most devices unless they're a Pixel aren't on the latest android version, and won't ever get it either. Meanwhile Apple keeps older phones up to date for years. Sure they get slower, but software gets more demanding too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

sweet_trip wrote: »
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention. It's all about the look for apple users.
    Nevermind you're forced to use their ****e software and their compatibility with other computers is terrible, and their phones let you do nothing in terms of accessing their files easily without all the useless itunes and apple software they force you to install, and nevermind the fact their macbooks have such ****e hardware you'll end up paying an extra 1000 euro vs an actual useful computer.

File this under 'Things that aren't true or that were true 5 years ago'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Rothko wrote: »
    I'll admit that I think less of people who read The Sun

By cunts, for cunts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Rothko wrote: »
    I'll admit that I think less of people who read The Sun

You sir have great taste in art, respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,076 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Whenever I see a toddler dressed head to toe in designer tracksuit (matching top and bottoms), essentially a mini-me version of their daddy, I assume their parent(s) is either a drug dealer or wannabe gangster.

Essentially something like this:

rBVaWF6UGTWAbWXFAADlw9Hivtw075.jpg

In no time, they will graduate to tasteless techno music, have a penchant for "souped up" cars and love MMA.

It bring a tear to ur i so it wud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

white volkswagon passat

you're townie scum in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

drinks stella - obviously beats the wife

lacoste - assume they're a howiya
    leinster jersey bet around a beer belly - knob

big black puffy jackets - impoverished

bmw - likes to injure cyclists

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Anyone that wear anything with the brand name emblazoned across it will always be sub-human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The Apple hate is bizarre.

Read a thread the other day where some eejit said it's a 'brand for f*tards'.

I use iPhones because I like iOS better than Android. I use a Macbook because I prefer a Unix based OS than Windows. I prefer programming/scripting on a Macbook. However, I still wouldn't rule out using Windows in the future. Especially given that W10 offers bash shell.

So you see, I'm not a clueless sheep. Merely a person with a preference. People would do well not judge everybody by the type of phone/laptop etc. they use. That, my friends, is what a f*cktard would do. :)

Edit: I do enjoy my Amazon Fire Tablet too. Cheap and does what I need it to.

I agree with you, if people prefer Apple products so what. However the comments about you only prefer anything else is frequently commented that you just can't afford it and are really jealous.

It goes both ways the Apple love can be quite eye rolling too.

Advertisement