Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should drug dealers be celebrated and revered?

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭elstingeo

Why celebrate it? Are you a guard...? It is a large scale problem. It’s not the sale of the substance but everything behind it.

It is a deep rooted societal problem to be fair. If you want to understand this then it takes a deep thought process.

Drugs infiltrate all members of society. The drugs aren’t the problem but their effects and the criminality behind them.

It’s a lot different than going to the off licence and getting a six pack.

Some drugs are not as bad as other, ie cannabis. Others are terrible. But they affect every user differently and their community and the one thing that the supply of all drugs have is their link to a violent criminal underworld.

Some people may say oh it’s only weed or whatever that’s sold by that easy going bloke... fair enough, but he most probably obtains it from a violent source.

If one really wanted to celebrate a drug dealers salesmanship etc then why not allow them to study business degrees or whatever.

Drugs bring communities down. Especially heroin and cocaine. They affect people on a large scale and it is a globalised problem.

Within this there is violence, murder, human trafficking and exploitation. It takes a lot for someone to obtain drugs. And a lot of people are affected along the way.

It’s easy and quick money but dangerous and unsafe. It makes people paranoid and leaves them at risk of a criminal conviction.

Then there’s users with substance misuse problems whose lives are destroyed and their families suffer. So it is not as clear cut as celebrating someone’s bright idea of operating within a niche market.

It would be much easier and safer to work a part time job in a take away than to do that nonsense.

Please go and troll somewhere else. Thanks. Maybe give that boys in the hood film a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Not all drug dealers are violent psychos. I know a few that are fairly sound lads.

I know a few that are scum of the earth though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Greyfox wrote: »
    Of course not. Rapists are demonised too and a drug dealer is much worse than a rapist.
    Someone who sells weed or MDMA to friends and acquaintances is worse than someone who carries out rape?
    As an ex drug dealer I can tell you that there are few who make the grade, be it consuming too much product or being robbed violently by competitors
    Wouldn't they also be robbing competitors violently?
    MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Fair play to them. Great to see people take a stand against outdated government policies to bring joy to so many people.
    Socking it to the man. Yeah fair play to the violent heroin dealers who intimidate people and cause misery in their communities. What "joy" does heroin bring?

No of course they should not be revered (and obviously the opening poster is just on a wind-up) but there isn't just one type of drug dealer. They're all foolish to risk their freedom and a criminal record, but not all drug dealers are large-scale dangerous heroin/cocaine dealers/dangerous scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Highly intelligent people had they been born into families in different postal addresses they would be captains of industry

What if I told you some of the most profitable coke dealers in Dublin are private school educated south side boys with dort accents.

• Advertisement

Drug dealers are illegal versions of pubs. It doesn't matter what way you want to word it.. Alcohol and drugs can ruin people, but it's on them. I myself drink too much but how stupid would I sound blaming the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Street pharamacists.

Anyone who rises to the top in that industry is a smart man.

Christy Kinahan Snr the most obvious eg in an Irish sense.

Multiple College Degrees and is considered an expert in criminal law.

A Barrister who defended him once stated that Christy was capable of standing Trial representing himself .

Advertisement