Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2020 PGA Championship Thread

Options

Comments

Wayne "Radar" Riley, "sometimes it gets too warm to drink tea". I reckon he's been drinking something a little stronger this evening. Meanwhile the ESPN coverage is fixated on Haotong Li hitting balls on the range, with McGinley forecasting his impending doom. Fascinating, as Alliss would ingeniously mumble.

Par for Shane on 14, steady as she goes coming home.

Lowry in a fairway so hopefully he can make a birdie and an easy hole after too

Lowry in a fairway so hopefully he can make a birdie and an easy hole after too

You called it. Hit a beaut to five feet and wasn't snatching at another. Keep the head for three more holes and the weekend is a blank canvas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

You called it. Hit a beaut to five feet and wasn't snatch at another. Keep the head for three more holes and the weekend is a blank canvas.

Birdie! Steady as she goes. Par, Bird, Par fin would put a spring back into his step.

Shot tracker so insanely beind even on the official site

• Advertisement

Par for Shane could have done with 1 there

i think Lowry has 6ft putt on 18 for Par and fin Even Par
    edit
    drained it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

callaway92 wrote: »
    I really like Koepka and McIlroy here. Lesser so Morikawa and massive odds Cameron Champ.

Obviously nobody has true course form but McIlroy won the WGC World Matchplay in 2015 on this course (albeit when in his peak of powers)

Koepka and Champ nice interests for betting going into the weekend. Morikawa had a disappointing back 9 and McIlroy’s triple bogey killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I presume the posters who always give out about Rahms temper have done the same about Shane after he broke the club over his knee!!!

Golf is a frustrating game and these things tend to happen unfortunately. Always nice to see a bit of passion in the players. Shows some personality at least.

Rory getting plenty of plaudits online about his honesty with the ruling he got. Majority of other players wouldn’t have done the same I suspect. Scandalous of him to take a triple on 12. A bogey wouldn’t have been the worst but he just undone so much good work.

Realistically the leading score is 6 under as its hard to see Li stay out on top. Leaderboard is well stacked and anybody from even is still in with a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Didn't see much of it last night what was the ruling with Rory?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

A reporter accidentally stood on Rory's ball. Official offered him a lie which was 'too good ' theres a Twitter message a few posts back. Really classy from him.

Missed all the late drama. Went to bed just after midnight, just before Rory's great run and triple and Shane's meltdown.

And really sorry to see what happened to Kaymer, great confidence building round on Thursday. just one back, then shoots 82 last night to miss the cut by 7 shots. A once great player whose career faded badly.

Someone stepped on his ball that was in the rough. Took a drop but then said to ref that he felt the lie was too good so he made the lie worse and played away!!

As above!!

Hopefully his little good gesture comes back in good karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I presume the posters who always give out about Rahms temper have done the same about Shane after he broke the club over his knee!!!

Golf is a frustrating game and these things tend to happen unfortunately. Always nice to see a bit of passion in the players. Shows some personality at least.

It's gas that showing emotion is seen as a good thing in almost every other sport, it shows drive, passion, a will to win, a never day die attitude.

In golf its a big no no.
    Never got that.

Golfers like Hatton, Wallace and Rahm get absolutely slaughtered online for it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Ah I'm all for passion but snapping a club over your knee is just stupid and always should be ridiculed. I remember being up at RCD a few years ago and saw Shane damage his putter in temper early in the round and then had to putt with his wedge for the rest of the day... which he was actually quite good at :D

I'm hoping he can put last night's poor round behind him and press on over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

HighLine wrote: »
    Ah I'm all for passion but snapping a club over your knee is just stupid and always should be ridiculed. I remember being up at RCD a few years ago and saw Shane damage his putter in temper early in the round and then had to putt with his wedge for the rest of the day... which he was actually quite good at :D

I'm hoping he can put last night's poor round behind him and press on over the weekend!

Agreed.

Can’t be a case of when it’s Lowry ‘it’s nice to see some passion’ but if it’s a DeChambeau type person there’d be uproar and we’d have seen a hundred clips of it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It's gas that showing emotion is seen as a good thing in almost every other sport, it shows drive, passion, a will to win, a never day die attitude.

In golf its a big no no.
    Never got that.

Golfers like Hatton, Wallace and Rahm get absolutely slaughtered online for it.

That's because most other sports benefit from adrenaline, golf doesn't. It also, for me, shows a lack of control.
    How many of the top golfers of all time break clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Breaking a club or throwing it in a lake has no penalty when you get free clubs.
    If they were not allowed that club (and only 13 clubs) for the rest of the tournament it would stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Shane has just gone from -2 after 4 to +1 after 6. Three putted two greens in a row. Just not putting well enough at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

McGinley spent 2 hours yesterday telling us all how Haotong Li is overdoing the practice, and that he will fall away, overdid his analysis a bit, relax dude. I enjoyed some of his stuff yesterday though wasn't as bad as usual

Those pins on 12 and 13 are scary hard.

If JT can finish his round where he is; I don’t think he will be that far away come end of today’s play.

Wind is continuously blowing, pins are tough and greens are firming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 cknfriedrice1

Those pins on 12 and 13 are scary hard.

If JT can finish his round where he is; I don’t think he will be that far away come end of today’s play.

Wind is continuously blowing, pins are tough and greens are firming up.

If he hadn’t of made those couple of bogeys on 8 & 9 I would have been reaching for the Paddy Power app however I still think he is a couple of shots too far back to really challenge come late tomorrow night.

One step forward followed inevitably by one step back from Rory. So frustrating. His driving has let him down a number of times this week. Miles offline on 6 after getting his 1st birdie of the die.

Lowry fin with Birdie on 18 and -1.
    Had some mad card from 4th to 10th hole
    Birdie, Bogey, Double Bogey, Birdie, Par, Bogey, Birdie,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Will the last group be out as late tomorrow? Reckon it will be nearly 4am before they are finished tonight. I think the US Open at Pebble last year finished around 1am on the Sunday cos I remember staying up for it but no way I will manage it this year if it’s this late.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Why don’t they show champ? Longest hitter, top 5 on leaderboard and yet so coverage of of him

Cameron who?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Jaysus, Rose’s nose is looking very red and he’s doing a lot of rubbing at it. Hope it’s allergies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭bren2001

fullstop wrote: »
    Jaysus, Rose’s nose is looking very red and he’s doing a lot of rubbing at it. Hope it’s allergies!

I hope you mean COVID and not the white stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Boned it over the green. Jeez they are human

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

bren2001 wrote: »
    I hope you mean COVID and not the white stuff.

Why on earth would you be sniffing coke going out to play in a major :D

Advertisement