Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100% renewable electricity companies, bull****.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

I think it's a pity that people get incensed over this kind of thing. If the company has 1000 customers they have to produce enough energy from renewable sources to put that into the grid. If they increase to 10,000 customers then they have to increase their supply accordingly.

Expecting this to be filtered out and supplied in a seperate cable would be ludicrous. Most people of average intelligence would figure out that it's connected up to the existing grid and the electricty I'm using to power my device typing this post may or may not have been from a renewable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

It's like when Dick Roche claimed in 2006 that we wouldn't import any nuclear-generated electricity from the inter-connectors back in 2006.

He was a right fcuking idiot though.

Yeah,wtf would Dickie Rock know about the electric...Stick to the cabaret singing big ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Yeah,wtf would Dickie Rock know about the electric...Stick to the cabaret singing big ears.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Think the OP has a fair point. No consistent supply at the time of required use currently relies solely on either direct or stored renewable energy, but relies on fossil fuel supply to a degree (AFAIK).

OP, write to whatever lame advertising regulator we have and tell us how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    tom1ie wrote: »
    Sse, energia. How can they brag about providing 100% clean electricity when their electricity is “mixed in” with fossil fuel generated electricity, in the transmission and distribution network? Surely this is misleading customers.
    Some people seem to think the electricity they are using in their house comes straight from a wind farm exclusively!

Electricity can never be 100% renewable.

Well, theoretically if you have a big enough battery bank plus solar and wind you live "off grid" and live on 100% electricity. But on a large scale we are not there at the moment and companies are misleading their customers.

• Advertisement

I think it's a pity that people get incensed over this kind of thing. If the company has 1000 customers they have to produce enough energy from renewable sources to put that into the grid. If they increase to 10,000 customers then they have to increase their supply accordingly.

Expecting this to be filtered out and supplied in a seperate cable would be ludicrous. Most people of average intelligence would figure out that it's connected up to the existing grid and the electricty I'm using to power my device typing this post may or may not have been from a renewable source.

Yes agreed. However the company are not advertising this. They advertise 100% renewable. Which is ridiculous

boombang wrote: »
    Think the OP has a fair point. No consistent supply at the time of required use currently relies solely on either direct or stored renewable energy, but relies on fossil fuel supply to a degree (AFAIK).

OP, write to whatever lame advertising regulator we have and tell us how you get on

Exactly. I could write to the regulator......but really I just came on here to moan!!

Advertisement