Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Art/Craft Stores and supplies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 H_D_

Hello there, does anyone know any shops in Dublin that sell t-shirt heat transfer paper? You know, you print onto it then iron it on to t-shirts. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Crafty Alley

Hi - not in Dublin but you could call Smart Customwear in Killarney on 0876166240 or email them on [email protected] who might be able to pint you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 H_D_

Hi - not in Dublin but you could call Smart Customwear in Killarney on 0876166240 or email them on [email protected] who might be able to pint you in the right direction.

cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

H_D_ wrote: »
    Hello there, does anyone know any shops in Dublin that sell t-shirt heat transfer paper? You know, you print onto it then iron it on to t-shirts. Thanks.

PCWorld should have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Could anyone tell me what is the nearest shop to Celbridge for artists' quality materials, especially canvases? I'm sick of driving into Dublin and having to find parking, and it's difficult to find the time. Most of the smaller shops around here tend to sell only student quality material.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Kennedy's or O'Sulivan Graphics would send it out to you if you asked.

I bet the postage would be a lower cost than an inner city carpark, never mind the time commuting there and back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

coolwings wrote: »
    Kennedy's or O'Sulivan Graphics would send it out to you if you asked.

I bet the postage would be a lower cost than an inner city carpark, never mind the time commuting there and back.
    Thanks, coolwings. Having the canvases sent out would be OK for most paintings. However, I like to examine them carefully before buying in case they have knots in particular areas. All canvases have them, but one of these in a strategic place in a portrait could appear like a wart. Also, I love browsing in art shops and keeping up to date with new materials and equipment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The Raven. wrote: »
    .... I like to examine them carefully before buying in case they have knots .... Also, I love browsing in art shops .....

I know what you mean :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 knitcrazy

a new online storing selling cardmaking scrapbooking and knitting supplies 100g balls of double knit start at only €1.99 a ball check it out

www.cathshandcrafts.com

MOD: Website no longer active (14/01/21)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭CaramelBear

I love this thread :D

I've just started getting into the business of cardmaking/scrapbooking and was at a loss as to where I can get some good, cheap supplies. Thumbs up y'all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 anndow123

there is a new online shop we sell foil printed banners and lots of handmade papers we are cheap and very quick with delivery:D
    www.midlandcraftsupplies.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

If anyone is interested : CraftFactory.ie are having a closing down sale soon so log on and have a look - there are already some good bargains there at the mo.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Hey guys,

Is the art supplies shop in NCAD still open? I saw a post for this already in this thread but it dates back to 2005.

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Doozie wrote: »
    Is the art supplies shop in NCAD still open? I saw a post for this already in this thread but it dates back to 2005

To answer my own question; the nearest art shop to NCAD is 2Art, just past the college on the right hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SpiceLMF

These are great suggestions... I'm wondering if any of these carry fabric dyes, sewing or embroidery thread... and any other sewing notions for that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Hey,
    Could any of you tell me where(in dublin preferably) I could get leather paints, like paints that are waterproof and crack resistant for leather.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Hi all, anyone know anywhere in Dublin or Kildare that stocks Testor spray paint? Or anywhere that ships to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Hey Varkov,
    Are the paints for general arts carafts or general painting?
    There is a small shop in Dublin that stock huge ammounts of spray paints, markers and canvasses.
    You can get 400ml of paint for 4 Euro, best value around.
    http://www.all-cityrecords.com/index.php/contact/
    There is a map for you to it in Temple bar, they also ship out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 donalruane

hi folks

need to know where i can buy a colourless blender pen. it is used for sketching etc but you can also use the clear one to transfer images onto different surfaces. have seen some results and it is really cool.

there is one made by chartpak but i have no idea where to get one.

any help appreciated.

thanks

donal

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deckysafe

does anybody know where i could get a second hand electric potters wheel ?

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ms. pitstop

Hello

Does anyone know of shops in Dublin that have a good range of wool, knitting needles etc? Been looking around but can't find any!

Thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭magwea

I'm looking for a sliding shelf cabinet (A1 and A2) for my drawings, i've seen these around before but i can't remember the retail store. Would be happy to buy them online should if the price is right.

Anyone know of a website or retailer where i might be able to find these. I've looked through the suppliers that have been linked to on the thread with no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KJSparkz

Stars and Bows Hobbies and Crafts located in 5 Dominick Place Mullingar do Cardmaking,candle making,jewellery cross-stitch,stamping,scrapbooking quilling stuff as well as model kits and warhammer. They will also take orders for stuff.

MOD: Cannot find any mention of this shop on the web (14/01/21)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JenK

magwea wrote: »
    I'm looking for a sliding shelf cabinet (A1 and A2) for my drawings, i've seen these around before but i can't remember the retail store. Would be happy to buy them online should if the price is right.

Anyone know of a website or retailer where i might be able to find these. I've looked through the suppliers that have been linked to on the thread with no luck.

hey........did you have any joy in remembering that retail place?the only thing that iv seen that relatively close to it is an A2 sliding flat cabinet in the new IKEA catalogue at £75. im looking for a A1 size, there expensive online and as far i can see not in ireland. im nearly thinking about making something, if anyone has any suggestions let us know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭magwea

Thanks for the reply,

I've been too busy and haven't been pursuing the shelves but i am certainly still interested. Like i said last time i remember seeing them in Dublin at an art supply retailer, so they are definitely available somewhere, and at the customary price I'm sure. Still can't find anything online about them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 smithrdn

I will try once at least the stores which are:) within my proximity.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

hey guys one again I have come across this intresting topic by accident but I can tell you that Inspiring ideas is not in the stpehens green S.C the only outlet now is in Blanch in the retailpark with smiths and 53degrees north etc. but there is an internet site www.inspiringideas.com (think it may be experiencing a few problems at the mo as I havent been able to access it!) but you can shop online there they'll post most of the craft items out to you or you can go collect well anything else you ordered, its pretty good and handy! :)
    and by the by I saw a few questions that I have the answer for-1.The raven asked about canvasses- inspiring ideas stock numerous shapes and sizes all on display and they are nearly always there in most sizes..
    2.Ms.Pitstop i think for balls of woll you have to go to Hickeys in the City Centre but not 100%sure
    3.SpiceLMF you were looking for embroidery and sewing and whatnot well all that can be gotten in inspiring ideas too, Great ranges of thread etc...

Hope to have helped!
    G'day all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 knitcrazy

hey guys another one to add to the list

www.cathshandcrafts.com

mags

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mardybum

I have to say that despite the rip off vibe that Easons give off, I often find that its just as or cheaper than Evans.

I generally go to Easons, check out what they have and then walk over to Evans to compare. For notebooks, sketchpads etc, easons seems to be cheaper. Also for the small packs of paints, pencils etc. You know the type - 12 small tubes of acyril/watercolour etc. Also Easons have more sales, and better opening hours.

You do have to compare though, once I spent 15e on lino cutting tools in Easons that were on sale in Evans for 7.50! The staff really haven't got a clue in Easons either.

Evans usually don't give a student discount on sale, or already discounted items (which I think is a bit mean), and Easons do give 10% off Art supplies for students, regardless of sales.

Also, the Winsor & Newton fixitive for charcoal etc is NOT as good as the more generic branded, and half the price Artist Soft Fixitive (by Create), I find this for a lot of stuff. Unless you're a proffesional artist I guess, you really don't need to buy the more expensive branded stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ms. pitstop

mardybum wrote: »
    Also, the Winsor & Newton fixitive for charcoal etc is NOT as good as the more generic branded, and half the price Artist Soft Fixitive (by Create), I find this for a lot of stuff. Unless you're a proffesional artist I guess, you really don't need to buy the more expensive branded stuff.

Have you tried using hairspray as a fixitive? Any old kind will do and I've always found it works pretty well.

Advertisement