Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Egg offers!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

sporina wrote: »
    not in my experience... my local Tesco had loads after Easter last year.. even Lindt bunnies.. and they wer practically giving them away..

Yep even lidnt bunnies were reduced post Easter on previous years - won't happen this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Lots of after eight eggs in eurogiant today. 2 for €15. No other eggs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I miss the bounty Easter egg. I don't think there were any this year. The shell was coconut nd chocolate. It was delish.
    I also like the Ferrero egg which has the nutty shell, but it a bit pricey for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ive gone into Tesco a couple of years now on an Easter Bank Holiday Monday hoping to get some discounted eggs and there wasnt a single egg anywhere dont mind a discounted one. Would doubt they will have another delivery as its a seasonal item and theyll need the shelf space for whatever summer seasonal items are being delivered next week.

Still strange that they sold out so quick, Id say with the 5 for 5 offers people are really piling into them. For parents who left it to this week there are going to be kids left only with an After Eight egg if theyre lucky
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    So happy i stocked up early

Problem with me is if I stock up on them early I'll also eat them early. 2 or 3 days is about the height of my resistance when there is chocolate lying about :o

not in my experience... my local Tesco had loads after Easter last year.. even Lindt bunnies.. and they wer practically giving them away..

What? That's exactly what I just posted.. Almost word for word :confused:

I've never worked retail management, but from chatting with a centra owner 2-3 years back, he said they make orders in advance, of X amount of eggs, and sometimes they don't always get there in time for easter. So Easter comes and goes and a delivery of easter eggs arrives, so they immediately go on the discount and clearance shelves to get rid of them.

It's been like that in my Centra(s), Tesco and even Dunnes for years and years. In the 2-3 days leading up to Easter there's not an egg to be found (expect perhaps a handful of very expensive ones), and then in the couple of days after easter there are a million eggs on the shelves, but they clear out in record time as they're sold for a pittance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

sorry i meant that in my experience stores did not sell out before Easter - and remaining stock was discounted the following week.. doesn't seem to be the case this year.. i doubt if they will be restocked after Easter but we'll see..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,387 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I've never worked retail management, but from chatting with a centra owner 2-3 years back, he said they make orders in advance, of X amount of eggs, and sometimes they don't always get there in time for easter. So Easter comes and goes and a delivery of easter eggs arrives, so they immediately go on the discount and clearance shelves to get rid of them.

Any retail manager worth their salt would refuse the post-Easter delivery. Why would they accept reduced margin on a late delivery when they have plenty of other product they can put on the shelves? They'll only discount when they really have to - when they have ordered too much and need to clear it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Any retail manager worth their salt would refuse the post-Easter delivery. Why would they accept reduced margin on a late delivery when they have plenty of other product they can put on the shelves? They'll only discount when they really have to - when they have ordered too much and need to clear it quickly.

Depends on the price they get the late delivery for?
    If they get them cheap enough, they can still make money by selling at a big discount to rrp especially when people haven't been able to get them up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't agree tbh marks and spencer especially tends to have a tonne of easter stock on sale the week after

Was in an M&S today and no easter chocolate stock of any description left! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭EarWig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Peter File wrote: »

After 8s are not really a kids type of chocolate i suppose

To be fair, this isn't really a Covid thing. In almost every year I can remember, all of my local shops were sold out of eggs on the friday before Easter. Everyone starts panic buying mid-week of easter and the stock runs out before the sunday.

Been that way for years. There'll be another delivery of eggs to shops, probably on monday, and they'll be practically giving them away to get rid.

well - any post discounted Easter Eggs around KKV? ;)

well - any post discounted Easter Eggs around KKV? ;)

Ooh, I'm not sure. I was in one of my local Centra's earlier, and seen their egg display (which still had a lot of the '3 for €5' sized eggs on it) but it was a flying visit, so I didn't check how many were there, or what the price was. I'll be back again tomorrow morning and have a mooch, though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭crayon80

Dunnes are doing Creme eggs and reese's PB eggs 5 for a euro but no stock.

was just in a DS and TS and not an Easter Egg in sight - a few Malteser Bunnies on offer in TS - that was it.. pretty much as I expected.. ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

crayon80 wrote: »
    Dunnes are doing Creme eggs and reese's PB eggs 5 for a euro but no stock.

Tesco have big boxes of the Creme Eggs- same price 20c each, but no Reeses eggs. Loads of the Creme Eggs even today (Fonthill)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Aldi in Trim had loads of cream eggs (actual easter eggs) 3 for €3. I i missed out this year and got the kids 'alternative' easter treats instead. then of course today there they were!! :o ah well. they were happy out anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ruth123456

These reduced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

ruth123456 wrote: »
    These reduced yet?

Nope, mine only got theirs 3 days ago so I really doubt they'll be reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Throwback to June last year when I saw a 75% off sale from Thorntons UK. :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113749713&postcount=171

That was some Haul and luckily I didn't get diabetes due to sharing about half of them and giving away the others! :D

Unfortunately with Brexit its probably not viable to do it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

After 8 eggs buy 1 get 1 free in eurogiant

audi02 wrote: »
    After 8 eggs buy 1 get 1 free in eurogiant

lucky for those who like After 8..
    Wish I hadda got a few more Lindt EG's.. the shell's are yum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Difficult to find mince pies after this Christmas too.

:rolleyes:

KOR101 wrote: »

yes - and no more sprouts either :(:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

KOR101 wrote: »

Actually lidl we’re still selling mince pies in February

yes - and no more sprouts either :(:D:D

i got sprouts in TS today woo hoo.. (slow Friday :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I saw them being sold off for €4 in Eurogiant yesterday, about 20 left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭JohnMcm1

Sure what would you want an Easter egg now for? You're not going to hold on to them and give them to someone next year are you 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭crayon80

Theres nothing left to reduce anywhere near me. M&S had one dairy free egg, half price. Dealz creme eggs 3 for E1.50.
    Some run on eggs this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

crayon80 wrote: »
    Theres nothing left to reduce anywhere near me. M&S had one dairy free egg, half price. Dealz creme eggs 3 for E1.50.
    Some run on eggs this year.

There was a mad scramble, all right.

Advertisement