Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

RossieMan wrote: »
    Argentina isn't €5 for the 4k sub?

It is. I have it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Is there any Netflix families on the go?

Currently paying for a Spotify for 5 other parasites, so wouldn’t mind going in on one for Netflix!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

How much work out for 1 user ?
    I could be interested.
    eeloe wrote: »

Currently paying for a Spotify for 5 other parasites, so wouldn’t mind going in on one for Netflix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It is. I have it.

It's not I signed up 2 days ago for it. It's 5 odd euro I for the 4 screen non 4k plan it's about 6.50 for full 4k.

Screenshot-20190228-193302.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I signed up a few weeks ago at 229 for full version. Still the same on my account when I checked there. Must've just recently changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

My Mexican account went up slightly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Page 2 has the spreadsheet link which has some updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Those prices haven’t changed since last year, check the spreadsheet on page 1 of this thread

The Argentine 4k did actually go up 3 or 4 months ago. 299 sounds right. I pay about 7 with the transaction fee. Going to cancel and go Turkey and use Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

eeloe wrote: »

Remember one user could hog the 4 screens unlike Spotify where everyone gets their own account

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Argentine seems to be the cheapest its 299 so around 6.52€ anyone setting the family?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Bought the 4K plan from Turkey around 6 months ago and only finally got a 4K OLED. My word planet earth looks stunning. Well worth the ~€6 I’m paying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

I'll take a place on family account if it's going. Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Did the Mexican price go up or did the peso go up in value ?

Maybe the peso is stronger now, I never thought of the exchange rate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Euro Mxn was 24 odd June 18, 23 in December and has moved down to around current 22.00 to the Euro.
    2016 it was around 16 Mxn to the Euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Got a getflix vpn - but the only option for netflix was mexico - but the ip was so close to usa that Netflix considers it usa - so very little price difference to ireland- signed up anyway.

Gone up to $16 a month now - way too expensive - cancelled netflix today.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Read the last few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Was waiting for my sub to end before signing up in Turkey again and it's asking for a Turkish number now. Have I just gotten unlucky here and they've copped it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Liam O wrote: »
    Was waiting for my sub to end before signing up in Turkey again and it's asking for a Turkish number now. Have I just gotten unlucky here and they've copped it?

I was trying sign up for Turkey few days ago and got the same so i tried argentina and they didnt ask for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Verify later option is there, it’s all in the last page of the thread

I think it's only if you are trying to add a new card. Just 'took the hit' on the Irish card for the first month.

OmegaGene wrote:
    Change the card now to Revolut

What's revolut?

Is it a kind of cheese?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Liam O wrote: »

I signed up in Turkey yesterday. It asks for a Turkish phone number but it’s optional if you want to give one. I just ignored it and had no problem signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

What other payment options are there apart from revolut? Will this work with PayPal? Thanks

kave2 wrote:
    What other payment options are there apart from revolut? Will this work with PayPal? Thanks

Same as normal Netflix. PayPal is accepted. Not sure why you'd want to use it over your debit card though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭cullenswood

It'll work with a normal credit card. Might be just a few cents more expensive when converted back to Euro

Netflix have all the answers but why would you want to use paypal ? Just wasting money really they have a terrible conversion rate

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/41049

I can't use Revolut. That's why I was asking.

Why not it take a few minutes to join, if not then use your regular Irish bank account it would be better than PayPal

Well, not really, the asking for payslips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It'll work with a normal credit card. Might be just a few cents more expensive when converted back to Euro

Will cost more than a few cents if your bank charges you an FX fee for each purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Will cost more than a few cents if your bank charges you an FX fee for each purchase.

Paid with my Ulster Bank card last month instead of my Revolut card. Cost me an extra €1.10, I know its only around a euro but it shows how much better the Revolut exchange rate is.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Netflix have all the answers but why would you want to use paypal ? Just wasting money really they have a terrible conversion rate

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/41049

I have my Revolut attached to Paypal seems to be working ok am I being ripped off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭cullenswood

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    Paid with my Ulster Bank card last month instead of my Revolut card. Cost me an extra €1.10, I know its only around a euro but it shows how much better the Revolut exchange rate is.

Hmmm, I just signed up to the free trial and will be paying via Argentina next month. Will there be an issue if I now change my credit card to a Revolut Card on the Netflix account??

Advertisement