Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 2020 PGA Championship Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Casey’s smugness will be off the charts with a win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Shame the odds meant I couldn't back Schauffele each way but regardless disappointed with him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm a massive fan of Sergio and Patrick Reed too.

I basically love the people who everyone else hates :D

But. But. Casey?
    He’s on a different level to those lads!
    Casey is like a cross between Darren Clarke and Tom Cruise.All rolled into one slime ball!!

You think of that era of English golfers Casey, Ross Fisher, Donald, Westwood they never lived up to their major expectations. Faldo will never be caught

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

vladmydad wrote: »
    Didn’t realize Casey was 43 this is certainly his last major chance

How do you work that out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Sky desperate for Casey to win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Sky desperate for Casey to win
    In fairness if RTE had the rights and Lowry was leading it'd be ten times worse.

fullstop wrote: »
    How do you work that out?
    Very very few win majors beyond 43

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

This is brilliant. Casey just stitched it and should make it 7 ties for the lead on -10. 15-18 give good birdie chances so should be a great finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I don't get the hatred for Casey. Is it because he is English?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Very very few win majors beyond 43

Well if he's contending in this, there's nothing to say he can't contend in the other majors over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Casey will never win a major, including this one, I'd put my house on it.

*Awaits Casey win tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Happy4all wrote: »

Obviously not, would you see same posts if Fleetwood was in contention? He’s just a smug slimy git

qwabercd wrote: »
    Well if he's contending in this, there's nothing to say he can't contend in the other majors over the next few months.

Maybe but history says otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Obviously not, would you see same posts if Fleetwood was in contention? He’s just a smug slimy git

Dont get it. Have watched every major without fail the last 10 years and never got that impression. Seems like a good guy and wouldn't be grudge him a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Some tee shot there by Morikawa on 16...class

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

If Bryson could work on his putting he could be a major winner. Could perhaps do with just feeling it in a little at times too, he seems to always be going for the Hollywood shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Happy4all wrote: »

I didnt like the whole European Tour/Ryder Cup thing. I think he's a bit snobby on the European Tour, a place where he made his name and earned him a career.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Not sure where/who the hollering is come from but it's absolutely fantastic to hear.

Game Over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Hard luck Paul!

TXPTGR1 wrote: »

Although I have to say I cannot stand Fleetwood he’s massively overhyped, definitely not Major material.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Morikawa you focking genie.

Without sounding like I am after-timing, but I am delighted. Nervous still. But delighted

Dustin..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Although I have to say I cannot stand Fleetwood he’s massively overhyped, definitely not Major material.

Agree. During the weekend, they said during the coverage that he has shown before that he can hit 63 in a major. Well he jibbed it before, especially last year in the Open, but don't mention that.

And that's why Anyone saying Casey is a smug git has no clue. Total class interview,humility and grace in defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

You think of that era of English golfers Casey, Ross Fisher, Donald, Westwood they never lived up to their major expectations. Faldo will never be caught

Ross Fisher wouldn't win a major if he lived to be a thousand. The other 3 were much better players, he's a European tour plodder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Paul Casey played fantastic all week and was very humble in his interview there and gave Morikawa huge credit for his shot on 16 and for how Morikawa played today.

A class act.

I find it bizarre hes been called the champion and hes celebrating with people on the course that can catch him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Agree. During the weekend, they said during the coverage that he has shown before that he can hit 63 in a major. Well he jibbed it before, especially last year in the Open, but don't mention that.

Shot 80 on a Saturday once at the Wentworth pga, all the coverage went from Tommy Tommy Tommy, to disappointing round, but Rory is in contention, the following day it was won by Ryder Cup star Molinari, that sky just go with the flavour of the month, morikawa is a different level to champ or schleffer, but they were referred to as the 3 exciting talents. I'd say when morikawa gets this it will be one more than champ or schleffer ever win, in future I think I'll watch it with the sound turned down

Advertisement