Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's worse Dublin or Cork people?

• 13-12-2018 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Their both pretty bad tbh, but who's the worst? Having lived in both I can safely say Dublin is an awful place with awful people. While Cork to be fair is quite a nice city, the people are just as insufferable if not worse than their Dublin counterparts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If I had to choose, I'd pick Cork over Dublin, both for location and people. I detest Dublin, hate having to go up there, hate the traffic, the layout, the busyness, the people are ignorant and only interested in themselves (in my experience), and they don't think there is anything outside of Dublin. Yes, I'm being generalistic, but buildabridge. Cork people I don't find as insufferable, as you put it. They're easier to talk to, and the city itself isn't too bad in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I think even Dublin people would admit that Cork people are superior, and if they wouldn't it would just be further proof of that fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gowlbags, the lot of 'em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Anti Dubs rant.
    Quelle Surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fordyjames

Lived in Dublin for three years and Cork for two years.

Dublin is by the far the worst city to live in Ireland and is an absolute kip.

Cork was okay.

The commuting in Dublin drove me insane. Now I have an eight minute drive to work and can actually park the car there!!

And back on topic, Cork people are quite funny, dublin people are ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

if your Good craic Dublin is one of the greatest city's it the world with the best people in the world. If your dont like dublin the issue is you need to be more friendly and maybe have a drink. Cork is also grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Hard to tell

Greyfox wrote: »
    if your Good craic Dublin is one of the greatest city's it the world with the best people in the world. If your dont like dublin the issue is you need to be more friendly and maybe have a drink. Cork is also grand.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: - People are just strange. If you think its good craic in Dublin visit any other county in Ireland like Kilkenny for example.

Ah there's no dole bashing thread.. let's just unfairly bash Dublin instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Fair play to you OP, you saw a gap in the stupid thread market and made it your own.

• Advertisement

Their both pretty bad tbh, but who's the worse? Having lived in both I can safely say Dublin is an awful place with awful people. While Cork to be fair is quite a nice city, the people are just as insufferable if not worse than their Dublin counterparts.

You luxuriate in mediocrity, each thread of yours is worse than the last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Everyone in between the two cities are worse in my opinion, just a load of muck savages and silage as far as the eye can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Cork is nice except for the people. Arrogant about absolutely nothing.

Dublin...no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Everyone in between the two cities are worse in my opinion, just a load of muck savages and silage as far as the eye can see.

Not much silage this year unfortunately, bad year for grass growth.

I'm off now, I have sooo much muck savaging to do :p

Cork people are grand, as are most Dubs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Their both pretty bad tbh, but who's the worse?

Go back to school GowlBag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Dubs are sympathisers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've never met a Cork man who wasn't a two faced sleeveen bollox.

I'm a Dub, we're lovely people :D

fordyjames wrote: »
    If you think its good craic in Dublin visit any other county in Ireland like Kilkenny for example.
    I know it's great craic in Dublin. I've been to almost every county in Ireland. Had a great weekend in KK about 6 years ago but if I lived there I might run out of things to do with my time. When your a Dub a lot of others cities are boring in comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Dubs are sympathisers

Rebel county

5741429152_643b5a25cf_b.jpg

Queen+Elizabeth+II+Historic+Visit+Ireland+NCKroKa8nk7l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm a Dub myself

Loved Dublin when I was younger for the social life and having everything pretty much on your doorstep.
    Over time though the price of everything, crap public transport save for a few lines on the south side, crap traffic, and the changing tone of the place (dirt, junkies etc) started to grate and I moved away.
    Would never move back now. Don't even go into the city unless I have to.

Cork I'm in regularly and it's much smaller yet they think it's the equal of Dublin and the attitudes reflect this - it's more a large town with smaller suburban towns that haven't quite been absorbed into the city properly as happened in Dublin.

It's still nice enough to wander around but they are right about the crap infrastructure, even worse public transport, and their M50 (the N40 and tunnel) is actually worse than our M50! It's no cheaper than Dublin either for most things.

Truth be told I wouldn't live in either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Im from Dublin but Id say Cork people are nicer on average. Obviously youll meet plenty of decent dubliners but theres a lot scummers and posh arrogant idiots too

Cork is a very cute little city and very easy to like, and it generally has a much happier and friendlier atmosphere than many parts of dublin too, even though theres a good few places in dublin I really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GowlBagJohnson

You luxuriate in mediocrity, each thread of yours is worse than the last.

That's the name of the game buddy

Greyfox wrote: »
    I know it's great craic in Dublin. I've been to almost every county in Ireland. Had a great weekend in KK about 6 years ago but if I lived there I might run out of things to do with my time. When your a Dub a lot of others cities are boring in comparison

What can you do in Dublin that you can't do in say Kilkenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Leitrim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Stand outside the GPO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Pyr0 wrote: »

I bet there are two things you don't know about.
    1. Tracker Mortgages
    2. Silage
    Thank you and have a nice day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm from Cork.

I like the Dubs actually.

Can I say that?

Or do I have to be a **** like rest of ye?

Walk from the city centre along the coast road enjoying the view of the sea and walk out to dollymount strand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Dont have any problem with Dublin people as such. Theyre usually sound. But it's an awful city. Thrown together in bits and pieces and horrifically overpriced to boot. Cork is grand, prob due to being that bit smaller doesnt feel as bad.

I'd take Belfast over both to be honest.

• Advertisement

I choose option C, Galway.

Overrated, full of (dole) artists, Spanish (cracking birds but impossible to pull), lefty students and just **** in general.

Nice city for a weekend on the lash but don't live there.

You choose option C - and then proceed to thrash Option C?

Are you like trolling yourself or something?

No friend, I'm choosing that Galway is the worst of the lot of them. I'd rather live with the knackers in limerick than the 'bohieamns' in Galway.

Sound, thanks for clearing that up.

It's probably best really we don't have ya. You sound like no craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

If I had to choose between listening to a Northsider or a Norrie........I'd choose the Northsider everyday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

I previously lived in Dublin for 8 years and it was more than enough. Good place to go for a weekend for sure but would absolutely hate to live there permanently. Soulless city, junkies paradise, traffic is OTT, everything is way overpriced for what's on offer etc. Don't know too much about Cork as a city tbh, but don't think there is too much difference between normal Cork & Dublin people in terms of craic.

No problem. Enjoy the buckey and the hipsters in the Roisin.

You sound like a Galwegian in disguise.

Left lonely in the smoking section by the sound of it.

Chin up bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Stand outside the GPO?

You can. You'll be about 100Km outside it mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Cork people are insufferable generally extremely arrogant and full of their own self importance despite their low intelligence. Strangely, I find them sticklers for the rules too no matter how much it might make a lot more sense to bend or break them. Very unlike the rest of the Irish in that sense. In fact they remind me of the English. Also there is compelling evidence to suggest Michael Collins was an agent for Britain intelligence and not a Republican at all. Which makes him a fake. Just like Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I say we gather them all together and let them fight it out. Televised of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm from Cork.

I like the Dubs actually.

Can I say that?

Or do I have to be a **** like rest of ye?

I'm from Dublin and I have great craic with my Cork friends and colleagues...

Can I say that or should I generalise about counties full of people I have and will never meet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Waaaaayyyy too many dole scoungers in Dublin.
    They have the city ruined.

Cork is much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,257 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Southsiders are worse.
    And Cork is technically south of the Liffey.
    But probably the absolute worse is a Cork person in Dublin bleating on about how great Cork is oblivious that their actions speak louder than their words.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Hard to say, they taste similar especially with a some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Their both pretty bad tbh, but who's the worse? Having lived in both I can safely say Dublin is an awful place with awful people. While Cork to be fair is quite a nice city, the people are just as insufferable if not worse than their Dublin counterparts.

I'm from Dublin, love my city and it's people....... I've spent a bit of time in Cork and have to say it's a great city with lovely people.

Trolls from Waterford on the other hand are the lowest form of pond scum known to man.... in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I wonder would the tone of the thread be any different if the title was "Who's better, Dublin or Cork people?"

I like both cities. Prefer Dublin as I simply think it has more going for it. Love how in a country the size of Ireland we have such a range of accents and attitudes and those from Dublin and Cork are equally impressive in each respect in their own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GowlBagJohnson

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I'm from Dublin, love my city and it's people....... I've spent a bit of time in Cork and have to say it's a great city with lovely people.

Trolls from Waterford on the other hand are the lowest form of pond scum known to man.... in my opinion.

Is Waterford that island off the coast of Kerry? I've heard bad things alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is Waterford that island off the coast of Kerry? I've heard bad things alright

Think it was in the new Star Wars... :P

Advertisement