Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Need an Artist? Post here! Read Post #1 before posting!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Hello,

I am looking for someone who can sew and hem, specifically hand-roll the edges of silk squares. This would be in small amounts for my own use.

I would also be interested in someone who can pin-fringe silk or do tasseled fringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 djgarvey123

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows any graffiti artists in Dublin who would be willing to go to work on my bedroom? Whatever the price is I'll pay it as long as it's not ridiculous.

Thanks,
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PDH82

Had a passing thought for a gift for a friend so thought I'd just post up here and see if it would be something anyone would be interested in. So I went to America 10 years ago shortly before my 21st birthday and, as she was going to miss it, one of my best friends gave me a signed dollar bill as a small parting gift (only to be used in an emergency!). So it's her 30th birthday shortly and I still have the note so I thought it might be an idea to return it to her in some fashion and that it might be cool to have someone with an artistic touch to use it as a mini canvas of sorts and sketch/colour something unique on it. After which I was thinking I could frame it, or press it between glass.

Anyway, if any of this makes sense, or is of interest to anyone, drop me a PM.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 agregory

Hi,

I'm looking for an artist who can do a colour drawing/painting as a wedding gift to my future wife. It will be of the Rockefeller Centre (where we got engaged!).
    I have attached an image as a general guide of what I would like the painting of.
    I will need it in the next 3 weeks if that is possible!!
    If anyone is interested please pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CPaschal

You've been PMed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Hill House

Hi,

I'd like to get a copy of the 3 canvases in the attached picture painted for my living room, would this be possible? I've looked everywhere for a similar painting with those colours but proving very hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DonnaH

Can someone advise me please?
    I'm looking to get in touch with artists who create products specifically targeted at teenagers?
    ie tshirts, gadgets, etc.
    I've tried emailing colleges but getting no reply?
    All suggestions welcome.
    Thanks
    Donna

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CPaschal

@ DonnaH:

I would recommend posting an ad on the Visual Artist's Ireland weekly newsletter, The Common Room network or the Creative Ireland discussion Forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

DonnaH wrote: »
    Can someone advise me please?
    I'm looking to get in touch with artists who create products specifically targeted at teenagers?
    ie tshirts, gadgets, etc.
    I've tried emailing colleges but getting no reply?
    All suggestions welcome.
    Thanks
    Donna

I have PMd you .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pjrdj

paid position, for dressmaker, to design and produce a wardrobe for a 2 1/2 ft puppet for ongoing project. need someone in the cork area, preferably west, premises available also. please send any portfolio or relevant content to PM ONLY this is open to all grades, pro or student, looking for flair more than anything:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭okatied

Hi,
    I'm looking for a graphic designer to design a family tree that I can give to my parents and hubbys parents as framed christmas presents. (that means 2 different family trees) I've a pretty good idea what I want but I am in no way artistic so need help to see this through to fruition. I'm currently working abroad, but will be in Ireland from the 2nd week in Dec. Please PM me if you think you can help.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Hey

I want to get an idea how much a canvas as in the picture below would cost. Its a architectural plans in silver point printed on a navy canvas.

I might be able to get something like this printed but for something like this I would love a one of a kind.This person has a architecture plans printed on it, but I would prefer circuitry plans if possible but I'm not overly concerned about that.

If I could get a ballpark figure from someone (very much ball park at this stage) we can go from there.

http://g-ec2.apartmenttherapy.com/3146232/Scott18_rect640.jpg

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stat7X

Hi, looking for funky graffiti artist for an average sized door in Maynooth area. Open to ideas, if anyone is interested or could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    PM me if interested with ideas and price, etc.
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ricky04

Hi,
    I'm hoping to get a portrait painting done of my god daughter as part of her first birthday present. I was wondering if anyone knows someone who could do this for me from a photograph? Also, what price do you think this will cost me? Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭jos28

I am looking for someone to make a loose cover for a futon mattress. Nothing fancy, just need to brighten it up a bit. I think some sort of stretchy material would be best. The mattress measures 54in x 72in. If someone can do this, I would appreciate a PM with an idea of what it might cost. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RedRebel92

It's my friends birthday soon and was wondering could someone make a poster with this quote on it as a present, he loves it. Don't have any ideas what the poster could be like so any help is grateful.

Inner Strength

If you can start the day without caffeine or pep pills,
    If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
    If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
    If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,
    If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you time,

If you can overlook when people take things out on you when,
    through no fault of yours, something goes wrong,
    If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
    If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
    If you can conquer tension without medical help,
    If you can relax without liquor,
    If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
    If you can do all these things,

Then you are probably the family dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ZEALOUSEVENTS

Hey

I am looking for a graffitti artist who can come into our office an paint a wall to give it abit of life. Do you know whwere i can find one?

Thnaks in Advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dannydman

idealismart.com has pm'd you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gnf_ireland

Hi all
    My latest 'project' is to come up with what to do with a boundary wall approx 6 meters by 1.5/2 meters high, which is beside the patio and west/south west facing.

I have been thinking about a little summer project that would see me convert this to an outdoor mosaic using broken tiles etc. I appreciate it is a bit of a mini-project but I am sure it will keep me out of trouble for a few weekends over the summer

Only downside is I am not the creative type - decent enough 'doer' when it comes to this, but terrible at the design part of it

I am looking for someone to assist in collecting ideas of what we would like on the mosaic from my wife and I, and then translating this to a sketch for us to review and assess. Once agreed, I would like this person to draw the outline on the wall, and I will do the rest.

If interested, please let me know and what type of similar projects you have done in the past. I don't expect other mosaics but murals etc. would be a good start. I don't expect this to be overly complex, but will need to get the balance between my ideas and my wife's

Of course, I don't expect this done for free !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Guys, I'm starting a photography business and I need a simple logo designed to go on my website, business cards, flyers, pull up stands etc. I want it to be really simple and minimalist and kind of classy.

Ideally the artist would be in Cork so we could meet and discuss stuff. If anyone is interested in this, give me a PM. Thanks muchly! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

Hi there,

I'm writing as a representative of The Icon Factory in Temple Bar. We're an artist cooperative (a quick google will give you our Facebook and website) and are always looking for new artists to get involved. Generally we ask that you create artwork around a cultural icon of Ireland (of your choice), this may end up displayed on The Icon Walk which is the largest permanent outdoor art installation in Ireland. We also have space for exhibiting your work indoors in our premises. If anybody is interested in talking further do give me a pm!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aaronkelly1000

Hi, I need somebody to spray paint a wall in my room, literally my name and then other stuff around it. If you could get back to me it would be a big help.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Looking for someone to do a painting in the Galway city area - needed as birthday present by start of June.
    Have a photo of a print I saw a while back that I would like to use as a basis, but would like a few changes to the composition to personalise it. Wouldn't be that big, probably 12"x12" max.

Also, if anyone can do this & give a reasonable price, please pm me.
    I think this is more likely a watercolour than an oil work, but can take advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dlart

You've been PMed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Looks like I'm sorted for the painting, thank for the replies folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hi folks,
    I'm looking at setting up a website as a little side project, selling a set of cards each week by a different Irish illustrator.

I haven't finalised prices or anything like that but all profits after costs (printing and posting) would be split 50/50 between the site and the artist.

If you're interested in partaking I'd love to hear from you, or any comments on the above I'm open to any feedback too.

Many thanks
    Cian

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Muso lover

Artist or caricaturist wanted to collaborate with a band (by painting or drawing live) this Friday 17th May at an album launch in Dublin.
    We will be filming a video for our next single on the night. Both artwork and artist will feature in the video. Our last video had over 200,000 hits on youtube, so great potential for exposure.
    Contact VIA PM asap if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

We are working with a very talented animator in Cork on a short animation project called 'The Secret of Life' for next years film festivals. We are looking for a background artist to work with us. There will be no pay but its good experience and a way to get your name into a film festival. The style we are looking for is a playful, Ghibli-esc style background.

If interested contact me via Pm me on this.

Mod Snip - read charter - no personal email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimjam99

Hello, Im looking for a Silhouette artist in Ireland please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TOOYOUNGTODIE

Hi

I am opening a small micro brewery in County Meath, and am looking for someone to do a mural on the wall in our tasting room.
    It is a blank canvas 11ft high by 25ft long concrete wall.
    No idea what we want, artistic freewill needed.

Can you recommend anyone, what will it cost, money is very tight, lots of free beer if necessary. Brewery is going in as we speak and I would like it done in the next 3-6weeks before we open for tastings.

Thank you in advance

Advertisement