Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Varik wrote: »
    Considering this is a squeal then Batgirl is already oracle and unless they gone the new 52 route she's still crippled, but Nightwing and Robin maybe.

I just want Jason Todd.

Yeah I remembered that after I posted. New 52 has me all screwed up. They might go the other way altogether and have one of the other Batgirls or maybe even Batwoman.

Jason Todd would be great. It'd be much more interesting if he was an enemy in the game though. His boss fight could be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks for the title change mysterious mod :)

Yeah like someone said previously, scarecrow is probably a front as the main villain, would be great to have jason todd pulling the strings, would be a very personal battle and almost back up the father to son theme of the trailer. Will be fun dissecting that trailer for easter eggs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Sweet. I wonder what they'll be able to do now that they're not limited by 512mb of ram. I may be a minority but I love the fighting in these games the most, so if they can make it more in-depth that would be brilliant. I don't mind the combo system but I would like for it to take a step-down from that kind of direction and focus more on variation of enemies - the Kung Fu dudes in Arkham Origins were a unique way to get real one-on-one with a criminal instead of it just being you press one button and they're on the floor. Enemies making more than one swing at you is seriously needed, nobody goes in for just one right hook, they immediately swing with their next arm after it even if you blocked the first attack. Having to block both strikes and then maybe evade from being locked-down else you run the risk of not being able to counter other attackers. I don't care how good Batman is at fighting there's only so many people he can fight in a single spot before needing to reposition or something similar.

Good to see the long-eared mask back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

calex71 wrote: »

.... and please no crappy multiplayer !!!!!

Am I the only one who loved the multiplayer in Origins? Granted, getting a game running could take a seriously long time, which could be really frustrating, but I found the gameplay so good that I put up with it. I was hooked on it for a couple of weeks. It's the only online multiplayer I've ever really gotten into.

Would love to see a smoother multiplayer in the new game, not that I have a PS4 to play it on :/

I never even played the MP in origins. Really hope its not in this one so they can focus 100 on the single player, also I want the platinum trophy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am disappointed it's for next gen only and, tbh, I'll be surprised if the need is reflected in the finished game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I am disappointed it's for next gen only and, tbh, I'll be surprised if the need is reflected in the finished game.

Well it sounds like it will be reflected if quotes like this are true.
    Batmobile is designed to be "the best car in any game ever", it takes up around 160mb of memory in game and will just about fit in an Xbox 360 (if that was the whole game). There are hundreds of thousands of polygons, as well as textures and shaders used on it

Source

Well it sounds like it will be reflected if quotes like this are true.

Source

Wow there are some amazing details in that link. So the 'Arkham Knight' is the villain And is described as a militaristic batman. I'm calling it Jason Todd!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Azrael!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I liked the MP in Origins but it didn't work and games would constantly end with everyone getting kicked.

I only need some more wins to finish all the trophies for it, and at some point to finish my last play-through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Kevin Conroy.

Delighted with that!

No MP, I wonder had they planned to have it, but since barely anybody played the MP in Origins, did they ditch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Imgur album of the gameinformer piece on the new game:

http://imgur.com/a/vS9jt

Villain is definitely has to be Jason Todd!

Looks The Riddler is back too, sadly.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Villain is definitely has to be Jason Todd!

Looks The Riddler is back too, sadly.

Riddler, Two-face, and Penguin have all been confirmed I think. It seems the Riddler is now setting driving challenges, which could be......interesting!

The gameinformer piece claims the main villan, or at least the Arkham Knight, is a completely new character.

chickenboy wrote: »
    The gameinformer piece claims the main villan, or at least the Arkham Knight, is a completely new character.

That's a front I would say, a new character would be of no interest really to Batman fans.

The pic of the Arkham Knight reminded me instantly of Jason Todd as Batman.

BattleForTheCowl1_-_jasontoddisbatman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Imgur album of the gameinformer piece on the new game:

http://imgur.com/a/vS9jt

Gotham looks GREAT

Arkham Knight. Even though he is a 'brand new character' they could still have Jason Todd behind the mask.

k6uZotT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,127 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not liking the sound of the batmobile sections - or linked Riddler stuff. Sounds very poor imo. Batmobile destroying anything it touches, being summonable at any point at the touch of a button, and these racing sections... just not liking the sound of it.

