Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saddest things in the world that bring a tear to you eye....

• 02-09-2019 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭

Droopy jabs long past their perky best.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Sh*t threads on Boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

dinorebel wrote: »
    Sh*t threads on Boards

Don’t be sad cos two out of three ain’t bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

When you see someone you haven't seen for ages and think 'god they've aged a lot.'

Sad films and music.

That I didn't take the time to get to know my grandparents in my teens.

Dead animals on the road. I once counted over 20 animals on the road on a trip back from Carlow to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Kids being dragged up by scummer parents- giving them absolutely no chance at a decent life.

I hate having to write off someone really young, but when you see the 'support' they have at home you can't help but.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Killing an onion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Lonely old people

That snivelling weasel Simon Harris.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Single Pour Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

That snivelling weasel Simon Harris.

Simon Harris makes you cry? Seems a powerful physical response he can affect in you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Would bring a tear to a glass eye, so it would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Seeing kids getting written off because their parents are scummers.

Oh and judging people because of the clothes they wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Seeing kids getting written off because their parents are scummers.

I used to volunteer at a youth club in the inner city. The kids had no one at home who supported their education, no one to show them how they could reach their potential. Even the bright ones with inquisitive minds had such a slim chance- their schools were sub par and overstretched (and massively under resourced) and us being with them once a week wasn't going to make that big a diff (I still did the best I could with positive reinforcement, telling them when they said something interesting etc etc). It's just how it is for whole sections of society and it breaks your heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Mistreated animals. My friend does some work in an animal shelter in Waterford and they took in a pony recently travellers were supposed to be in charge of, so she got hit by a car wandering around the halting site and her foal was killed, then they took her back and she was savaged by their dogs.
    Anyway the pony is happy now in the rescue centre, but the pictures of the little guy broke my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Devon Toner who’s lankiness was his ultimate downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Bringing my daughter to the creche this morning and there was a broken egg on the ground that had fallen out of a nest overhead. Don't know why, but it made we feel sad for the poor bird.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

tumblr_m2qx16qYcI1ro2e97.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Instantly changeable weather in Ireland

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-23752-1357858361-5.gif?downsize=700:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

I will never forget the time going home from galway and we only had our train tickets and about 2 euro left and I was starving so went to get something from the vending machine and it got wedged and wouldn't come out. The hopelessness :(

Someone overhead me complaining about it and gave me money so I went for the same thing again and the two things came out. I was overjoyed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Undividual

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Lonely old people

Tinder.

The amount of women who don't even want to show their own face to a potential sexual partner makes me surprisingly sad. Also, those people who try to hide within their own profile photos by putting up multiple group ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Undividual

jester77 wrote: »
    Bringing my daughter to the creche this morning and there was a broken egg on the ground that had fallen out of a nest overhead. Don't know why, but it made we feel sad for the poor bird.

I too know the boundless sadness of being cucked...

• Advertisement

Tammy! wrote: »
    I will never forget the time going home from galway and we only had our train tickets and about 2 euro left and I was starving so went to get something from the vending machine and it got wedged and wouldn't come out. The hopelessness :(

Someone overhead me complaining about it and gave me money so I went for the same thing again and the two things came out. I was overjoyed :)

Obviously you offered the second item to the gratuity of the donation...

nthclare wrote: »

I did but they said no it was ok :)

I did but they said no it was ok :)

Well done, it's always good when the generosity does a full circle...

Your lucky day Tammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

nthclare wrote: »
    Probably didnt want to underine the feel good factor of the benefactor so kept it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Mistreated animals. My friend does some work in an animal shelter in Waterford and they took in a pony recently travellers were supposed to be in charge of, so she got hit by a car wandering around the halting site and her foal was killed, then they took her back and she was savaged by their dogs.
    Anyway the pony is happy now in the rescue centre, but the pictures of the little guy broke my heart.

We took in a lurcher for foster until he recovered that the travelers owned and mistreated last year. Seems to be a common problem with this "ethnic grouping" that's getting worse. But yeah would break your heart..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

My daughter just started school today and there's a kid with cancer in their class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Whenever I read about the fire that destroyed the great Library of Alexandria.

It was nearly two thousand years ago but my heart still breaks.

https://ehistory.osu.edu/articles/burning-library-alexandria

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Hotels in small Irish towns turned into direct provision centres.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

When you and all your friends spend all weekend littering and a Native American comes along and sees the mess and a tear comes out of one eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

Stray dogs on the road break my heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Young people who are really rude and disrespectful to very kind and giving parents

Seeing photos or texts from people you used to be close with but have drifted apart from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Looking at me bank balance after a night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

A kick in the goolies always brings a tear to my eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Stan27 wrote: »
    Stray dogs on the road break my heart.

This lad seemed happy enough

Even owned his own gun

Different times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

vriesmays wrote: »
    Hotels in small Irish towns turned into direct provision centres.

Are you sad for the guys staying there?
    The staff in the place, for the hotel?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Oh and judging people because of the clothes they wear.
    That makes you sad?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

'Butterfly Kisses' by Bob Carlisle, tears every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

Little kids suffering whether starving or living in war torn places I can’t take it. Saddest was the little girl and her dad who drowned in us border that affected me for days. Also kids who are terminally ill just can’t fathom the cruelty of life sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

My daughter just started school today and there's a kid with cancer in their class.

That's horrible. :(

I hope she will be ok. I also hope your daughter will be ok emotionally.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

3 legged dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,539 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Watching a less than charming parent screaming profanities at their children.
    Animal cruelty.
    Elderly people who look lonely.
    The tax deductions on my payslip.

When I see news of babies being hurt.
    Breaks my heart

sabat wrote: »
    3 legged dogs
    Sometimes they can make you happy. :p

ella-.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Dead animals on the road. I once counted over 20 animals on the road on a trip back from Carlow to Dublin.

are you sure that wasn't drunk locals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The video of the taxi driver that was punched and racially abused really got me, the part that really got me was when he was whimpering at the end while driving away. My heart broke for the man

What's happening in Hong Kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Dogs that never get a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Childen committing suicide. That one story about the little girl from Templeogue a couple of years ago is profoundly tragic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Dogs that never get a walk.

My dog isn't able for walks anymore, he's just about able for a potter in the garden and then I look at people with big dogs that never get out. Owners should be shot

• Advertisement
Advertisement