Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tulsi Gabbard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

notobtuse wrote: »
    Girl Guide? Do you ever think before making such comments? Because of her service and the willingness to lay down her life for her country.
    Bonus points aswell for not being captured

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Very insightful for a person under 200 posts.

Boards is accessible to non-members. And historic threads are all there to be read also. So, you know your comment is illogical. And thinking someone's opinion is invalidated because of post-count is also nonsense.

How does that even make sense? You think the Russians thought to themselves "Woops, Robert. Got me. I stop now"?

I also take it that you didn't read the summary of the report into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

It makes much more sense than believing that Russians influenced people via platforms like Facebook to go and vote against their own wishes. Trump won the election fair and square. Get over it.

I'd also refer you to the comment above from Franz - "You guys are literally the modern incarceration of the US imperialist right during the Cold War" - you probably think you are all progressive too. You've been completely duped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

SJW Lover wrote: »
    Boards is accessible to non-members. And historic threads are all there to be read also. So, you know your comment is illogical. And thinking someone's opinion is invalidated because of post-count is also nonsense.

So you've been this opinionated but silent for some time? What triggered you, to use one of your lots Nickelodeonesque Trumpisms?

So you've been this opinionated but silent for some time? What triggered you, to use one of your lots Nickelodeonesque Trumpisms?

Point to where i have ever used the word "triggered"? You see, putting people in boxes when they dont agree with you or insulting them is really not the way to go in these sorts of discussions. As i said on this thread today, nuance isnt a strong point from some on here. The fact you all seem to have a common political leaning is interesting but probably not indicative given the sample size. Interesting nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

SJW Lover wrote: »
    It makes much more sense than believing that Russians influenced people via platforms like Facebook to go and vote against their own wishes. Trump won the election fair and square. Get over it.

I'd also refer you to the comment above from Franz - "You guys are literally the modern incarceration of the US imperialist right during the Cold War" - you probably think you are all progressive too. You've been completely duped.

Duped into believing what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    Girl Guide? Do you ever think before making such comments? Because of her service and the willingness to lay down her life for her country.

I don't think membership of any organisation gives the member defacto honour or respect.
    If she put her life on the line for the U.S. I feel sorry for her unless she did it for her career.

EDIT:
    On August 7, 2018, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported that the Hawaii Army National Guard had instructed Gabbard that a video of her in uniform on her VoteTulsi Facebook page did not comply with military ethics rules.

Oh, dear...

• The "winner" of these debates is very subjective and can be safely disregarded. What matters ultimately is how it changes polling. Right now, Warren and Biden are neck and neck with Bernie a distant third. In fact, Biden's polling has barely changed and it looks like Warren is absorbing Sanders supporters.

With regard to Gabbard, she's barely registering. She'll probably provide some soundbytes for Russia Today and Trumpy twitter but I don't see her having much of a productive impact.

Unadulterated bollocks. Sanders is pissing all over Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Speaking of the 2020 race I’ll say one thing about Fox News (RIP from sky box) it was nearly constant political news machine and I used to get my fix (swerving the clear bias) of US presidential races of the past.

What channel, on sky selection, would I get my late night geopolitical fix now? CNN doesn’t seem to work for me I don’t now why and not interested in websites just a news channel

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

TallyRand wrote: »
    Speaking of the 2020 race I’ll say one thing about Fox News (RIP from sky box) it was nearly constant political news machine and I used to get my fix (swerving the clear bias) of US presidential races of the past.

What channel, on sky selection, would I get my late night geopolitical fix now? CNN doesn’t seem to work for me I don’t now why and not interested in websites just a news channel
    You can only get straight news online now. Jimmy Dore tells it like it is, I recommend The Duran for international news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

How does that even make sense? You think the Russians thought to themselves "Woops, Robert. Got me. I stop now"?

I also take it that you didn't read the summary of the report into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Rupert didn’t get anything. The whole Steele dossier was a farce and the interference was a few tweets. Conversely the US interferes literally everywhere.

Duped into believing what?

Well you are clearly hating on a progressive democrat who opposes war with the catchcalls of a child.

Trump. Russia. Putin. Russia Today.

No thought required.

I’ve opposed American imperialism all my life from the left. It’s pretty disgusting that the American left becomes dominant in Europe at the time when its at its most imperialistic.

We can only hope that sanders or that branch of the party wins, or it could be curtains for us all.

Well you are clearly hating on a progressive democrat who opposes war with the catchcalls of a child.

