Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest things in the world that bring a tear to you eye....

Options
  • 02-09-2019 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭

Droopy jabs long past their perky best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Sh*t threads on Boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

dinorebel wrote: »
    Sh*t threads on Boards

Don’t be sad cos two out of three ain’t bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

When you see someone you haven't seen for ages and think 'god they've aged a lot.'

Sad films and music.

That I didn't take the time to get to know my grandparents in my teens.

Dead animals on the road. I once counted over 20 animals on the road on a trip back from Carlow to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Kids being dragged up by scummer parents- giving them absolutely no chance at a decent life.

I hate having to write off someone really young, but when you see the 'support' they have at home you can't help but.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Killing an onion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Lonely old people

That snivelling weasel Simon Harris.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Single Pour Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

That snivelling weasel Simon Harris.

Simon Harris makes you cry? Seems a powerful physical response he can affect in you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Would bring a tear to a glass eye, so it would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Seeing kids getting written off because their parents are scummers.

Oh and judging people because of the clothes they wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Seeing kids getting written off because their parents are scummers.

I used to volunteer at a youth club in the inner city. The kids had no one at home who supported their education, no one to show them how they could reach their potential. Even the bright ones with inquisitive minds had such a slim chance- their schools were sub par and overstretched (and massively under resourced) and us being with them once a week wasn't going to make that big a diff (I still did the best I could with positive reinforcement, telling them when they said something interesting etc etc). It's just how it is for whole sections of society and it breaks your heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Mistreated animals. My friend does some work in an animal shelter in Waterford and they took in a pony recently travellers were supposed to be in charge of, so she got hit by a car wandering around the halting site and her foal was killed, then they took her back and she was savaged by their dogs.
    Anyway the pony is happy now in the rescue centre, but the pictures of the little guy broke my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Devon Toner who’s lankiness was his ultimate downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Bringing my daughter to the creche this morning and there was a broken egg on the ground that had fallen out of a nest overhead. Don't know why, but it made we feel sad for the poor bird.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

tumblr_m2qx16qYcI1ro2e97.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Instantly changeable weather in Ireland

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-23752-1357858361-5.gif?downsize=700:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

I will never forget the time going home from galway and we only had our train tickets and about 2 euro left and I was starving so went to get something from the vending machine and it got wedged and wouldn't come out. The hopelessness :(

Someone overhead me complaining about it and gave me money so I went for the same thing again and the two things came out. I was overjoyed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Undividual

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Lonely old people

Tinder.

The amount of women who don't even want to show their own face to a potential sexual partner makes me surprisingly sad. Also, those people who try to hide within their own profile photos by putting up multiple group ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Undividual

jester77 wrote: »
    Bringing my daughter to the creche this morning and there was a broken egg on the ground that had fallen out of a nest overhead. Don't know why, but it made we feel sad for the poor bird.

I too know the boundless sadness of being cucked...

• Advertisement

Tammy! wrote: »
    I will never forget the time going home from galway and we only had our train tickets and about 2 euro left and I was starving so went to get something from the vending machine and it got wedged and wouldn't come out. The hopelessness :(

Someone overhead me complaining about it and gave me money so I went for the same thing again and the two things came out. I was overjoyed :)

Obviously you offered the second item to the gratuity of the donation...

nthclare wrote: »

I did but they said no it was ok :)

Tammy! wrote: »
    I did but they said no it was ok :)

Well done, it's always good when the generosity does a full circle...

Your lucky day Tammy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

nthclare wrote: »
    Probably didnt want to underine the feel good factor of the benefactor so kept it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Mistreated animals. My friend does some work in an animal shelter in Waterford and they took in a pony recently travellers were supposed to be in charge of, so she got hit by a car wandering around the halting site and her foal was killed, then they took her back and she was savaged by their dogs.
    Anyway the pony is happy now in the rescue centre, but the pictures of the little guy broke my heart.

We took in a lurcher for foster until he recovered that the travelers owned and mistreated last year. Seems to be a common problem with this "ethnic grouping" that's getting worse. But yeah would break your heart..

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

My daughter just started school today and there's a kid with cancer in their class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Whenever I read about the fire that destroyed the great Library of Alexandria.

It was nearly two thousand years ago but my heart still breaks.

https://ehistory.osu.edu/articles/burning-library-alexandria

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Hotels in small Irish towns turned into direct provision centres.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

When you and all your friends spend all weekend littering and a Native American comes along and sees the mess and a tear comes out of one eye.

Advertisement