Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

rangler1 wrote: »
    Can be a nightmare to get paid though,
    Unless you know the person well, you're better to insist on insurance

Person is known to the in laws so fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Yeah there alot of gravel where they walk down to the river to drink. For some reason this lot are very fond of digging into it. I do pick the sharpest of the stones every so often
    could you not close off the river and use a drinker ? We did this

whelan2 wrote: »
    could you not close off the river and use a drinker ? We did this

Its a possible but there's a road between the field and the nearest water pipe. That's why we used the river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Suckler

http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/14/08/2014/146152/return-of-valtra39s-bendy-tractor.htm?cmpid=SOC|Facebook|FarmersWeekly|sf4236029|sf4236029

Interesting article - does anyone remember the 'Super-steer' system, did that ever catch on?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Its a possible but there's a road between the field and the nearest water pipe. That's why we used the river.

Could use one of the drinkers where u put pipe into the river and cattle use the nose pump to draw up the water, have done it here. Great job

• Advertisement

Could use one of the drinkers where u put pipe into the river and cattle use the nose pump to draw up the water, have done it here. Great job

Thought of one of them before. Might look into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Bucket and a rope Reggie ;) stuck on N4 here behind an accident just after Sligo. Fixed the clock on the car while waiting though, so that's something.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Bucket and a rope Reggie ;) stuck on N4 here behind an accident just after Sligo. Fixed the clock on the car while waiting though, so that's something.

Too lazy. It's illegal to be on the phone while driving missus :p

Too lazy. It's illegal to be on the phone while driving missus :p

Who says I'm driving! Have to get home to finish baling. Man arrives at 5. Bit o'luck grass that we get every year, no fertiliser but cows go mad for it.

Who says I'm driving! Have to get home to finish baling. Man arrives at 5. Bit o'luck grass that we get every year, no fertiliser but cows go mad for it.

Get in there missus I want proof :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭piebaldskwbald

Car broken into today while at work, some horrible people out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭visatorro

About 400 from connacht agri I think as to go on a concrete base if I remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

visatorro wrote: »
    About 400 from connacht agri I think as to go on a concrete base if I remember correctly

a couple of half railway sleepers and bit of hard core will work also

Car broken into today while at work, some horrible people out there!

Horrible feeling...much if anything taken

Laptop, was in the boot... As well as my wellies, some pots and pans and a sleepbag, watching done deal now, waiting for them to appear :P

Laptop, was in the boot... As well as my wellies, some pots and pans and a sleepbag, watching done deal now, waiting for them to appear :P

Its more the thoughts if someone in your car that would bug me.

We're you at a festival or something

Yeah, me too, apart from the laptop. Have a desktop too, so not too bad I guess.

No, I wasn't. Moving house (pots and pans) and wellies are always in the car. Random stuff to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Pots and pans and sleeping bag? Being used by some homeless person or someone put into temp. accommodation in a hostel perhaps.

Yeah, me too, apart from the laptop. Have a desktop too, so not too bad I guess.

No, I wasn't. Moving house (pots and pans) and wellies are always in the car. Random stuff to take.

Maybe they were on their way to a festival :D

Maybe they were on their way to a festival :D

Quite possible... A new sleepbag will be needed for Electric Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Suckler wrote: »
    http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/14/08/2014/146152/return-of-valtra39s-bendy-tractor.htm?cmpid=SOC|Facebook|FarmersWeekly|sf4236029|sf4236029

Interesting article - does anyone remember the 'Super-steer' system, did that ever catch on?

New holland still offer super steer axle as an option, its a good system and certainly does reduce the turning circle on bigger tractors. But the biggest problem is there's and awful lot of extra wear points on it. Added to that is that the weight carrier is bolted to the axle rather than onto the tombstone of the tractor. Think there may also be a lower weight class on the axle

I'm going to but a concrete base/floor in under the crush as it currently 804. Would 3 inches be thick enough? Max animal would be 600kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Base price

:o Got stuck in the pass bring out the first load of turf. Waiting for reinforcements to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I'm going to but a concrete base/floor in under the crush as it currently 804. Would 3 inches be thick enough? Max animal would be 600kg

I'd say it would but for the sake of it I would go 4" . Seems as you have hoof problems would it be worth forming a shallow footbath in the middle or would it just make a problem getting them to walk through it most of the time

Base price wrote: »
    :o Got stuck in the pass bring out the first load of turf. Waiting for reinforcements to arrive.