The Riddler racing sections do sound crap!

• Advertisement

That's a front I would say, a new character would be of no interest really to Batman fans.

The pic of the Arkham Knight reminded me instantly of Jason Todd as Batman.

Possibly, although the fact that he hasn't been introduced in the games may cause a problem.

Another alternative is that it's Jean-Paul Valley; he did appear in Arkham City, but getting him from Azreal to evil-batman might be a bit of a stretch!

Possibly, although the fact that he hasn't been introduced in the games may cause a problem.

Another alternative is that it's Jean-Paul Valley; he did appear in Arkham City, but getting him from Azreal to evil-batman might be a bit of a stretch!

I'd say neither would be a problem, its a game plot after all, they can play fairly loose with the source material.

I'd be more worried about how they might shoe horn in The Joker again, as he was the main focus for the 3 past games, will they be brave enough to exclude him. Having him appear in Scarecrow scenes is fine, but bringing him back to life, not so much.

I'd say neither would be a problem, its a game plot after all, they can play fairly loose with the source material.

I'd be more worried about how they might shoe horn in The Joker again, as he was the main focus for the 3 past games, will they be brave enough to exclude him. Having him appear in Scarecrow scenes is fine, but bringing him back to life, not so much.

Hopefully the Joker is gone completely; some mentions by Harley will be fine, but a reappearance would just sully the end of Arkham City.

The return of the Scarecrow should be good though, his portions in Asylum were amazing, legitimately creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The Azrael portrayed in Arkham City wasn't Valley though, it was a mix of the two iterations of the character from canon. Regardless, if Geoff Johns is behind the new character then sign me up.

From a technical point of view I'm excited to see what they can do with their engine, specifically in the context of gameplay, by focusing on next-gen platforms. I'd wager that we won't see a massive leap in visual quality along the lines of a fully Unreal 4 powered title but rather we'll see more design changes which reflect the lack of last gen hardware constraints. The comments by Rocksteady's combat programmer bode pretty well at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4McYzWez7_I

The batmobile section on the Amstrad back in the day for anyone as old as myself who remember it.

Kinda Marmite. Personally I loved that section. That was a great game actually in hindsight. That and Robocop back in the day so many hours lost.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gizmo wrote: »
    The Azrael portrayed in Arkham City wasn't Valley though, it was a mix of the two iterations of the character from canon. Regardless, if Geoff Johns is behind the new character then sign me up.

From a technical point of view I'm excited to see what they can do with their engine, specifically in the context of gameplay, by focusing on next-gen platforms. I'd wager that we won't see a massive leap in visual quality along the lines of a fully Unreal 4 powered title but rather we'll see more design changes which reflect the lack of last gen hardware constraints. The comments by Rocksteady's combat programmer bode pretty well at least :)

I'm sure Azreal will have to be involved somehow, his whole side quest in City seemed to be about setting up something for the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm sure Azreal will have to be involved somehow, his whole side quest in City seemed to be about setting up something for the sequel.
    Oh I'd say he's a reasonable bet at least, what I meant was that not basing him on one of the existing incarnations of Azrael may give Johns and co the freedom to adapt him to fit the Arkham Knight role.

Hell, even he's not the titular character, I'm sure he'll feature in the game due to his appearance in City. The news on Hush making a similar appearance adds credence to that also.

Hush having a big role should be good.

Given that Scarecrow is in it, Hush almost definitely, and the potential of Jason Todd, they could really go for breaking Batman mentally as well as physically storyline.

And as its Rocksteadys last Batman game (Origins might spawn its own sequels), it would be cool to see Batman die or retire at the end of this game, that would pack a serious punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is that "Batman: Hush" fb page that teased the news about Hush in any way credible though? Anywhere else mentioned it?

It just looks like a fan made page for the comic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Yay, Riddler's back! This means we can complete the game while still only getting a 30% completion rate because Riddler!

Advertisement