Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

joujoujou wrote: »
    hvkpta3736e51.png
    Does that say "trifling bitch"? :pac: I hope it's an appropriate type of cake..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

boombang wrote: »

Those are from former Benetton ad campaigns from the 80s-90s.

The photographer, Oliviero Toscani, was infamous for those. The message was that everyone is equal, they're supposed to be messages against racism and discrimination. Some of his images were quite strong, depicting people dying of AIDS and asylum seekers.

https://www.ecosia.org/images?q=oliviero+toscani+benetton

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

m17 wrote: »
    Jjw8YEi.jpg
    Looks like an eclipse.

521839.jpg

Imagine if the wind caught that, it could really drive you off course...
    Probably not as because it is a flag it will not have any steering ropes on it, it would slow you down that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

...of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

New Home wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was later than that, my last day in the office was the 23rd and the "proper" lockdown started after that. An announcement was made on Paddy's day or the day before, though.

Announcement to close schools was 12th March, effective day after (Friday 13th). Lockdown itself happened a few weeks later, but a lot of people has already started the working from home gig by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bootup wrote: »
    HKWoCQ2.jpg

A man was driving along the motorway when he noticed a chicken running alongside his car. He was amazed to see the chicken keeping up with him, as he was doing 60 mph. He accelerated to 70, and the chicken stayed right next to him. He sped up to 75 mph, but the chicken overtook him.

Then the man noticed that the chicken had four legs. So he followed the chicken, speeding all the way, and ended up at a farm. He got out of his car and saw that all the chickens on the farm had four legs.

When he spotted the farmer he asked him, "Where did you get these chickens?"

The farmer replied "Well, everybody likes chicken legs, so I bred a four-legged bird. I'm going to be a millionaire."

The man was impressed and asked him how they tasted. The farmer said, "Don't know, I haven't caught one yet."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,406 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

cpt midnight posts 10 pic, I can see 1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

apXOUbe.jpeg

:eek:

Are you sure you didn't want to post this on You Want You Lose? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Suckit wrote: »
    jxAqVTm.jpg

"Computer, end programme."

Let this 2020 shítstorm be finished with.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

astrofluff wrote: »
    "Computer, end programme."

Let this 2020 shítstorm be finished with.

Computer : Loading end of days programme.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

7jGLxhbm.jpg

Zhuge Liang had 100 men to defend a town. And then an army of 150,000 shows up :eek:

Liang, recognising that the situation was hopeless, ordered his men to take down the flags, open the gates, and hide and disguise themselves as civilians. Liang himself then sat upon the wall of the town in a Tao robe and played a lute.

The opposing general, Sima Yi, recognised Liang and knew of his military and tactical capabilities. Seeing how calm Liang remained in the face of such a large force, Yi was certain that it was a trap and ordered a retreat.

Bonus :
    In 603 BC Chinese Chu warrior Xiong Yiliao stepped out in front of an invading army and started juggling 9 balls and the other army went away...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

[QUOTE=alc[code]hemist33;114247210]Mildly NSFW

https://i.redd.it/1ucwxbmyikf51.jpg[/QUOTE]

Run piggy run!! :P

Update

He got the laptop back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

m17 wrote: »
    8C6TkBZ.jpg

Les-idees-marketing-anti-Covid-mars--9-F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

New Home wrote: »
    587188.jpg
    tumblr_ndemmyz80D1spdt2jo7_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I am going to burn in hell for laughing at this.
    s6LepsO.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

astrofluff wrote: »
    I am going to burn in hell for laughing at this.

What am I missing? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Braille on a mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Many blind people can see something.

IrishZeus wrote: »
    What am I missing? :pac:
    The points! :pac:

Reminds me of that football team that was being inclusive... by having the name of the player/teams written in Braille on the back of their shirts... so it could be seen from the telly, too... :rolleyes:

eKQOsRh.jpg

Wall-E, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Grid. wrote: »
    xMUx4q2.jpg?1

Funnily enough..........

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Funnily enough..........

EBwql.gif

Apex predator and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

cdeb wrote: »
    Braille on a mirror

I thought there was a tsunami coming.

That toddler chef in the Baaawww thread is adorable, but his parents are insane, he's waaaaay too young to be left so near a hot pot/pan/grill without an adult stuck to him.

• Advertisement

Advertisement