Oh the shame :D

moy83 wrote: »
    I'd say it would but for the sake of it I would go 4" . Seems as you have hoof problems would it be worth forming a shallow footbath in the middle or would it just make a problem getting them to walk through it most of the time

Not sure I'll have to get the brain juices flowing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

The ground underneath would want to be good. I don't remember ever putting in concrete on 3" of hardcore. I'd have always used more.
    Do it once, and do it right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Anyone that spends any time in the bog will at some stage bury a load. We've all been there.
    Hateful job if you've to tip the load to get out, otherwise it's not so bad if it comes out with a pull.

Oh the shame :D

A feckin asshole ripped the pass out of it a few weeks ago getting his own turf out. I feel like kicking the bollox out of him next time I see him

• Advertisement

A feckin asshole ripped the pass out of it a few weeks ago getting his own turf out. I feel like kicking the bollox out of him next time I see him

Oh I sank many a 135. We have The same trouble every year with our bank neighbour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

See y'all in September :D:D:D

Nekarsulm wrote: »

If I could id be giving you the finger :D

If you find an area to try Via Ferrata, give it a shot. Nice and easy if you take the green routes. Will ya send me some champagne and photos of blondes please:D

If you find an area to try Via Ferrata, give it a shot. Nice and easy if you take the green routes. Will ya send me some champagne and photos of blondes please:D

Ahem....the cows. Blonde cows.

Ahem....the cows. Blonde cows.

Was going to comment but I thought I'd give you a break ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Jaysus give us all a break!!

Muckit wrote: »
    Jaysus give us all a break!!

Ah you'll keep up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

We call it 'soft chat' round here :D

Muckit wrote: »
    We call it 'soft chat' round here :D

Keep us out of the gutter Muckit :D

Just back home minus tractor and trailer. OH came on the scene and buried it more :eek:
    The guy who cuts the turf is going to bring his track machine in the morning and pull the lot out. He is also going to have a look at the pass and see what he can do with it.
    Worst case scenario we will have to bag the turf and move it out in the transport box :(

• Advertisement

Just back home minus tractor and trailer. OH came on the scene and buried it more :eek:
    The guy who cuts the turf is going to bring his track machine in the morning and pull the lot out. He is also going to have a look at the pass and see what he can do with it.
    Worst case scenario we will have to bag the turf and move it out in the transport box :(

Nasty ya couldn't have tipped the load

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭tanko

I'm hoping to go to a wedding near Nantes on saturday:p. I might bump into you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭eric prydz

Any idea how much to hire a tractor by the day?

Around 20 euros a hour plus your own diesel and insurance but their mainly hired by the month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

tanko wrote: »
    I'm hoping to go to a wedding near Nantes on saturday:p. I might bump into you:D

Jaysus, there will be only a few of us left in Cavan. Enjoy your breaks. Parlez vous francais?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭tanko

Jaysus, there will be only a few of us left in Cavan. Enjoy your breaks. Parlez vous francais?.

Oui, bien sur. :)

Best joke award at this year's Edinburgh comedy festival announced tonight. It was something along tbe lines of
    I've just sold some of the things in my house at car boot sale. Well, it was only collecting dust. :D

Oui, bien sur. :)

Maith an buchaill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Best joke award at this year's Edinburgh comedy festival announced tonight. It was something along tbe lines of
    I've just sold some of the things in my house at car boot sale. Well, it was only collecting dust. :D

I think it was "I just sold my hover all it did was gather dust":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Feel free to throw up a few pictures there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I'm not too far from nantes now. Been in France since Sunday. See ye in September

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement