Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 Transfers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

FitzShane wrote: »
    Who took the last Man United penalty?

Bruno had looked leggy lately and with another game in between now and Sunday, it may limit his goal threat. His last 3 goals in all comps have been 2 penalties and a free kick...

I'm thinking of doing a crazy and selling him

I will be taking either him or Martial out over the weekend for Silva. Will leave it till tomorrow to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

claw wrote: »
    I will be taking either him or Martial out over the weekend for Silva. Will leave it till tomorrow to decide.

I'd probably keep Martial, if I had him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

FitzShane wrote:
    Who took the last Man United penalty?

Bruno scored one against Chelsea as the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It's likely either:

1. Salah > Sterling

or

2. Bruno > Dilva or Mahrez

I'll have to look at the money leagues I'm in and whether a differential approach or a conservative/go for what you think is best approach is overall better. Likely will be option 1 as going without Sterling at home to Norwich could absolutely kill me, but at the same time I've been bumped down out of the money in a few leagues after last night so might need to take a risk/differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Morzadec wrote: »
    It's likely either:

1. Salah > Sterling

or

2. Bruno > Dilva or Mahrez

I'll have to look at the money leagues I'm in and whether a differential approach or a conservative/go for what you think is best approach is overall better. Likely will be option 1 as going without Sterling at home to Norwich could absolutely kill me, but at the same time I've been bumped down out of the money in a few leagues after last night so might need to take a risk/differential.

Can you do both?
    I'm looking at a -4 (3 transfer) hit to bring in Sterling Dilva and Auba ...
    Auba to cover main rival in mini league
    Rather be safe than be sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Thinking of a -8 to take out Bruno, Vardy and Foden and put in Sterling, Silva and Nketiah.

Team would be then:

Pope
    Long 2 from Stevens, Egan, Alonso, Doherty
    Salah Sterling Martial Silva KDB
    Giroud Greenwood

Playing triple captain. Crazy midfield but not sure about the rest of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Mendy likely to start this weekend ? benched the last game out

or Otamendi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

miller82 wrote: »
    Mendy likely to start this weekend ? benched the last game out

I’d say so Cos zinchenko was also on bench but played last quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cant understand so many talking about selling Bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

People looking for differentials.

He's ''Only'' scored 5 & 6 in his last two. Martial has scored 13 & 8. Also the game could potentially work out as a 'gentlemans fix' whereby a draw will suit both teams so can't imagine it will be highscoring.

I'm waiting for this GW to be over to see if I'm chasing differentials or if United need to win etc.

Edit: Actually don't think that fix is possible now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Tough game against Leicester. Lot to play for, so you'd imagine a low scoring game. The main reason though is to fit in Dilva. Can't find any other way to do it.

Bruno, Guendouzi, Rashford OUT > Mahrez, Dilva, J-Rod IN. Worth a -8 punt for the last day?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Bruno, Guendouzi, Rashford OUT > Mahrez, Dilva, J-Rod IN. Worth a -8 punt for the last day?

Not for minus 8 i don’t think
    Could go badly wrong tbh

sheroman01 wrote: »

Why not. How are you performing in mini leagues?

km79 wrote: »
    Not for minus 8 i don’t think
    Could go badly wrong tbh
    Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Why not. How are you performing in mini leagues?

I'm 80k. Not much to play for really. Main league is gone.

Actually, Bruno + Martial > Mahrez + Dilva might be better.

Also, is Jesus worth bringing in? Assuming he'll start, but he did play 90mins yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bruno to Dilva, will wait on Pep's press conference first just to be 'safe'

Pope (Alison)

TAA Dunk Tarkowski Egan(AWB)

Salah Bruno Willian KDB(Rice)

Jimenez Ings (Greenwood)

2FT to use and 30point lead in pay league

Transfer options please ?

1- Willian/Salah to Dilva/Sterling
    2- Salah/Jimenez to Dilva/Auba
    3- -4 No2 + Willian to Richarlinson
    4 -8 No1 plus Alison to 3.9 Jimi to Auba

Oh still have TC too ?

Main rival in pay league has Auba and TC to play
    30+ ahead surly the 8point hit will cover the main big hitters and possible big scorers ??

Taughts . Worth-8 to cover rivals team (Leaving 6 same players)

Mt team next weekend with triple united attack, gru against doherty , ings against egan and no sterling is not exactly screaming POINTS
    I hope Charlie taylor is fit or I may also have Fernandez against salah!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Contemplating a treble Burnley defensive double up. Pope, pieters and tarkowski on free hit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

My first Vulture points!!!!

Thank you Christian. May bin Bruno instead of you now.

• Advertisement

Right I have to get sterling anyway to protect myself
    I am .3 short of fernandes to him.
    Have to just bite the bullet and sell salah for him . That leaves me enough for foden to dilva for -4

I have been way too conservative on last day for last few seasons and it has almost cost me a few times. So I am going for it this year

I am really not excited at all about having triple united attack though so I did look at a -8 to get sterling kane and fodder in for salah foden and Giroud (he would be my first sub otherwise)
    That is silly right...........

Oh hold on. I would still have triple united attack LOL. So that is a no

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Right I have to get sterling anyway to protect myself
    I am .3 short of fernandes to him.
    Have to just bite the bullet and sell salah for him . That leaves me enough for foden to dilva for -4

I have been way too conservative on last day for last few seasons and it has almost cost me a few times. So I am going for it this year

I am really not excited at all about having triple united attack though so I did look at a -8 to get sterling kane and fodder in for salah foden and Giroud (he would be my first sub otherwise)
    That is silly right...........

Oh hold on. I would still have triple united attack LOL. So that is a no

The - 4 is definitely the way to go I think. Good moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Salah to Sterling.

Not sure if Cresswell to Laporte is worth a -4 (Cresswell likely injured and Doherty will be my first sub)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

callaway92 wrote: »
    Salah to Sterling.

Not sure if Cresswell to Laporte is worth a -4 (Cresswell likely injured and Doherty will be my first sub)

Don't see Laporte starting next game. Pep will most likely rotate.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

On a FH.

What are we thinking are the 3 best City attacking assets to get in. Based on game time I'm looking at getting Sterling, Mahrez and Dilva in.

Have KDB at the minute (serious value built up) but he did play the full 90 mins in FA cup and Watford game so afraid of rotation. Also seems to be playing quite deep lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

callaway92 wrote: »
    Salah to Sterling.

Laporte is a good shout but I'd play Doherty.

A Chelsea attacker complicates it...
    I've 2 FT and not ruling out any hits. I'm 7pts behind a FHer for first in a League. Trust your gut.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

On a FH.

What are we thinking are the 3 best City attacking assets to get in. Based on game time I'm looking at getting Sterling, Mahrez and Dilva in.

Have KDB at the minute (serious value built up) but he did play the full 90 mins in FA cup and Watford game so afraid of rotation. Also seems to be playing quite deep lately.

In the same boat and I agree with those three. KDB is a headache because if Guardiola starts him and I don't have him, that could spoil the whole day if he runs riot. Sterling and Dilva are near certs for me.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Thinking -4
    Salah-Guendouzi to Sterling-Dilva

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

We should have info on all starting line ups before deadline right?

If so, it would seem to make sense to hold off on any moves until then - although price changes may take Sterling out of my reach, for example.

• Advertisement

PS

Has anyone confirmed Sterling yet as a transfer?

Will he start? Worried bout price rises as only have 0.1 or 0.2 to play with.

Will I take the plunge today??

Advertisement