No thought required.

I’ve opposed American imperialism all my life from the left. It’s pretty disgusting that the American left becomes dominant in Europe at the time when its at its most imperialistic.

We can only hope that sanders or that branch of the party wins, or it could be curtains for us all.
    Tulsi Gabbard is the only one with a chance of beating Trump.
    Of course she appears to be anti war, that won't do.

Of course if sanders does trend to win he will be called a stooge of Putin.

In fact it’s happened already.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/17/indictment-russians-also-tried-help-bernie-sanders-jill-stein-presidential-campaigns/348051002/

And Jill stein too.

https://thinkprogress.org/russia-jill-stein-2016-election-interference-48dff3966227/

Tulsi, Stein, Sanders - all opposed to war, all stooges of Putin.

Tulsi Gabbard is the only one with a chance of beating Trump.
    Of course she appears to be anti war, that won't do.

Well she has no chance. Trump, who isn’t so much anti war as not in favour of as many wars as they would like him to be, was a shock to the establishment and it won’t happen again.

Well she has no chance. Trump, who isn’t so much anti war as not in favour of as many wars as they would like him to be, was a shock to the establishment and it won’t happen again.

I'm not sure, she has decided to toe the line somewhat, notice her approval of impeachment?
    She must know it's a pointless exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Gabbard clearly is not flawless and her previous support of Hindu nationalism is troubling. She also has approximately 0.00001% chance of winning and probably should have waited at least 4 years before running.

However its important that their is someone asking tough questions about foreign policy and she clearly is the strongest on stage about such issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Gabbard clearly is not flawless and her previous support of Hindu nationalism is troubling. She also has approximately 0.00001% chance of winning and probably should have waited at least 4 years before running.

However its important that their is someone asking tough questions about foreign policy and she clearly is the strongest on stage about such issues.

Most of the other so called progressives were hopeless when Trump was plotting regime change , Gabbard was on fire regarding that.

The smear machine has been brutal but to be expected. Its very much the Democrat media establishment still sulking after their beloved Clinton lost to an oaf despite having every advantage you could have.

The Russian stooge stuff is bollocks, but their is a very vocal online Democrat machine who have been calling her that for years and its got through. This machine is very similar to right wing Trumpers.

They deal in basic insults and they bank on their base living in echo chambers and so far both bases are correct.

Clicking the reaction on Twitter to her last night, its the usual democrat establishment bores and right wing centrist dip****s screaming Putin~!!!!.

Ah well.

No thought required.

I guess it's just a coincidence then that this thread is full of Trump supporters and consumers of Russian propaganda fawning over her.

I guess it's just a coincidence then that this thread is full of Trump supporters and consumers of Russian propaganda fawning over her.
    Ca Ca.
    Tulsi knocked it out of the park in last nights debate.
    The two best performers were her and Andrew Yang.
    Go back to haters ville.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

We are the Bots!, we are the bots! we are the, we are the, we are the bots !

Ca Ca.
    Tulsi knocked it out of the park in last nights debate.
    The two best performers were her and Andrew Yang.
    Go back to haters ville.

Dude, you get your news from Jimmy Dore who pushed the Seth Rich conspiracy theory as well as the "Assad did nothing wrong" nonsense.

SexBobomb wrote: »
    We are the Bots!, we are the bots! we are the, we are the, we are the bots !
    We are the free thinkers, you should try it.

Dude, you get your news from Jimmy Dore who pushed the Seth Rich conspiracy theory as well as the "Assad did nothing wrong" nonsense.
    Seth Rich was murdered.
    Assad didn't gas anyone. Truth.

We are the free thinkers, you should try it.

you're fun ..:rolleyes:

you're fun ..:rolleyes:

I am, except when I have to wade through the wall to wall propaganda that you swallow whole.

I am, except when I have to wade through the wall to wall propaganda that you swallow whole.

Such as oh wise mind reader ? We're all very impressed by the way.

Such as oh wise mind reader ? We're all very impressed by the way.

As this is a Tulsi thread, why don't you try watching last nights debate and making your own mind up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

You seem to know a lot about this 'wall to wall propaganda'.
    Go on and give us a few examples of what YOU consider propaganda. I'm genuinely interested.

• Advertisement

You seem to know a lot about this 'wall to wall propaganda'.
    Go on and give us a few examples of what YOU consider propaganda. I'm genuinely interested.
    You need to read Edward Bernays book, Propaganda.

Advertisement