Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-12-2019, 16:55   #1
runswithascript

Turning a Perx reward card into cash?

I have a Perx card with a balance of €250 that I would like to try turn into cash. I am wondering the best way to go about this. I thought that perhaps since it is a Mastercard I could topup my paypal account and then withdraw from it?
Advertisement
14-12-2019, 17:07   #2
runswithascript

I have discovered you can only 'topup' your Paypal balance by SEPA transfer. I have been able to add the card to my account, and as Paypal will not let me send money to myself, I could send it to a family member and ask them to send back to me so I can withdraw, but I am sure when I was sent money in the past there was some charge...
14-12-2019, 17:26   #3
whiterebel

Mod: better suited to the banking forum? Please be aware of the charter in the new forum.
14-12-2019, 17:29   #4
john4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithascript View Post
I have discovered you can only 'topup' your Paypal balance by SEPA transfer. I have been able to add the card to my account, and as Paypal will not let me send money to myself, I could send it to a family member and ask them to send back to me so I can withdraw, but I am sure when I was sent money in the past there was some charge...
You can setup a second PayPal account, add the card to that account and then send money to your original PayPal account and withdraw the money to your bank account. There is no fee transferring money between the PayPal accounts when paying a friend.
Thanks from:
18-12-2019, 19:40   #5
ebayissues

I topped up betfair account using perx card and withdrew to bank account
Advertisement
19-12-2019, 07:34   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayissues View Post
I topped up betfair account using perx card and withdrew to bank account
Surprised they didnt flag your account for money laundering

they are supposeed to be strict on that kinda thing
04-08-2020, 11:29   #7
TM

Old thread but just wanted to say thanks to others above for the tip on converting Perx to cash by sending a gift to somebody else and having them send it back. Was able to convert €500 on a Perx card received as a work bonus to cash in my bank this way with no charges being deducted.

My other plan to buy Prize Bonds did not work because technically Perx is a prepaid CREDIT not DEBIT card so cannot be used to purchase PBs.

Anyway - thanks for the tip! :-)
Thanks from:
10-08-2020, 17:19   #8
Galadriel

Thanks for this, I get these cards from time to time and I find them painful to use in supermarkets, they never know how to scan them.

Second paypal account, problem solved!
10-08-2020, 17:26   #9
Jafin

Send a message via Skype™ to Jafin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
Thanks for this, I get these cards from time to time and I find them painful to use in supermarkets, they never know how to scan them.

Second paypal account, problem solved!
They can just swipe them, the same as had to be done before chip and pin was ever a thing, and then you sign the piece of paper.
Advertisement
10-08-2020, 17:27   #10
yurtyaherne

Could you use them to top up a Revolut or N26 account and then withdraw from ATM or transfer to bank A/C?
10-08-2020, 17:48   #11
Galadriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafin View Post
They can just swipe them, the same as had to be done before chip and pin was ever a thing, and then you sign the piece of paper.
Yep, I have tried telling them that. I used one in Dunnes last week and tried it again today, nope, they couldn't manage it
10-08-2020, 17:49   #12
el Fenomeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtyaherne View Post
Could you use them to top up a Revolut or N26 account and then withdraw from ATM or transfer to bank A/C?
Not Revolut anyway, I tried.

I just did the PayPal trick. Added it as my primary card, sent money to my brother via PayPal using that card, and he sent it straight back to me. I then withdrew it to my bank account.
12-08-2020, 18:17   #13
McGaggs

Is there a way to do something similar with an all4one online code?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion