Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sitting in my bedroom making phone calls to family. One of my uncles died suddenly today and we’re absolutely heartbroken. He wasn’t even 50, fit and healthy. They think he had a heart attack. No history of heart disease in our family. I’m in shock. He was one of my favourite uncles and he used to bring us Cornettos whenever he came to visit in the 90’s when we were kids. My mum was so close to him. He took it very hard when she died. I don’t believe in God but I hope he and my mum are looking after each other somewhere.

His kids are still in Secondary school. I’m devastated for them and my aunt.

I was so happy earlier after having a great weekend at a friends hen party. Now I’m fighting to get time off work to go to my uncles funeral. Life eh?

Sorry for your loss SSS .

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

So sorry for your loss SSS .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Sorry for your loss SSS

• Registered Users Posts: 16,422 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Very sorry to hear that SSS, be kind to yourselves over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside about to hit the land of nod,
    Sorry for your trouble SaltSweatSugar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching The Chef Show on Netflix .
    It's making me hungry now , I can hear the kettle and toaster calling me from the kitchen ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, playing quiz planet on facebook

sorry for your loss sss:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

So sorry for your loss SSS.

Bedside watching a documentary. Got asked on a date by a guy who seems very nice. Considering saying I’ll go and just see what happens :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So sorry for your loss SSS

Very sorry for your loss SSS,that's an awful shock for you all xxx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sorry for your loss SSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nespresso time on the balcony with the mutt, 98FM playing in the kitchen.

Just home from walking the boys. Had to carry TJ a bit of the way because he hates the wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Deepest sympathy SSS, must have been a huge shock for you and your family.

At the coalface, very humid morning out there but quite overcast.

Table is set, schollbags are ready, nearly time to wake the troops
    Hopefully the first morning goes OK!

Sympathies to SSS, awful time for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Time to escape..

So sorry for your sudden loss SSS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

My condolences sss.

Supping coffee here. About to hit the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....Somewhere in my heart there is a star that shines for you, silver splits the blue, love will see it through...

Morning all,

Another grey misty one 12C

Kitchenside with coffee..can't wait to get to the salt mines...yea..sure..:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,
    Kitchenside with a coffee, about to head to work soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Monday!!!

Don't want to go to the coalface :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's a fine calm morning and I can't decide what to do. It's a toss up between going fishing or going for a long walk. I want to wax one of the cars later but what to do first????

Standing in work with one arm in the air waiting for wax to dry so I can rip it off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I am sorry SSS. That is an awful blow for all of you. Hope you're feeling as well as can be expected today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside loading up on espresso as I got stuck into watching the new Netflix show; Unbelievable and I was awake until 3am!

Sorry for your loss SSS, I know only too well of losing family members young.

I'd love to be off on a big long walk with the dog with headphones in. I'm in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

fmpisces wrote: »
    Couchside, just after bidding a bittersweet "see you later" to my son. First time in ages I shed a tear after he left (that sounds like I'm normally rejoicing :D - I'm not)....but normally I knew when I'd be seeing him again. Now that's no longer the case. He's off doing his own thing, which I am delighted and so proud of him for, but it finally *hit* me that he's all grown up. 21 in a few weeks. And I'll be doing it all again in a few years. This parenting malarkey, as wonderful as it is, sometimes is a royal pain in the ass.

I hear ya. I used to cry everytime I left one of my boys to the bus back to the big smoke for college. Then I moved away. Now it just hits me out of the blue, like about 10 minutes before I read your post and I tear up and miss my wee babies so much.
    Sitting in my bedroom making phone calls to family. One of my uncles died suddenly today and we’re absolutely heartbroken. He wasn’t even 50, he was very fit and healthy. They think he had a heart attack. No history of heart disease in our family. I’m in shock. He was one of my favourite uncles and he used to bring us Cornettos whenever he came to visit in the 90’s when we were kids. My mum was so close to him. He took it very hard when she died. I don’t believe in God but I hope he and my mum are looking after each other somewhere.

His kids are still in Secondary school. I’m devastated for them and my aunt.

I was so happy earlier after having a great weekend at a friends hen party. Now I’m fighting to get time off work to go to my uncles funeral. Life eh?

I am so sorry to hear this. Did he live in Monaghan by any chance because heard in the early hours of the morning my time of a lovely man aged 48 that I knew dying. So scary when someone who seems fit and healthy dies. This guy was a semi-proffesional footballer years ago and was involved in athletics in our town in the last few years. So sad.

Take care of yourself SSS. x

I am on the sofa, finished my Thailand work for the day, waiting to see if any Irish work will come in and should be doing some Indian work but was up most of the night last night with some sort of stomach bug that had me dying with pains so am doing the minimum today. And tomorrow coz will be spoiling myself a little instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am at work and discovering that there is a reason they gave me a window seat in this office.

It is not so I can enjoy the nice views over Dublin bay.
    It is not because they wanted me to feel like I was getting special treatment.

No, its because these windows are not properly sealed and when the weather gets cold it is a miserable place to see.
    And it’s misty out there so cant even see much of the view. Grump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I am at work and discovering that there is a reason they gave me a window seat in this office.

It is not so I can enjoy the nice views over Dublin bay.
    It is not because they wanted me to feel like I was getting special treatment.

No, its because these windows are not properly sealed and when the weather gets cold it is a miserable place to see.
    And it’s misty out there so cant even see much of the view. Grump.

Aw here...you don't know how good you have it. Mist? Try living in KL at the moment where we have had The Haze for a few weeks now. I can't swim in my pool, I can only go building to car and can barely see the buildings not far from me. Stupid Indonesia burning their palm trees.

This is my 3rd September here and this is the first time I have seen a real Haze.

Kinda glad to be leaving in 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So sorry, SSS, just saw your post. There are no words. Just be there for each other.

Making coffee for a break, after a walk and washing the car, before I get going with waxing etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement