Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indian takeaway

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭paulbok

I could murder a bhuna
    Lamb bhuna, mushroom rice, peshwari naan, cold beer.:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What indian take away did you use ?

For restuarants try out Kinara in clontarf ... it's awesome food .

Pakistani food - but similar enough..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Murt10 wrote: »
    I recently had a Chicken Sambal from my local Indian Restaurant.

It's a traditional dish in India, rather than most of the other "Indian" dishes which were invented in Birmingham and London etc.

The Indian bloke serving it warned me that it was very very hot. He advised me not to go for it unless I was sure I knew what I was getting.

He was right. It was extremely hot.

About two/three hours after eating it, I went for a pee. A very uncomfortable and burning sensation.

That was it, no further problems
    I had a lamb gurka curry in england a couple of years ago, I too was warned that it was hotter than phall and they werent wrong. It was like drinking petrol then throwing a match down your throat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Congratulations.

You have chlamydia.
    You'd want to get the health inspector onto that establishment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

the_monkey wrote: »

Well, only sixty years ago they were all one country after all. I have an infuriating acquaintance (no longer friend for this and other reasons) who gets snobbish if he thinks a restaurant is run by Pakistanis rather than Indians, because he "doesn't like Pakistani food, only Indian". :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm not a big lover of curry outside of the homemade ones made by my mother and aunt but on ocassion, I've tried the food from Indie Spice and it's quite nice. I tried a chicken tikka masala and it had chunks of meat the size of my head! The sauce was fragrent without being too spicy and it was accompanied by this lovely naan bread that had almond paste inside it. Gorgeous!
    Feck, this thread is making me hungry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Pakistan run Indian Restaurant in Castletroy, Limerick seem to be lacking some of the vegetarian options. I was ball hopping them: 'surely with the large number of vegetarians in India yee would have vegetarian vindaloo on your menu.

They cook Chinese food as well. Plenty of beef dishes but no pork :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭positron

YFlyer wrote: »
    Pakistan run Indian Restaurant in Castletroy..:D

Oh really? Their government, or is it under President's direct control? :P

I have never heard of 'phaal' before this thread, and I am from India! But then again, I hadn't heard of a lot of the dishes they serve here as Indian anyway. Large country I suppose, and rest are made up stuff with tonnes of cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If you lived in Dublin I could recommend a great curry place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

cloud493 wrote: »
    If you lived in Dublin I could recommend a great curry place.

Please do !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Tandoori butter chicken + pilau rice + nan bread of your choice <3

Chillies are designed to burn and irritate, we shouldn't be eating them realistically, it's the equivalent of intentionally rubbing nettles on your skin. That said, you cannot uunder any circumstances beat a good curry. Much love for the thai variety.

actually, chillies have potential health benefits. And the burning sensation isn't actual burning. Unlike the poison from nettles. (btw, which are edible when cooked).

http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/chili-peppers.html
    http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Chilli-compound-delivers-heart-benefits-Hamster-study
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-peppers?page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

actually, chillies have potential health benefits. And the burning sensation isn't actual burning. Unlike the poison from nettles. (btw, which are edible when cooked).

http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/chili-peppers.html
    http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Chilli-compound-delivers-heart-benefits-Hamster-study
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-peppers?page=2

I've heard chillies are good for getting a dose of the horn. Of course you shouldn't handle your Herman the One-Eyed German after preparing chillies. Common sense needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Nearly all Indian restaurants in Ireland are run by Pakistanis and Bengalis anyway. Also Pakistani/Punjabi food is the nicest food you'll get anywhere in the Indian subcontinent according to a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭positron

FTA69 wrote: »
    Nearly all Indian restaurants in Ireland are run by Pakistanis and Bengalis anyway. Also Pakistani/Punjabi food is the nicest food you'll get anywhere in the Indian subcontinent according to a lot of people.

First part yes. Second part Oh no. No no no. Far from truth.

• Advertisement

I've heard chillies are good for getting a dose of the horn. Of course you shouldn't handle your Herman the One-Eyed German after preparing chillies. Common sense needed.

ha ha ha

..................not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

positron wrote: »
    First part yes. Second part Oh no. No no no. Far from truth.

Well going on my experience of curry in England that's commonly the case. About 90% of "Indian" restaurants in the UK are owned by people from Bangladesh and they serve the same generic curries ("madras" "vindaloo" and all of that b*llocks). Most of this stuff is the same curry more or less made out of a basic spiced onion type of soup.

The Punjabi places over here however, are generally of a far superior quality to these.

Advertisement