Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Picked up some fresh loafs today in SuperValu and then spotted a chilli beef with wedges family dinner that was half price. Took the reins for a surprise dinner and there was an amalgamation of food served up that pleased all. A little bit of red wine was also involved.

Fresh crusty bread is one of life's great pleasures.

There's ham in that crusty bread too! I'm still suppin at the table inn. Only me for dinner as Mrs G had the last of yesterdays chicken curry with rice and chips. Ms G had a roasted part boned chicken breast and chips. She hates the skin, but adores the taste of the chicken cooked with the skin on. Don't blame her. I shall view the menu later to see what I want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Grilled Cajun Peppered Salmon with salted and mashed rooster potato served with Cauliflower doused in a cheddar and parmesan sauce.

Washed down with a chilled Trimbach Riesling.

Chocolate Black Forest Soufflé with freshly whipped cream garnished with tangy cherry and lime ganache, lightly minted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Had a 9 inch (pizza)

Fit to burst now, I thought I was hungry but now I feel extremely full.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lasagne and garlic bread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Had a 9 inch (pizza)

Fit to burst now, I thought I was hungry but now I feel extremely full.

Love how you felt the need to put (pizza) in brackets :)

A friend of mine called today and said there was a present for me in the foyer. Went down and there was a bouquet of flowers and huge box of leonidas chocolates which I'm demolishing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Decided that my takeaway this week was a toasted club sandwich , with a side salad of mixed leaves , peppers, sweetcorn, tomato, onion and a little coleslaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Porklife wrote: »
    Love how you felt the need to put (pizza) in brackets :)

A friend of mine called today and said there was a present for me in the foyer. Went down and there was a bouquet of flowers and huge box of leonidas chocolates which I'm demolishing!

It's the only inches I'm getting.

I love those chocolates, especially the fresh cream ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

It's the only inches I'm getting.

I love those chocolates, especially the fresh cream ones.

I hear ya lady...the only good decisions I make when it comes to inches are pizza based:)

The cream ones (chocolates:p) are my favourite ones too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Treated myself to a nice jar of kimchi. Havn't had it in ages

Probably be farting all day tomorrow as a result, enough to fill a yellow drum of gas

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tortilla chips (lidl, not bad, the salted ones, simply maize, sunflower oil and salt. like 35c or something)

Salsa (tesco, €2 really good, lidl were out)

Red wine (lidl, pinotage, this is actually very good, €5+)

I have a bottle of Tabasco habanero sauce handy too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Slowcooker salsa chicken with cous cous and a cold bottle of Erdinger.

Fried bread with a fried egg on top. Scoop of beans on the side. OJ.

Porridge, honey and blueberries. I would ashamed to admit the amount of food I ate yesterday including a 16inch ( shared) last night. Not as exciting as it sounds lol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I cannot stop eating today. Just ate a huge ham, egg salad sandwich, a banana pecan choc chip muffin, a big handful of peanuts and a glass of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Just had a protein shake with a huge spoon of peanut butter, banana and some oats. Soon I will be eating fried black pudding with fried eggs, toast and YR sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Coffee and Tiramisu because I couldn't wait until after dinner to have it :P

A hot roast beef sandwich. I'm just checking it😋

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Couple of rib eyes, some Mexican fried rice y tortillas, limes y salsa. Orale!

Roast beef with gravy. Served up with potato gratin, garlic spuds and garden peas. Girls loved it. The beef sandwich from earlier is still protecting me so I'll indulge later after the football and some more beers. Its taken me over three hours to have three cans.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Cookies & Cream Haagen Dazs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My Sunday dinner? Bread and cheese.

I am such an adult :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Smarties :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Whole grain brown toast spread with half an inch of Kerrygold and lemon curd with a mug of tea. I am a creature of habit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

46 Long wrote: »
    Whole grain brown toast spread with half an inch of Kerrygold and lemon curd with a mug of tea. I am a creature of habit.

Big fan of lemon curd.
    Full respect to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Sausage Roll

Forgot I had a pic of yesterdays dinner. I did the beef for 4 hours so the knife could simply slide through it. Garden peas, potato gratin and garlic spuds on the side. Optional gravy.

IMG-20201116-115753.jpg

I had similar for lunch today, while Ms G has had the last of the beef with mash and gravy. Mrs G opted for a batch cooked chili over spicy wedges and topped with cheese. Therefore I'm treating myself to a bog standard takeaway of chicken curry, rice and chips. The cook needs an odd break.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Giant buttons & a cuppa tea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sirloin steak with the homemade egg fried rice, the fried rice tastes better every time we have it, wouldn't even need meat with it. Had the good old fizzy vitamin drink with it and having a nice cupán tae now.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Forgot I had a pic of yesterdays dinner. I did the beef for 4 hours so the knife could simply slide through it. Garden peas, potato gratin and garlic spuds on the side. Optional gravy.

IMG-20201116-115753.jpg

I had similar for lunch today, while Ms G has had the last of the beef with mash and gravy. Mrs G opted for a batch cooked chili over spicy wedges and topped with cheese. Therefore I'm treating myself to a bog standard takeaway of chicken curry, rice and chips. The cook needs an odd break.:D

That looks divine. I had beef chilli i made yesterday. Bloody hot and spicy with some rice and a bowl of broccoli on the side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yo Grandeeod. That plate looks delicious. Drink'n coffee now.

Advertisement