Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any description of the one you won't get? There are very detailed youtube vids for every riddler trophy, clue, etc in the game.

It's the one in Miagani Island down from the orphanage. The Batmobile triggers a pressue pad. Lights come on one by one and you've to shoot them with the cannon within time. Single lights are fine. Then they come on in batches of 4 which I can just about get within the timeframe. Then they all come on and you need to get them all in a few seconds. Not even a youtube video will help with this! :mad:

Edit to add: Oh wait I was wrong, turns out you can actually use secondary weapons on them when they light up in batches. Zero-cool you're a fckuing legend!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I
    Edit to add: Oh wait, you can actually use secondary weapons on them when they light up in batches. Zero-cool you're a fckuing legend!!!!!

Yupp, i'm taking full responsibility for that fix :pac: Go get them riddler trophies!

Argh this NG+ is wrecking my head. I'm after releasing the second plant and have to protect it and I just keep getting my balls ripped off and handed to me. I swear I almost put my PS4 through a window.

Oh and Bloodbourne makes me want to cut myself.

Hi Everybody!

Doctor Nick has managed to collect all them riddler trophies. Enjoying the extra DLC missions too (not done any of the other somewhat related but outside of main game short stories that come with the season pass). Was worth the €8 IMO.

Hi Doctor Nick!

I got a lian of this yesterday, stayed my new game plus, just that and challenge stars left for the platinum. Really enjoying it, gonna pick up the season pass when I'm done. It's grand not having to go for any Riddler stuff and not having to do side quests.

• Advertisement

Hi Doctor Nick!

I got a lian of this yesterday, stayed my new game plus, just that and challenge stars left for the platinum. Really enjoying it, gonna pick up the season pass when I'm done. It's grand not having to go for any Riddler stuff and not having to do side quests.

Season Pass €8 till 26th, grab it quick man (back up to 20 after and it ain't worth that much much as I love it), brilliant game. Glad I got the DLC to prolong its life. Only 4 extra in story missions and only completed one but it was great. I'm gonna be sad when this is over.

I have never had such satisfaction with a game as I got after kicking Riddlers arse. Voice actor who plays him is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,529 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Speaking of Batman, anyone see that Kevin Conroy is going to be back at Dublin Comic Con this year?

Speaking of Batman, anyone see that Kevin Conroy is going to be back at Dublin Comic Con this year?

After going last year and Kerry con this year, I was gonna give it a miss but thinking of going just to meet him.

New Game + finished (quite a challenge), all missions done 100% plus the Season of infamy missions 100%. NG+ shows at 120%. Original game shows 82% (riddler stuff presumably). But at the game game data (where you select the game if there are multiple saves not so in my case) save screen) before you click in your game options i.e. You can choose new game, NG+, AR challenges, Arkham episodes etc. This shows 84% complete overall.

WTF. Never one for challenge maps but looks like these have to be done if you want 100% completion. Or if it's tied into trophies there's 11 to go. My trophies are challenge related apart from 2. Pain in the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 stevencr

One of the best games i ever played

stevencr wrote: »
    One of the best games i ever played

Agreed completely. Finished 3 of the Arkham stories, Harvey Quinn, Red Hood and Batgirl. Batgirl was glitched to fcuk, couldn't believe it after experiencing more or less zero glitches in the others. I then read WB Montreal developed that which goes a little way towards explaining it.

Some of the challenges are frustratingly hard. Take out 6 Cobra drones in 2 mins. Challenge failed if spotted. Doesn't help they travel in pairs facing different directions and their orbital scanners have 180 degree view, so 360 all round. Impossible!

Oh wait, banned user. Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Some mod must have really disagreed with that statement :D

I know I'm talking to myself and that that's one of the first signs of madness but feck it, I'm insane

Catwomans revenge robot battle is very unfair. Fighting on a floor that slowly becomes electrified until you've a very small amount of room to maneuver.

Then there's some trophies. That one you need to fly through three bridges in one glide without using grappling gun is impossible.

Oh and I've two trophies related to drones but I've defeated the AK and Deathstroke. Doesn't that mean the army is gone so no more drones? Grrrr.

Note to self over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Picked this up in the easter Xbox sale, better than I was expecting but no way in hell am I going to even attempt getting all the riddler trophies.
    Finished the main story so I'll finish off the mines etc and then try some of the DLC.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Picked this up in the easter Xbox sale, better than I was expecting but no way in hell am I going to even attempt getting all the riddler trophies.
    Finished the main story so I'll finish off the mines etc and then try some of the DLC.

Ah go on get the riddler trophies. If I can, anyone can. Plus the most satisfying part of the game is kicking Riddlers arse and you need trophies to do that.

Got the platinum today, stated Batgirl dlc but it's fairly generic. Will move into season of infamy after it but glad I hadn't paid full whack for the season pass or even regular price for the dlc's so far. Season pass at 8 though, can't go wrong with that.

Got the platinum today, stated Batgirl dlc but it's fairly generic. Will move into season of infamy after it but glad I hadn't paid full whack for the season pass or even regular price for the dlc's so far. Season pass at 8 though, can't go wrong with that.

Yeah well worth the 8 but no more than that. The other DLC stories are pretty much the same formula. The Catwomans Revenge is tough, unfairly so I think.

Out of interest, this has had substantial patching on console. Anyone got an overview of what the changes are? Some of the reports i'm searching are conflicting.

Mostly interested on performance improvements Xbox One S or Ps4

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Out of interest, this has had substantial patching on console. Anyone got an overview of what the changes are? Some of the reports i'm searching are conflicting.

Off the top of my head I don't know, but what I can do is when I get home from work pop the disc in and look at the list of updates and what they did and pop it on here later tomorrow (if somebody doesn't get to it before me).

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Mick, checked the updates. 13 in total. Approximately 7 of them were DLC related (new content at the time). Remainder were mainly performance optimisation, allowing player to play against each other in AR challenges, allowing players to play as other characters in AR challenges. Glitches like rainfall inside included as well. Think that was about it.

Oh and FYI this was PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have to say was surprised by how good the first few hours of this is,thats about as far as i have got so far but im enjoying it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

EoinHef wrote: »
    Have to say was surprised by how good the first few hours of this is,thats about as far as i have got so far but im enjoying it.

All things considered it's probably the best of them. I still prefer Asylum though.

People made way too much of the Batmobile being a negative. IMO the car itself is class, it's just that the tank sections get old and overused towards the end.

There was also the issue of it not running well, but if you had decent enough hardware it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Rob2D wrote: »
    All things considered it's probably the best of them. I still prefer Asylum though.

People made way too much of the Batmobile being a negative. IMO the car itself is class, it's just that the tank sections get old and overused towards the end.

There was also the issue of it not running well, but if you had decent enough hardware it was fine.

Id agree the car looks great. Drives well enough of not amazingly. Have to see further on how i get on but so far no issues with using it.

Ive stuck with keyboard and mouse mostly for battle mode when in the batmobile. Hard to remember all the keys for combos/multi takedowns etc for when on foot though.

Have a decent PC so have it cranked at 1440p and managing a solid 60fps and visually the game is really nice. The game drips with atmosphere,i think the art work and overall aesthetic are spot on for the subject matter.

I loved this game. Probably me favourite of the Arkham games. Enjoyed it so much it was my first ever NG+ and I did all the riddler stuff for the battle with him and true ending.

Rumours WB are due to announce a new Batman game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'd rate in the order they came out, Asylum > City > Origins > Knight.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I think Asylum is the best of the lot. It’s the most focused and cohesive of the series.

The transition and expansion of elements from that game to the open city never really worked for me. I’d much prefer that the city wasn’t just an oversized Asylum plastered with Riddler question marks.

There’s a great open world Batman game yet to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

5uspect wrote: »
    I think Asylum is the best of the lot. It’s the most focused and cohesive of the series.

The transition and expansion of elements from that game to the open city never really worked for me. I’d much prefer that the city wasn’t just an oversized Asylum plastered with Riddler question marks.

There’s a great open world Batman game yet to come.

I adored Asylum, City was good, Origins I felt was an expansion pack rather than a game, but decent none the less.

Picked up Knight there on Epic, but my GFX card ****s the bed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think I’d go as far as saying Asylum is the only one actually worth playing (I haven’t played Origins, but that basically seems to have been struck from the record). The second two games follow the worst model of video game sequels: bigger, prettier, and just ‘more’, but lose the essence of what made the first tick in the process. There’s hints of that magic, they’re graphical powerhouses and there are some things that are technically “improvements”. But there’s just so much open world faff to shift through that it robs the games of momentum and focus. Two of the more disappointing sequels in recent video game history.

• Advertisement

Agree that Asylum was the best of the series. It's great gliding around the city in the games that followed but it definitely lost that tightness that Asylum nailed. The driving in Knight wasn't so bad but it was horrible that almost every puzzle you came across went out of its way to include the batmobile. I enjoyed hunting down the riddler trophies but yes, 400 was way too many. Asylum did it so much better, some very memorable trophies/clues.

I really enjoyed Origins. I didn't get the bugs other people reported and it had a great Joker story.

As for Rocksteady's next game, I'd have no interest in a Superman or Justice League game and I was never into the future Batman titles but that just leaves an open Gotham City with civilians, traffic, a living world for them to try something new. Mad to know exactly what they're working on. Such a pity that other title was cancelled where you play as Damian Wayne.

Advertisement