Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trump's tax info is out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The point isn't the amount of taxes, or the loopholes and exceptions that he availed of to get them, although of course that is the line that they will try to deflect to.

The real story, and the major blow to Trumps standing, is that he had a clear conflict of interest in getting the tax law changed, and that he isn't the successful businessman that he sold himself, and his campaign on.

The great deal maker is actually a failure at making deals, and he owes massive amounts to unknown people and that clearly makes him a massive security risk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

He is like half the property developers here so. (well not all there are some good ones)
    Donald is definitely One of the Good Guys. A Great Guy in Fact.

So long as Donald stops the Antifa Terrorist Communists / the BLM Terrorist Communists and the other Communists then Donald is a Great Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

blinding wrote: »
    Donald is definitely One of the Good Guys. A Great Guy in Fact.

So long as Donald stops the Antifa Terrorist Communists / the BLM Terrorist Communists and the other Communists then Donald is a Great Guy.
    Melania is like the dumbest woman in history!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Or the smartest ....she’s set for life and having the son he’d not go anywhere near her, win win!!!

Melania is living a life that 99.99% of all the women that ever lived could only dream of.

Melania is well able to make her own decisions.

Coming from Eastern Europe, Melania is probably very keen to keep the Communists out as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Trump is the embodiment of dumb ass America, with an unshakeable belief that they are superior and that all their problems are someone else’s fault. They are hugely entitled and wasteful creatures. He is their king, and he is very representative of that dumb ass cohort.
    Expect him to be re elected no matter what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

screamer wrote: »
    Trump is the embodiment of dumb ass America, with an unshakeable belief that they are superior and that all their problems are someone else’s fault. They are hugely entitled and wasteful creatures. He is their king, and he is very representative of that dumb ass cohort.
    Expect him to be re elected no matter what he does.

some of the most intelligent humans ive come across are in fact american, its important not to generalise!

Melania came West ~ ~ Away from Communism !

Melania did not go East ~ ~ To Communism !

Melania will be Grand. I’d ask her out but Donald probably wouldn’t like it !

Melania came West ~ ~ Away from Communism !

Melania did not go East ~ ~ To Communism !

Melania will be Grand. I’d ask her out but Donald probably wouldn’t like it !

communism is long gone, we ve moved onto other utopias, such as the so called free market!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

CNN breaking reports that Brad Parscale has been taken to a medical facility by police.

Wife rang to report he was armed, and threatening suicide.
    Hope he is ok, but interesting timing and one would have to wonder what the trigger was?

Added link:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/27/politics/brad-parscale-hospitalized/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

Don the Con. Dodge the draft dodges paying taxes. Will it matter to his base though? Not one bit.

bocaman wrote: »
    Don the Con. Dodge the draft dodges paying taxes. Will it matter to his base though? Not one bit.

theyll lap it up, another 4 years i guess

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    communism is long gone, we ve moved onto other utopias, such as the so called free market!
    The Chinese style of Communism is Strong i.e. An Elite above everyone else. One set of laws for that Elite and everyone else under ~ ~ “ A Communist Set of rules “

People thought that the Chinese would be drawn to Democracy when the West interacted with them. It never occurred to People in the West that the Elites in the West would get drawn to the Chinese Communist System i.e. An Elite ruling over everybody else with different rules /laws for that Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

He is only doing what countless other wealthy people do and exploit every law and loophole to his advantage. Taxes are for the little people after all.

It may rankle with some floating voters but I don't see it making much difference.

He has already called it fake news, but I can see him blending that with 'I'm a smart guy, I pay as little tax as possible, who wants to pay more tax? But Joe Biden wants you to pay more tax.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I’m no Trump fan, but the idea of dodging military service which is extremely bad for ones health and paying less tax strike me as pretty intelligent things to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Ivanka tells a story where her father gave a homeless man a dollar outside trump tower, then turned to tell her the homeless man was now richer than he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I’m no Trump fan, but the idea of dodging military service which is extremely bad for ones health and paying less tax strike me as pretty intelligent things to do.

Sounds to me that he is exactly the type of person that you would be a fan of.

funnily enough, you ll find, when such people dodge taxes, and when the finance minister goes to balance their books, and when they run out of options to do so, they ll default to the only place they can, average joe and mary workers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

The Chinese style of Communism is Strong i.e. An Elite above everyone else. One set of laws for that Elite and everyone else under ~ ~ “ A Communist Set of rules “

People thought that the Chinese would be drawn to Democracy when the West interacted with them. It never occurred to People in the West that the Elites in the West would get drawn to the Chinese Communist System i.e. An Elite ruling over everybody else with different rules /laws for that Elite.
    You sound like a real expert on China alright

You sound like a real expert on China alright

communism strangely looks like 'state capitalism'!

• Advertisement

He has no problem sending other men and women overseas to war.

Not paying your taxes is a scummy thing to do. If everyone did it, where would we be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    some of the most intelligent humans ive come across are in fact american, its important not to generalise!

Oh I know, and that’s why I said he’s very representative of the dumb ass cohort, certainly not everyone. Unfortunately that cohort is strong in their support of Trump, and I don’t think anything will shake that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

So is this the long hoped for "Gotcha!" ? Russia didnt work, Stormy Daniels didnt work, impeachment didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

One of the first things I say to my accountant every year is how can I pay more tax to the state

screamer wrote: »
    Oh I know, and that’s why I said he’s very representative of the dumb ass cohort, certainly not everyone. Unfortunately that cohort is strong in their support of Trump, and I don’t think anything will shake that.

i wouldnt necessarily say theyre dumb, but theyre actions are certainly questionable, theyre more disillusioned, angry and scared, humans tend not to behave rationally under such conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Nope they won't care. The only way Trump would lose support amongst his base would be if he came out as pro-choice in the abortion debate and advocated strict gun control. He'd certainly alienate some of his base by doing that but even then hardcore Trumpists would stick by him no matter what.

One of the first things I say to my accountant every year is how can I pay more tax to the state

...so if everyone behaved as such, particularly more wealthier individuals, it would hardly lead to civil unrest, would it?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Nope they won't care. The only way Trump would lose support amongst his base would be if he came out as pro-choice in the abortion debate and advocated strict gun control. He'd certainly alienate some of his base but even then hardcore Trumpists would stick by him no matter what.

What do you think would have to happen for some of the anti trump crowd to become pro trump?..

osarusan wrote: »
    He is only doing what countless other wealthy people do and exploit every law and loophole to his advantage. Taxes are for the little people after all.

It may rankle with some floating voters but I don't see it making much difference.

He has already called it fake news, but I can see him blending that with 'I'm a smart guy, I pay as little tax as possible, who wants to pay more tax? But Joe Biden wants you to pay more tax.'
    The Man is a Veritable Pargon of Virtue in Comparison to Bertie Ahern or Charlie Haughey:eek::eek:

And yet the Irish People stick their noses in the air. In fairness Irish People get enjoyment from being shafted by their own ! !

• Advertisement

What do you think would have to happen for some of the anti trump crowd to become pro trump?..

definitely blackhole territory, definitely!

Advertisement